It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Star Trek: TNG
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:07 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Titus Welliver sighting in the S5 finale.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I used that drop in one of the podcasts.

There is the theory of the Moebius, a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop

*Orbital brown album ensues from here*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
New season and Wesley is still around. When is this twat going to the academy? I've had enough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:07 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Hank Scorpio wrote:
New season and Wesley is still around. When is this twat going to the academy? I've had enough.

Pretty soon. One of the great episodes, surprisingly, is him at the Academy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:08 pm 

Sorry that ep is Season 5.

Thought it was sooner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:09 pm 

On the plus side, you still have the Ashley Judd episodes coming up and drug addictions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
On the plus side, you still have the Ashley Judd episodes coming up and drug addictions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know

Down side ,Worfs kid except the time travel one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:46 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:

Worf knocked up that human/Klingon chick?

Just for the record, I probably would. She had a rocking body, I'd live with the forehead issues.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:48 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Worf knocked up that human/Klingon chick?

Just for the record, I probably would. She had a rocking body, I'd live with the forehead issues.

Yeah,Sehe was also on How I met your mother and Beker. Very hot .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:26 pm 

Not going to start a new thread for it but just got to ST:Voyager episode "Someone To Watch Over Me". What a great episode of TV.

I've seen it 3 times, made The Bandit watch and even she enjoyed it.

It's an episode you can just watch without knowing anything about Voyager - except - The Doctor is a hologram trying to teach what he's learned about human interaction to a former-Borg human Seven of Nine.

Great episode.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Speaking of good stand alone episodes, but how the hell did Patrick Stewart not win an Emmy for his work on "The Inner Light." That 45 minute episode may be one of the single greatest works of science fiction ever put on either the big or small screen.

I just wish TNG was more sequential as DS9 was as exploring how that experience would've changed Picard would make for an interesting arc and character study. There is no way he could ever be the same person again after living 50 years of another man's life and getting to fulfill the one part of his life he will never experience as a Starfleet Captain.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:11 pm 

Seven of Nine's body is insane.

I can't help but wonder if she wasn't so hot if Barack Obama never becomes President. Not political, just counterfactual speculation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:15 pm 

Seven of Nine's body is insane.

I can't help but wonder if she wasn't so hot if Barack Obama never becomes President. Not political, just counterfactual speculation.

Actually, I guess the real question is how hot did she need to be / what kind of standards did that dumbass have?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:19 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Speaking of good stand alone episodes, but how the hell did Patrick Stewart not win an Emmy for his work on "The Inner Light." That 45 minute episode may be one of the single greatest works of science fiction ever put on either the big or small screen.

I just wish TNG was more sequential as DS9 was as exploring how that experience would've changed Picard would make for an interesting arc and character study. There is no way he could ever be the same person again after living 50 years of another man's life and getting to fulfill the one part of his life he will never experience as a Starfleet Captain.

TNG was the first real successful non Big 3 show. They did not think it as real TV.

Dr so true , I mean he had her what more did he want? He probably could have had a few SciFi babes on the side.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:25 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

There was one episode later where he went back and played that flute after some emotional thing I don’t remember.

But agreed. They should have given them memories.

I hated that episode where he goes back to see his brother’s family when I was a kid. But watching it now, knowing it is right after the Borg, what a great episode.

Post subject: Star Trek TNG
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:42 am 

pizza_Place: Hello. And Bye.
I was all Trekked-out by Enterprise and never gave that a fair stab. After 7 whole series of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, I was burnt out. This news is most welcome.

Trek, X Files, Star Wars - its like 1997 all over again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 pm 

Discovery just wrapped up their mid-season and that season was better than I'd even hoped.

But, that said, I think The Orville was even better. The Orville was more Star Trek than Discovery but they were both worth watching.

The Orville was more light-hearted and entertaining - but still with serious moments. Even my wife liked it. Discovery, she wasn't into.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm 

Discovery just wrapped up their mid-season and that season was better than I'd even hoped.

But, that said, I think The Orville was even better. The Orville was more Star Trek than Discovery but they were both worth watching.

The Orville was more light-hearted and entertaining - but still with serious moments. Even my wife liked it. Discovery, she wasn't into.

Go watch Enterprise. They only mess with Canon a little bit but it has not only great story lines but with out a doubt the hottest woman in Trekdom.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:31 pm 

The Orville isn't just dick and fart jokes? I never even thought to take a look at it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:24 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

The Orville isn't just dick and fart jokes? I never even thought to take a look at it.

It's a weird show. Still lots of dick and fart jokes. The first couple episodes aren't inspiring but then it really kind of takes off.

It's a parody / homage to Star Trek: TNG, really. It's got some very serious themes and then they'll make a fart joke. That's why it's so weird.

But they do tribute to the various Star Trek tropes like "the away mission" episode or "the trial" episode. They do one about a Twitter planet which is fantastic.

Not to give too much away but, here's an example of the at-times farcical tone - they go through an anomaly and immediately -

Captain: STATUS REPORT!!

Helm: WE HAVE HULL BREACHES ON DECKS 8, 23, AND 41. MULTIPLE CASUALTIES. AND ENSIGN JONES SPILLED SOY SAUCE ON HIS PANTS.

Captain: They put that on a status report? We need better people.

You can tell MacFarlane loves Star Trek. It's pretty great. And I love Adrienne Palicki. Always have.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:03 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

It's a weird show. Still lots of dick and fart jokes. The first couple episodes aren't inspiring but then it really kind of takes off.

It's a parody / homage to Star Trek: TNG, really. It's got some very serious themes and then they'll make a fart joke. That's why it's so weird.

But they do tribute to the various Star Trek tropes like "the away mission" episode or "the trial" episode. They do one about a Twitter planet which is fantastic.

Not to give too much away but, here's an example of the at-times farcical tone - they go through an anomaly and immediately -

Helm: WE HAVE HULL BREACHES ON DECKS 8, 23, AND 41. MULTIPLE CASUALTIES. AND ENSIGN JONES SPILLED SOY SAUCE ON HIS PANTS.

You can tell MacFarlane loves Star Trek. It's pretty great. And I love Adrienne Palicki. Always have.[/quotehe had a recurring role on Enterprise.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:05 pm 

You can tell MacFarlane loves Star Trek. It's pretty great. And I love Adrienne Palicki. Always have.

I might have to check it out. She is also a favorite of mine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:14 pm 

I'm watching Voyager. Just started season 7. They transform some Borgs to be allies that the one Klingon Borg takes control of the Borg ship.

Why couldn't they just load the Voyager crew on that Borg ship and trans-warp back to the Alpha Quadrant?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:15 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Dr Pulaski brought a bottle of booze to a breakfast that Riker was preparing. :lol: :lol:

Doc Ken was right, this alcohol issue is a big deal.

Let me invoke her catch-phrase -

"I couldn't disagree more. A discussion for another time."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

She is the worst. I can't wait for Crusher to get back and for the other Crusher to get transferred to a Romulan pleasure house. Get that know it all off my bridge.

Did you ever finish S2?

What were your thoughts on Dr. Pulaski's alcoholism and overt racism?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:28 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Dr Pulaski brought a bottle of booze to a breakfast that Riker was preparing. :lol: :lol:

Doc Ken was right, this alcohol issue is a big deal.

Let me invoke her catch-phrase -

"I couldn't disagree more. A discussion for another time."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

She is the worst. I can't wait for Crusher to get back and for the other Crusher to get transferred to a Romulan pleasure house. Get that know it all off my bridge.

Did you ever finish S2?

What were your thoughts on Dr. Pulaski's alcoholism and overt racism?

I did finish. About halfway thru season 3. Took a bit of a break for a while.

She was so bad. The Data stuff was terrible because Data couldn't realize how shitty she was truly being.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Does your wife know you fancy this many women?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:54 pm 

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Yes.

I think you have to go the extra step, and put up posters of these women.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:07 am 

Back at it again. The episode after the Borg where Picard goes back to France was great. His brother gave some of the best advice of all time. ‘This will stick with you for a long time, you either deal with it under the sea or in the stars.’

I just love that he doesn’t try to console, he just tells the harsh truth but it was exactly what Picard needed. I’m glad they finally had a multi episode story arc.