It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mindhunter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Anyone else watching this show? Its about the early days of criminal profiling.

Its morbid, but fucking great. Interesting, smart characters delivering a barrage of funny and insightful dialogue. Beautiful and haunting visuals. A killer soundtrack. High production value. Historically relevant. [sentence fragments]. Can't wait for the second season, which they spend a good deal of time teasing. Fincher continues to deliver.

Post subject: Re: Mindhunter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Best show ive seen on netflix or amazon..burned through the season one in 2 days.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 pm 

i really want to check this out. funny, when i saw the promo, they don't mention who they're talking to but i'm like..."that's kemper."

i know way too much about serial killers...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I plan on checking this out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
one of the best things ive seen. the opening vignettes are enough to keep you interested. episodes fly by (in the good way). before i knew it, i had burned through 9 of the 10 well into this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Once again read the book it is basedon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:13 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:28 am 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Douchebag wrote:

Ed Kemper wrote:
You gotta make it with that young pussy before it turns into Mom...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Saw the first two episodes last night. It's alright I guess. First episode is a chore to get through. I've heard it gets better.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:38 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
chaspoppcap wrote:
Once again read the book it is basedon.

Shut up.
We get it. Supposedly you can read.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:02 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
The guy who plays Richard Speck is really, really good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Got through six episodes.

It does get better but there's still something off about it, imo. The Bill character in particular feels incomplete. He's a decent enough actor and character, but it's almost like there are missing scenes where it shows why he's not only going along with all of this, but also pushing for it while acting like all he wants is to golf. As written and showed, his character doesn't make much sense.

Also, not a fan of the Sorkin-esque dialogue. It doesn't mesh with a show trying to tell a relatively historically accurate story.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:59 pm 

About half way through. Sick fuck that I am I know who the guy in Kansas is. From the book the two best interviews he had where Speck and good old Dave B. Kemper is not portrayed as in the book,comes off a lo more sympathetic. I mean his mother locked him in the basement to sleep cuze she didn't want him raping his sister. dude was fucked from day one.
I am going to have to reread he books again. Plus delve into the ones by the others in the unit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:02 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
About half way through. Sick fuck that I am I know who the guy in Kansas is. From the book the two best interviews he had where Speck and good old Dave B. Kemper is not portrayed as in the book,comes off a lo more sympathetic. I mean his mother locked him in the basement to sleep cuze she didn't want him raping his sister. dude was fucked from day one.
I am going to have to reread he books again. Plus delve into the ones by the others in the unit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
chaspoppcap wrote:

Nah, you probably don't haveto.....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:14 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:

Edmund Kemper.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
FavreFan wrote:
Got through six episodes.

It does get better but there's still something off about it, imo. The Bill character in particular feels incomplete. He's a decent enough actor and character, but it's almost like there are missing scenes where it shows why he's not only going along with all of this, but also pushing for it while acting like all he wants is to golf. As written and showed, his character doesn't make much sense.

Also, not a fan of the Sorkin-esque dialogue. It doesn't mesh with a show trying to tell a relatively historically accurate story.

Bill is played a little too network TV show cop. He isn’t playing it wrong but they aren’t challenging that character at all he is playing the proper notes they just sound tired and flat.

I enjoy the show overall though. The interviews are great. I can’t rave about the show as some of the character development and interaction is pretty stock but overall well done. I like the Fischer style for this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am 

W_Z wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Edmund Kemper.

I know I do not know how it turned out from Edmund to dave though when I typed it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:24 am 

shirtless driver wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Nah, you probably don't haveto.....

So now you are calling me a serial killer? Interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I finished it. Overall it was good and I look forward to the second season. I don’t get the half assed teasing of the BTK guy. Just let it happen in the second season. I think I didn’t enjoy it as much because I binged it. By the end I wanted to punch Holden and Wendy. Both of them were on my last nerve.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm 

Holden can be excruciating, and I'm only through 3 episodes so far. i'm only watching when i find time.

it's decent, but it's very couched in the "look how clever we are" writing vein. people didn't talk this way in the 70's, much less FBI agents.

here's one thing that i found laughable, that's supposed to be a watershed moment: when the two agents use their newfound psychological angle of getting into a killer's mind, and are able to get it out of the guy who lives with his mom and kills old ladies and dogs. that is so unbelievably contrived, and i have never heard in all my following of true crime that that strategy would ever get a killer to confess, especially when he's not under duress or in an interrogation room.

that weakness is why i don't find this show as incredible as people have made it out to be. it's definitely interesting, but it's not a masterpiece.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:25 pm 

finally finished this last night. the last few episodes are definitely the strongest; and somewhere in the middle, after holden & bill's car accident, the story strengthens between them.

bill's my favorite character but there is definitely a weird disconnect sometimes with his rationale. you'd think after some of holden's tendencies that a guy like him would drop him like a bad habit.

i like the psychology element the best, but the way they used it to nab bad guys is still pretty contrived. however, i loved the moment of revealing the rock to the georgia killer. the look on his face was great, and he really held that moment strongly.

kemper was fantastic. that guy deserves an award for that performance. the scene between him and holden and the hug is terrifying.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:54 pm 

W_Z wrote:
finally finished this last night. the last few episodes are definitely the strongest; and somewhere in the middle, after holden & bill's car accident, the story strengthens between them.

bill's my favorite character but there is definitely a weird disconnect sometimes with his rationale. you'd think after some of holden's tendencies that a guy like him would drop him like a bad habit.

i like the psychology element the best, but the way they used it to nab bad guys is still pretty contrived. however, i loved the moment of revealing the rock to the georgia killer. the look on his face was great, and he really held that moment strongly.

kemper was fantastic. that guy deserves an award for that performance. the scene between him and holden and the hug is terrifying.

Totally agree on the actor that played Kemper. He was fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
W_Z wrote:
Holden can be excruciating, and I'm only through 3 episodes so far. i'm only watching when i find time.

it's decent, but it's very couched in the "look how clever we are" writing vein. people didn't talk this way in the 70's, much less FBI agents.

here's one thing that i found laughable, that's supposed to be a watershed moment: when the two agents use their newfound psychological angle of getting into a killer's mind, and are able to get it out of the guy who lives with his mom and kills old ladies and dogs. that is so unbelievably contrived, and i have never heard in all my following of true crime that that strategy would ever get a killer to confess, especially when he's not under duress or in an interrogation room.

that weakness is why i don't find this show as incredible as people have made it out to be. it's definitely interesting, but it's not a masterpiece.
I assume you realize this is based upon a true story.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Hank Scorpio wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Totally agree on the actor that played Kemper. He was fantastic.
looked like him too...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:56 pm 

watched the first 2 episodes of this today. Enjoyed it, but that first episode did drag a lot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:
watched the first 2 episodes of this today. Enjoyed it, but that first episode did drag a lot.

Yeah. You have to push thru that first episode.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
W_Z wrote:

The cases are fictionalization, including some of the names. The interviews are the most real part since they were basset off the actual interviews.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:56 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
W_Z wrote:

The cases are fictionalization, including some of the names. The interviews are the most real part since they were basset off the actual interviews.

Not really. Most of the shit is true to fact. Just look up Kemper.