It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mindhunter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
New trailer.

Looks very tense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PHlJQCyqiaI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:15 am 

season 2 has dropped. i can't wait to get started on it. some of these actors look exactly like their real life counterparts. especially the berkowitz guy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
a few episodes in. different pacing - more going on with more people - and its taken me a minute to get the timeline all square with how they presented ADT Man
(aka ***) in season one and now.

still enjoying the hell out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
W_Z wrote:
season 2 has dropped. i can't wait to get started on it. some of these actors look exactly like their real life counterparts. especially the berkowitz guy.

Here is a hint,Berky din't do them alone.
Read this and you will have sleepless nights I guarantee. Make sure you get the last edition
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/428810.The_Ultimate_Evil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Ford: I see. It all comes back around.

Hance: Like a doughnut.

Ford: Just like a doughnut.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:16 am 

JUst finished season 2 last night. Liked the broadening of the focus on the character, not all about Ford. I will say this. The women in the show do not come across well. Not one as a strong person except the Atlanta women and even they are shown to be faulty.
They short changed the two biggest interviews from the book. Son of Sam and Manson. If you read the book,SoS as hinted in the show didn't give a lot of new information. He confirmed a lot especially in relation to the holy trinity of serial killer behavior as children. Bed wetting,credulity to animals and fire starting.They also left out the main reason why SoS was pissed at his birth mother,she had a kid after him and kept her. I also did not like how the season ended with no resolution to the Atlanta shit,If they show how the FBI worked Williams in the courtroom it is going to be a fun watch.I really think Hazeleton or Dr Buress are very happy wit the way they are being portrayed in this vs Douglas. Everyone who is into this stuff know Douglas is smug glory hound but this is kinda fucked up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I just finished this. The guy who plays Wayne Williams is just incredible. Looks like him, and pulls off being creepy/vulnerable. He helps to give you this uneasy feeling that he's not the guy, or at least not the guy who did all of the murders.

When you look at the evidence it does feel circumstantial, but the murders did stop after he was locked up.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Watched a couple eps of this with my wife and now she is convinced that I'm a serial killer. Or more likely, a former serial killer. She acknowledges that I'm way too lazy these days to put in that kind of work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:39 am 

Also, I'm 6-7 eps in. They just went to some place a hoax called in and said there'd be bodies. Tons of press showed up and I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of Wayne Williams in the crowd. He was holding a camera.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I found the Manson stuff more interesting. There is some corroboration on Manson's POV. Something like Sebring owed Tex a bunch of money on some acid that wasn't any good. And that Tex Watson was no shrinking violet. He was at the ranch to fuck and get high and Charlie was not one bit of an influence on him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:30 am 

shakes wrote:
Also, I'm 6-7 eps in. They just went to some place a hoax called in and said there'd be bodies. Tons of press showed up and I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of Wayne Williams in the crowd. He was holding a camera.

You are correct. Holden makes an offhand comment in a later episode that continues to make me think hes a goddamn genius.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:15 pm 

Nardi wrote:
I found the Manson stuff more interesting. There is some corroboration on Manson's POV. Something like Sebring owed Tex a bunch of money on some acid that wasn't any good. And that Tex Watson was no shrinking violet. He was at the ranch to fuck and get high and Charlie was not one bit of an influence on him.

From everything I read the Tate murders ,Manson sent them to that house because he thought Terry Melcher still lived there. Melcher is the guy who shot down Manson's dreams of being a Rock star. The Tate murders arn't even the first ones they did . They killed the manager of the ranch and another guy who owed them money. That is the one where it seemed Tex was trying to take control of the group from Charlie. So Manson sensed he needed to assert himself so he went off with the whole Helter Skelter shit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
chaspoppcap wrote:
Nardi wrote:

From everything I read the Tate murders ,Manson sent them to that house because he thought Terry Melcher still lived there. Melcher is the guy who shot down Manson's dreams of being a Rock star. The Tate murders arn't even the first ones they did . They killed the manager of the ranch and another guy who owed them money. That is the one where it seemed Tex was trying to take control of the group from Charlie. So Manson sensed he needed to assert himself so he went off with the whole Helter Skelter shit.

Manson says there was no problem with Melcher until after the raid on Spahn Ranch(after the murders but before The Family was suspected). They suspected Charlie of rape and stealing a volkswagen. The search warrant was for general criminal activities, possession of firearms, and possession of stolen property. The raid was Aug 16. Obviously, Melcher says otherwise. The theory being once Manson was charged in December, that Melcher and Dennis Wilson tried to distance themselves by way of claiming they thought Manson sucked at music and cut him off way before the murders.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:42 pm 

i actually wish this season could have been longer. i loved how it all unraveled. there was a great parallel between holden's personal life in the 1st season and wendy's in this season. and yet wendy holds him in such contempt.

bill rightly does, as holden just seems to have so immersed himself in his work that he can't see anything else. especially the delicacies of working a deep south town like atlanta and immediately insisting "we're looking for a black male". there are some great scenes with the politics, and the mourning mothers who think the FBI is just working against them. it makes sense, even though the suspect they get is most likely the one who did them (although maybe not all of them).

this season adds a lot of breadth with the brian subplot. he almost mirrors jeffrey dahmer's childhood regression into being almost mute, and brooding at a young age. it's clear that bill has a personal bias when it comes to the cases he's involved with, seeing things from a different perspective now that he is raising a potential psychopath (or so it is hinted at).

the BTK background stuff is still passable; it illustrates how these guys slip through the cracks, go undetected because of their averageness. even the main suspect of the atlanta killings is regarded as just a weird guy. nothing really out of the ordinary.

the manson scene was great. showing his manipulation by manson telling a story about helter skelter being foreign to him, meanwhile lying to the guards about "stealing" holden's sunglasses when clearly holden willingly gave them to him at his request.

manson was napoleon. he was a small stature guy with a big persona. he used his big mouth to draw people in. he was a total fraud but he could use the power of his voice to deceive.

wendy's story could have used a little more time, but that's just because i got so into the characters this season. i really would've liked to see what agent barney's personal life was like. i really liked his character, and his relationship with holden just got more and more strained.

this deserves another season, and i hope fincher gets his 5. this would benefit with more seasons at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:10 pm 

Just started tonight with the first three of S1. Very, very good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
This season, while interesting, has one thing that bothers me. They only catch the guy because of smart policing and not because of some insight they have gained from meeting all these killers. The season basically showed that they don’t know shit about anything. Not really outsmarting the psychopaths.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:35 am 

they successfully profiled him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:48 am 

W_Z wrote:
they successfully profiled him.

A black man. Brilliant incite. Really narrowed the field. The profile didn’t catch him. Monitoring bridges for people dumping bodies caught him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:53 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Season 2 was a mixed bag for me. While I really enjoyed the nuanced treatment of the Atlanta serial killer investigation, I felt like it wasn't given enough time within the overall narrative arc. Too many scenes were given to Tench's uninteresting domestic problems and Wendy's boring relationship problems. The writing for this show desperately needs better editing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:15 pm 

Holy shit, BC...there’s just no talking to you at all. Whatever you say.

Completely disagree with TM too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:28 pm 

W_Z wrote:

I still enjoyed it. And I’m sure my problem is wanting more fiction than reality when it comes to these crimes because I want the main characters to outsmart the serial killer by knowing more than them. But this show wants to be Silence of the Lambs but just isn’t delivering on that level.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:55 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Season 2 was a mixed bag for me. While I really enjoyed the nuanced treatment of the Atlanta serial killer investigation, I felt like it wasn't given enough time within the overall narrative arc. Too many scenes were given to Tench's uninteresting domestic problems and Wendy's boring relationship problems. The writing for this show desperately needs better editing.

TM, you gotta learn how to self-edit TV shows. After the very first scene with the chick and the bartender chick I could read the writing on the wall and I fast forwarded through every scene they were in for the rest of the series. I should've done the same thing with Tench's homelife scenes as well.

I self-edit a lot of shows these days what with hollywood trying to shove it's liberal political agenda into every TV show nowadays.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I still enjoyed it. And I’m sure my problem is wanting more fiction than reality when it comes to these crimes because I want the main characters to outsmart the serial killer by knowing more than them. But this show wants to be Silence of the Lambs but just isn’t delivering on that level.

there was more fiction in the first season since this season dealt with a tricky, very national news story. and still had to somewhat fictionalize it because the show has fabricated characters. i thought the balance was extremely well done.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Love the music in this; really adds tension to a scene. Crazy how Wayne Williams just pops up as a "photographer" at the dump site.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:40 am 

netflix tweeted something the other day about a big announcement regarding David Fincher. Hope its about season 3 finally getting made. supposed to confirm what it is today

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:13 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I miss it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:25 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

I wrote an episode, a premiere for S3. Partly for an entry into a Warner Bros. Fellowship but mostly because I missed the show so much and wanted to revisit it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I doubt he returns to Mindhunter. I think it's something else.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next