It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a12775940/oz-hbo-cast-interview-2017/

Quote:
JK Simmons: I get home one day and there’s a message on my answering machine: “Hey J.K., its Tom. Had a question about something I’m thinking about writing for your character and I just want to talk about it before we go ahead with it.” I’m thinking to myself, This guy has had me beat the crap out of people, raping them, he’s had me crucify a guy—what in the hell is he thinking about having me do that suddenly now he feels the need to get my approval for? What twisted act of mayhem is in store?? I call him back and he says, “Would you be willing to sing?”

Lee Tergesen: The show gave you a chance to look at people that you initially didn’t think you had anything in common with. But once you understand their story, you start to see the similarities and that’s what was great about it and I think what needs to be happening more now.

I was in a church up in Harlem and there was an eight- or nine-year-old boy next to me, and he’s like, “Are you Beecher?” I say, “Yeah.” He goes, “I told my mom that it was you but she didn’t believe me.” I turn to the mother and say, “Isn’t he too young to watch this show?” And she said, “No. He has got to know that there is a horror show out there. That it’s not cool to go to jail.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 am 

MajorKong wrote:
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a12775940/oz-hbo-cast-interview-2017/

Quote:
JK Simmons: I get home one day and there’s a message on my answering machine: “Hey J.K., its Tom. Had a question about something I’m thinking about writing for your character and I just want to talk about it before we go ahead with it.” I’m thinking to myself, This guy has had me beat the crap out of people, raping them, he’s had me crucify a guy—what in the hell is he thinking about having me do that suddenly now he feels the need to get my approval for? What twisted act of mayhem is in store?? I call him back and he says, “Would you be willing to sing?”

Lee Tergesen: The show gave you a chance to look at people that you initially didn’t think you had anything in common with. But once you understand their story, you start to see the similarities and that’s what was great about it and I think what needs to be happening more now.

I was in a church up in Harlem and there was an eight- or nine-year-old boy next to me, and he’s like, “Are you Beecher?” I say, “Yeah.” He goes, “I told my mom that it was you but she didn’t believe me.” I turn to the mother and say, “Isn’t he too young to watch this show?” And she said, “No. He has got to know that there is a horror show out there. That it’s not cool to go to jail.

That's awesome.

Good Show. J.K. Simmons was great.