It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:53 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Great movie. Good flick to see w/ the family this Thanksgiving. Too bad Jim Caviezel career has gone downhill. Maybe he didnt want to suck some producers cock in Hollywood or rape some women. But great flick.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Blame the Jews running Hollywood. After he played Jesus Christ he was dead to them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:37 am 

He has a slow moving, ponderous speech pattern that limits his roles.

I love this movie as well.

Luis Guzman has carved out a nice career for himself in Hollywood despite being one its least handsome men and having a marble mouthed delivery. He is perfect in this role.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:04 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I also love this movie. Shawshanks me every time.

Caviezel was great on Person of Interest. Perfect show for him and a great show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Person of Interest is a show I didn't watch while it was on, but it draws me in now whenever I cross a channel with it on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
wife and i took a break 4 seasons into person of interest. we love it. we are almost done with the Office and will pick it back up.

this movie is one of my favorites. my wife and i were just talking about how we want to show it to the kids.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
The toast scene is one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Great book but never saw the movie, might have to check it out based on a few reviews here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:02 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Great book but never saw the movie, might have to check it out based on a few reviews here.

I think reading the book would allow you to enjoy the movie more on first viewing. My wife had a hard time figuring out the conspiracy, as did I. I think that is the weakest part of the movie. gd is right, though, that Luis Guzman is great in the movie.

Also some excellent visuals like when he emerges from the balloon at the party.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I liked him as the Christ-y football coach in When The Game Stands Tall.

Speaking of the Christian sports genre of film, these two Christ-y goofs I worked with drove all the way to Ohio because that was the closest place they could see Facing The Giants. They talked about this crappy movie non-stop for a couple weeks. The drinky sales crew and I laughed our asses off about it every night at the bar for awhile.

Listen to this plot:

In 2003, Grant Taylor (Alex Kendrick) is the head coach at Shiloh Christian Academy, and has yet to post a winning record in his six-year tenure. After his seventh season begins with a three-game losing streak, the players' fathers start making noises about replacing him with defensive coordinator Brady Owens. This is not the only problem Grant is facing; his car is breaking down, and he discovers that he is the reason that his wife Brooke cannot become pregnant.

He creates a new coaching philosophy and decides to praise God, no matter what the result. At the same time he guides and urges each one of his players to give the maximum effort, and motivates them to believe they can win under God's guidance. This influence spreads to the rest of the school. From that point on, the Eagles win all their remaining regular season games after losing the first three and make the state playoffs. As a result, Grant is given a raise in salary rather than being fired and is also provided with a brand-new truck from grateful boosters. The Eagles lose their playoff opener, but are declared the winner after the opponent used ineligible players. The Eagles then advance all the way to the state championship game against the three-time defending champion Richland Giants. Even though the Eagles have only a third as many players as the Giants, the Eagles hold their own and ultimately win the game on a 51-yard field goal from a backup kicker who had never kicked more than a 35-yarder before. Grant's prayers for children are also answered as he and Brooke have children after two years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:37 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Speaking of the Christian sports genre of film, these two Christ-y goofs I worked with drove all the way to Ohio because that was the closest place they could see Facing The Giants. They talked about this crappy movie non-stop for a couple weeks. The drinky sales crew and I laughed our asses off about it every night at the bar for awhile.

Listen to this plot:

In 2003, Grant Taylor (Alex Kendrick) is the head coach at Shiloh Christian Academy, and has yet to post a winning record in his six-year tenure. After his seventh season begins with a three-game losing streak, the players' fathers start making noises about replacing him with defensive coordinator Brady Owens. This is not the only problem Grant is facing; his car is breaking down, and he discovers that he is the reason that his wife Brooke cannot become pregnant.

He creates a new coaching philosophy and decides to praise God, no matter what the result. At the same time he guides and urges each one of his players to give the maximum effort, and motivates them to believe they can win under God's guidance. This influence spreads to the rest of the school. From that point on, the Eagles win all their remaining regular season games after losing the first three and make the state playoffs. As a result, Grant is given a raise in salary rather than being fired and is also provided with a brand-new truck from grateful boosters. The Eagles lose their playoff opener, but are declared the winner after the opponent used ineligible players. The Eagles then advance all the way to the state championship game against the three-time defending champion Richland Giants. Even though the Eagles have only a third as many players as the Giants, the Eagles hold their own and ultimately win the game on a 51-yard field goal from a backup kicker who had never kicked more than a 35-yarder before. Grant's prayers for children are also answered as he and Brooke have children after two years.

Was the post-game meal 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Listen to this plot:

What the ever loving fuck?!?!?

I'm surprised Kirk Cameron isn't prominently involved.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Listen to this plot:

In the sequel Facing the Giants II: Electric Boogaloo, we find out Brooke fucked the Richland coach and the child is not his. He raises him anyway much like Joseph did and learns the true meaning of sacrifice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Listen to this plot:

In the sequel Facing the Giants II: Electric Boogaloo, we find out Brooke fucked the Richland coach and the child is not his. He raises him anyway much like Joseph did and learns the true meaning of sacrifice.

:lol:

Facing The Giants is pretty obscure. I don't know a single actor in it. One of the guys gave me the video and I watched it. It's even more ridiculous than it sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUKoKQlEC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTaHhL7X3SM

There was a lot of tension in the company we were running. These two guys were brothers in Christ and then there was my current business partner and me along with two hard drinking sales guys and the credit manager. Needless to say, the latter group found the idea of driving to Columbus to see this movie beyond absurd.

Here's one more funny story. One of the Jesus Boys used to wear a giant wooden cross on a chain around his neck. This thing was so big it was hard to believe. The first time I saw it I started laughing out loud and I asked the guy if it was the actual true cross.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
along with two hard drinking sales guys .

Is there another kind??? If you haven't stayed out til 3am and went on a 9am sales call...are you even a salesman?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:36 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Is there another kind??? If you haven't stayed out til 3am and went on a 9am sales call...are you even a salesman?

have you made your decision for CHRIST?!?!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:20 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
He has a slow moving, ponderous speech pattern that limits his roles.

What's wrong w/ that? Gary Cooper made a living off that bit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

W_Z wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What's the problem, pal?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What's the problem, pal?

Alan Arkin wrote:
#MeToo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Heywood: The Count of Monte Crisco...
Floyd: That's "Cristo" you dumb shit.
Heywood: ...by Alexandree Dumb-ass. Dumb-ass.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm 

The Count of Monte Fisto was definitely his best moniker

There is no way Stallone thought that one up when he was writing the script.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:16 pm 

It's running on HBO now. On Demand free. Great holiday flick.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I love monte cristos, battered not French toasted like. I did not name my son Monte or Cristo but I should have.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:21 pm 

Great movie. Never realized the kid was Superman until a few months ago.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:26 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I love monte cristos, battered not French toasted like. I did not name my son Monte or Cristo but I should have.

but you did name him Jacopo didnt you :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
No, it's Club.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
No, it's Club.

I remember the days when mothers would name their sons Fred.

I guess it's a generational thing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Listen to this plot:

:lol:

Facing The Giants is pretty obscure. I don't know a single actor in it. One of the guys gave me the video and I watched it. It's even more ridiculous than it sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUKoKQlEC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTaHhL7X3SM

There was a lot of tension in the company we were running. These two guys were brothers in Christ and then there was my current business partner and me along with two hard drinking sales guys and the credit manager. Needless to say, the latter group found the idea of driving to Columbus to see this movie beyond absurd.

Here's one more funny story. One of the Jesus Boys used to wear a giant wooden cross on a chain around his neck. This thing was so big it was hard to believe. The first time I saw it I started laughing out loud and I asked the guy if it was the actual true cross.

There are some decent Christian films out there. Check out Courageous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Lol I took my wife to the movies to see this when we were dating.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
I watched him in a recent movie about the Disciple Paul. He played the apostle Luke in the movie. Pretty good movie about the life of the disciples under the wrath of the Emperor Nero.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip