It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 am 

I would only recommend this to fans of the series. And even then, you really gotta pay attention here. Rowling is a novelist at heart and it really comes through in this sequel, which packs a lot of exposition in its 3rd act. she seemed to have a much better hold on the first FB film; but here, she struggles a bit more with the narrative.

a lot of people will be scratching their heads when this is over; but if you are following along, the revelations are pretty intriguing. this is basically the "empire strikes back" of this trilogy...which is obvious because this will either be a trilogy or one of those "4 movie trilogies". so this is the hammock or swing film, in which things are somewhat left unresolved...but the revelations revealed are given so it's not a total waste of time.

depp is great as grindelwald, and jude law is excellent as dumbledore. overall, much like the first movie, it's a caper. and a bit of film noir. it's also pretty cool to see the wizarding world in the 20's.

it's worth the time if you are familiar to harry potter and fantastic beasts. if not, then i'd steer clear.

:D :D :D out of :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Thanks WZ. Definitely was interested in how Depp played Grindelwald. Your review confirmed my interest in seeing the movie.