It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
This one kind of slipped by my radar and found that the first two of three episodes on demand. Stars Kit Harrington from Game of
Thrones and is essentially based on the Gunpowder Plot in London in 1605. I know next to nothing about this time period but
after the first episode it appears that after the death of the Queen in England a new ruler from Scotland takes over who is Protestant
rather than Catholic so there is a lot of persecution of Catholics and Jesuits. Anyway the series is about the attempted assassination
of this new ruler. After the first episode I thought it was pretty good, but I am a sucker for these historical period pieces. Being only
three episodes long, I am not sure how they are going to tell a great story but I have said in the past that HBO should do more of these
mini-series or stories that are just one season so we shall see how it plays out. Anyone else watching?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
T-Bone wrote:
This one kind of slipped by my radar and found that the first two of three episodes on demand. Stars Kit Harrington from Game of
Thrones and is essentially based on the Gunpowder Plot in London in 1605. I know next to nothing about this time period but
after the first episode it appears that after the death of the Queen in England a new ruler from Scotland takes over who is Protestant
rather than Catholic so there is a lot of persecution of Catholics and Jesuits. Anyway the series is about the attempted assassination
of this new ruler. After the first episode I thought it was pretty good, but I am a sucker for these historical period pieces. Being only
three episodes long, I am not sure how they are going to tell a great story but I have said in the past that HBO should do more of these
mini-series or stories that are just one season so we shall see how it plays out. Anyone else watching?

Board outing next year on 11/5 to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day...what should we try to blow up?

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 am 

I'm not entirely cool with old lady full frontal nudity. Also, Liv Tyler, put the fork down.

I haven't been able to watch an entire episode yet but it looks pretty good. Graphic, especially in the drawn and quartering scenes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Interested to see how finish it up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I'm not entirely cool with old lady full frontal nudity. Also, Liv Tyler, put the fork down.

I haven't been able to watch an entire episode yet but it looks pretty good. Graphic, especially in the drawn and quartering scenes.

Yeah, they weren't afraid to be accurate with how the old lady goes in the first episode. There aren't really any extreme close ups so
I think it was ok. Honestly can't say I had seen the brand of torture that did her in before. Not a bad idea.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Just finished a book on the Stuart monarchy. Going to give this a try.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:24 pm 

Finished it up today. It was just ok. I really didn't care about the characters, although I did
Find the story pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
T-Bone wrote:
Finished it up today. It was just ok. I really didn't care about the characters, although I did
Find the story pretty interesting.

The real story is interesting if you’re into British history and the perpetual battle between the Pope and protestant religions. It is still so funny how England had rulers that came from other countries, Scotland in this case.