It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Anyone going to check this out? I remember this happening back in 1997 and the manhunt that ensued. I really enjoyed the hell out of the
O.J. Simpson series, this one I'm not so sure about. Nine episodes is a pretty big time commitment, just interested if anyone else was going
to take the plunge. Starts tomorrow night on FX.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Lee Miglin died a pretty horrible death from that asshole .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
Lee Miglin died a pretty horrible death from that asshole .

I've argued about this before, Imo..Miglin was gay had at least one encounter with AC before his murder..what say u?

Several people say Miglin wasn't gay and AC happened to pick his Goldcoast pad to burglarize.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm 

it's kind of funny to me that Darren Criss is playing Cunanan.

I've got to get back to Hogwarts! So i can be on 'American Crime Story'. I've got to get back to Hogwarts. So i can kill Versace.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Zero interest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest

Yeah. Hard to believe that long ago. Also hard to believe someone felt it needed to be mane.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
pittmike wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest

Yeah. Hard to believe that long ago. Also hard to believe someone felt it needed to be mane.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Peoria Matt wrote:
pittmike wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest

Things definitely got hairy for Cunnane.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
badrogue17 wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
pittmike wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest

Things definitely got hairy for Cunnane.

Very nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:35 am 

I set this up to record and will probably give it a few episodes. Getting decent reviews but by the sounds of it, things don't
really heat up with the AC storyline until the last 3 episodes. I am not going to invest 5-6 hours to get to the meat of the
story. If I don't like it early on the plug will be pulled.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
should've been JonBenet Ramsey case and have all the fingers point directly at her brother. little shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:32 am 

i'm not quite sure what the point of the show is yet, but it's hard to know much about cunanan. he was a pathological liar and that showed pretty early. yet, i don't think he really knew versace before killing him. there was never a clear motive, though it looks like the show may play up the rumor that cunanan was HIV positive and that's why he went on the rampage and killed himself. that was never confirmed, and even refuted by evidence that his autopsy revealed...that he wasn't HIV positive.

it was very well shot, and the acting was good. cruz sounds like she's got something stuck in her mouth, but i wonder if that's how his sister sounds in real life.

it's very flashy and expensive. i just don't get what the purpose of the story is yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest

Me either. And it's strange because I generally love true crime and this one has a Chicago connection. I guess I know the story pretty well and I'm not really interested in any of the characters.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:40 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
should've been JonBenet Ramsey case and have all the fingers point directly at her brother. little shit.

Definitely more interesting as far as I'm concerned. Do you think the brother killed her and the parents covered? It seems to me that the parents know much more than they've ever said.

How about the new Scott Peterson? There seems to be some compelling stuff that suggests maybe he didn't really do it. But you never really know how the creator of these shows is trying to spin it. The thing about Peterson is, he's a guy who seems guilty. Like even if he didn't kill his wife you wouldn't care if he was in jail because he comes off like an asshole.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:50 am 

hey, Lifetime already covered JonBenet. if you don't like it, tough!

as for Peterson, i've watched all the new stuff on it and it is a very strange coincidence that the death of his wife mirrored the death of another pregnant woman who was used as a "sacrifice". it could be reasoned that the police investigation targeted peterson because it's always easy to go after the husband/boyfriend in a case like this. my biggest question mark on him is, why did he run, and why did he change his appearance? if he had nothing to hide, then he shouldn't have been afraid. even if he was trying to duck out of the limelight because of all the sensation on the case, what they found in his car sealed the deal when they caught him.

part of me thinks he's just a piece of shit, but not a killer. but then a part of me thinks some of this stuff is coming out because some people want to be relevant in a story that's over a decade old.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

Definitely more interesting as far as I'm concerned. Do you think the brother killed her and the parents covered? It seems to me that the parents know much more than they've ever said.

How about the new Scott Peterson? There seems to be some compelling stuff that suggests maybe he didn't really do it. But you never really know how the creator of these shows is trying to spin it. The thing about Peterson is, he's a guy who seems guilty. Like even if he didn't kill his wife you wouldn't care if he was in jail because he comes off like an asshole.

I do think the brother was involved. most likely an accidental kill. the pineapple in her stomach leads me to the suggested theory that the kids woke up in the early am, had a snack of pineapple and maybe being too loud or pissed him off trying to snag some fruit, he hits her in the head with the mag-lite. parents freak. "we're rich, it was kidnappers" is conceived. would explain how they were acting strange during the morning investigation. they knew what had happened, but had to wait for the time to be right to spring it on themselves.

of everything, its the most logical.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:55 pm 

I binged watched the first few episodes this weekend and got caught up. I think the guy played Cunnanan has been incredible so far. Very creepy, and the way the story has been told so far has kept my interest. I'm definitely in for the rest of the series.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:35 am 

Douchebag wrote:
I binged watched the first few episodes this weekend and got caught up. I think the guy played Cunnanan has been incredible so far. Very creepy, and the way the story has been told so far has kept my interest. I'm definitely in for the rest of the series.

Still haven't started this but sitting on my DVR. Was going to start Peaky Blinders but maybe I should jump into this....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 am 

darren criss has been outstanding as cunanan. still, through 3 or 4 episodes, i keep wondering what the point of this series is. seems rather indulgent at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:57 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Caught up to this and it's been ok. Some parts are great and some really suck.

Interesting about the old gay men and their young partners. I guess this is something in that community?

Way back in the ancient days I had a manager who had a young partner down in costa rica. The kid would rob this guy dry. I wanted to say something but it was not acceptable back then. I only got to know about his secret life because I had to run some of his outside of work errands where he couldn't completely hide it.

The kid eventually made up a lame excuse that he couldn't get back in the country. The guy even made a house for the kids family down there. I think eventually he moved down there but not sure what happened.

The last episode that aired of this series reminded me of my former manager. I guess it's a thing to have that type of pairing, old rich gay man + 20something young gay stud. Both using each other.

I don't know if that still goes on today. Does it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
"Assassinated." Reminds me of what Chris Rock said about Tupac and Biggie being "assassinated."