It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Westerns
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:43 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
totally lost. was this podcast a podcast for this board? is it still going on? where can i listen for free or is it paid now?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
HawaiiYou wrote:
totally lost. was this podcast a podcast for this board? is it still going on? where can i listen for free or is it paid now?

Here ya go. Enjoy!!!

https://chicagofanatics.libsyn.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Since you asked. I don't like to talk too much about it since I quit on it and feel bad. But it was really fun and I'd like to do it again.

Chus and I knew each other. Those were just like sitting around and shooting the shit.

W_Z and I had very similar interests. We could talk about stuff that we both knew about for hours but probably got more niche and nerdy for general public.

JLN is the only person that ever did the podcast who I had never met. He sent me a link on some stuff he'd done before and it sounded amazing. Too amazing. Like, you're too good to do this. But he came and it was fun and I think it sounded great. I know JLN is controversial. He did some things after that I did not agree with. But, I appreciate that he did the podcast. It was a very good podcast. I don't have to agree with everything after that but I, personally, have no problem with him. People can have different views.

Sadly it ended before a “Down on the Farm” episode.

Yeah . . . you guys should do that, seriously.

Could do a short modified “noon show” segment rotating people in with ag backgrounds to answer questions from the forum.. sure they’ll all start “Tommy from Chicago was wondering..” followed by some Hemingway esque semi homoerotic question or remark about the pastoral history of Illinois but.. well.. it’s something.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:21 am 

With this being in the western section (god what a wander) I’ll bring it back with he’d probably throw in a Trampas and The Virginian reference. Maybe talk about some of the guest stars being dishes.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:31 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Since you asked. I don't like to talk too much about it since I quit on it and feel bad. But it was really fun and I'd like to do it again.

Chus and I knew each other. Those were just like sitting around and shooting the shit.

W_Z and I had very similar interests. We could talk about stuff that we both knew about for hours but probably got more niche and nerdy for general public.

JLN is the only person that ever did the podcast who I had never met. He sent me a link on some stuff he'd done before and it sounded amazing. Too amazing. Like, you're too good to do this. But he came and it was fun and I think it sounded great. I know JLN is controversial. He did some things after that I did not agree with. But, I appreciate that he did the podcast. It was a very good podcast. I don't have to agree with everything after that but I, personally, have no problem with him. People can have different views.

Could do a short modified “noon show” segment rotating people in with ag backgrounds to answer questions from the forum.. sure they’ll all start “Tommy from Chicago was wondering..” followed by some Hemingway esque semi homoerotic question or remark about the pastoral history of Illinois but.. well.. it’s something.

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
With this being in the western section (god what a wander) I’ll bring it back with he’d probably throw in a Trampas and The Virginian reference. Maybe talk about some of the guest stars being dishes.

It feels good to be understood.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:53 pm 

tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Drunk Squirrel wrote:

It feels good to be understood.

Careful.. or I’ll send you a dickcissel picture.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
https://www.earwolf.com/show/bonanas-for-bonanza/

Here you go. Andy Daly is a comic genius.

If you haven’t watched Review, leave immediately and go watch it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:58 am 

Perhaps to get your mind off all of the problems our glorious nation faces, you might want to tune into the INSP channel tonight at 9 pm to see an episode of The Virginian starring Robert Redford.

Wait, what?! The Robert Redford? The Virginian was able to get him as a guest star? What is the nature of this show that Robert Redford is only a guest star? Jiminy crickets!

I know what's going on in your mind right now, ha ha. But it's true. You will also be privy to some comments from the cast (though these comments are far too brief).

It's actually one of my favorite episodes, but INSP speeds up the action to fit in more commercials, so it might look a little silly at time. I am only watching for the too-brief interviews; I, of course, own the series on DVD, which They say will go up in value, like those OJ Simpson Trial commemorative zinc coins I bought a few years back.

This is win-win for everyone. For Spaulding and the Cub fans, you have a young Robert Redford to drool ovah. For my Black brothers, you can pause your looting for ninety minutes and watch how your White brothers wrestled with the age-old problem of nature vs. nurture. For those raised in orphanages, this episode is for you-plural-informal. For my Latino and Miscellaneous brothers, think of this as Duo Lingo with a good story.

My Trans brothers will have to let me know what they got out of watching this episode, and then I'll come back and edit it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:04 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing

Andy Daly (Dalton Wilcox) is a comic genius.

Matt Gourley (Mutt Taylor) is also a great improv comedian.

They give an episode by episode review for Bonanza. I enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:54 pm 

So wait...they just kind of talk through episodes of Bonanza?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:06 am 

tommy wrote:

So wait...they just kind of talk through episodes of Bonanza?

Yes, but "Dalton Wilcox" is a poet of the West as well as Vampire and monster killer and Bonanza lover.

It's a bit off the wall. I think it's funny. It's a character Daly spun out of the Comedy Bang Bang podcast - which is also great.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:44 am 

tommy wrote:
Perhaps to get your mind off all of the problems our glorious nation faces, you might want to tune into the INSP channel tonight at 9 pm to see an episode of The Virginian starring Robert Redford.

Wait, what?! The Robert Redford? The Virginian was able to get him as a guest star? What is the nature of this show that Robert Redford is only a guest star? Jiminy crickets!

I know what's going on in your mind right now, ha ha. But it's true. You will also be privy to some comments from the cast (though these comments are far too brief).

It's actually one of my favorite episodes, but INSP speeds up the action to fit in more commercials, so it might look a little silly at time. I am only watching for the too-brief interviews; I, of course, own the series on DVD, which They say will go up in value, like those OJ Simpson Trial commemorative zinc coins I bought a few years back.

This is win-win for everyone. For Spaulding and the Cub fans, you have a young Robert Redford to drool ovah. For my Black brothers, you can pause your looting for ninety minutes and watch how your White brothers wrestled with the age-old problem of nature vs. nurture. For those raised in orphanages, this episode is for you-plural-informal. For my Latino and Miscellaneous brothers, think of this as Duo Lingo with a good story.

My Trans brothers will have to let me know what they got out of watching this episode, and then I'll come back and edit it.

Let me know when the Ricardo Montalban episode is on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:16 pm 

Watching The Shootist.

Not my favorite western, probably top 5.

But it’s damn rewatchable.

“Well, pardon me all to hell...”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
tommy wrote:

Redford was better and younger on Perry Mason. The list of “pre-stars” on that show would fill a block of sidewalk footprints in front of Graumans’s.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:53 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
tommy wrote:

Redford was better and younger on Perry Mason. The list of “pre-stars” on that show would fill a block of sidewalk footprints in front of Graumans’s.

Zippy! What's goin' on, bro? Good to see you chiming in.

Now shut your damn yap!

"Is that a threat?"--Zippy
"oh hell yeah"--tommy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:01 pm 

Jimmy Stewart as Doc Hostetler is the best.

He describes to Wayne twice how he’s going to die in horrifying fashion and then tells him he should kill himself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
MAAARRY!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:10 pm 

MAAARRY!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:16 pm 

Spaulding weirding on one of my threads again

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:17 pm 

or making it good.
What other thread did I do this to?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos

He describes to Wayne twice how he’s going to die in horrifying fashion and then tells him he should kill himself.

Stewart and Wayne had a great chemistry together. I loved the two in the Man Who Shot Liberty Valance along with Lee Marvin. That was a greatly under-rated Western.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:33 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

Stewart and Wayne had a great chemistry together. I loved the two in the Man Who Shot Liberty Valance along with Lee Marvin. That was a greatly under-rated Western.

Best western of all time. OF ALL TIME.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:38 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

Excellent film, and like most good Westerns, it has that subtle "things are ending" theme.

John Wayne was amazing in that movie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:39 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
or making it good.
What other thread did I do this to?

Hold on, hold on. I need time to think of a lie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:41 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

Mine is High Noon but Liberty Valance is right up on my list also.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 pm 

Is butch cassidy and the sundance kid a western

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:46 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

Its a slightly different genre I think. Same think with Dancing with Wolves.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Happy 60th birthday to that icon of tv westerns, The Virginian.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: sorentos
just watched butch cassidy was good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:44 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Spaulding wrote:

I would say it's not. Butch and Sundance are arguably bad guys. A real Western doesn't have any moral ambiguity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next