It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Best movie of 2017, zero doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Based on your recommendation watched it last night. Was right with you until the end. Without spoiling...what was up with that??

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Figure I'll check it out this week as it looked great when I saw trailers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Saw this yesterday and it was very good. McDomand plays a real bad ass. The ending was a little strange but I was actually happy that
Rockwell's character redeemed himself. He was so unlikeable for the first 75% of the movie.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I saw this a few weeks ago and really liked it. I haven't seen a lot of movies but this didn't feel like a best picture movie. The last 20 mins or so of the movie could have been different.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I watched this over the weekend. Everything was so hyperbolic and on the nose it grew tiresome about 20 minutes in and I felt like I was watching a Hallmark Channel movie with lots of swearing thrown in to make it "dark."

Given everything I had heard about this movie, particularly the performances of Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell, neither of which I thought were noteworthy, let alone Oscar-worthy, I was very disappointed.

I enjoy dark comedies, and even without the hype I still did not think this was a good movie.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
is that Katie Nolan shaking a ketchup bottle over her ass?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
shirtless driver wrote:
is that Katie Nolan shaking a ketchup bottle over her ass?

It is Katie Nolan, but it's hot sauce.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
perfec. lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
America wrote:
Best movie of 2017, zero doubt.

How does it compare to your favorite from 2016, La La Land, ya fucking fruit?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:45 pm 

This movie was slightly above average. I hate it when movies literally don't provide an ending. If I wanted to come up with my own story then I wouldn't be watching your movie.

It also was another in line of the biggest genre in movies today: People frowning at each other for 2 hours.

The mystery was also a pretty lame explanation where you had to suspend disbelief like you are watching a Michael Bay movie.

SPOILER ALERT

So, the guy shows up, makes it obvious that he may have been the one to do this supposedly unsolved mystery, and then talks about it in the bar where someone just happens to overhear it(as had been said earlier by Woody Harrelson) and then they let him go with the hope that the DNA can prove it, and then it's like "Nope, he was gone" even WITH dna evidence linking him directly to the crime, and with a crime like that it is pretty easy to know that he was there.

That doesn't even get into the fact that he was put into the same room as the guy he just attacked, the street was empty besides one guy who had a crush on a person that no one should ever have a crush on unless you truly hate yourself, and everyone just seems to accept her explanation even though she has the biggest motive in the history of motives.

The acting performances were solid though, and the storyline, as long as you don't think about the flaws, was unique and different.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
a genius wrote:
Based on your recommendation watched it last night. Was right with you until the end. Without spoiling...what was up with that??

Come on! The whole thing was pretty dark, but when he says to her, "Who the fuck else would it have been?" I couldn't stop laughing out loud.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This movie was slightly above average. I hate it when movies literally don't provide an ending. If I wanted to come up with my own story then I wouldn't be watching your movie.

It also was another in line of the biggest genre in movies today: People frowning at each other for 2 hours.

The mystery was also a pretty lame explanation where you had to suspend disbelief like you are watching a Michael Bay movie.

SPOILER ALERT

So, the guy shows up, makes it obvious that he may have been the one to do this supposedly unsolved mystery, and then talks about it in the bar where someone just happens to overhear it(as had been said earlier by Woody Harrelson) and then they let him go with the hope that the DNA can prove it, and then it's like "Nope, he was gone" even WITH dna evidence linking him directly to the crime, and with a crime like that it is pretty easy to know that he was there.

That doesn't even get into the fact that he was put into the same room as the guy he just attacked, the street was empty besides one guy who had a crush on a person that no one should ever have a crush on unless you truly hate yourself, and everyone just seems to accept her explanation even though she has the biggest motive in the history of motives.

The acting performances were solid though, and the storyline, as long as you don't think about the flaws, was unique and different.

SPOILER ALERT:

I'm not sure where you got the idea the DNA matched.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:05 pm 

I guess I assumed that was part of the cover up because of his actions in a sandy location.

Though, if it didn't match then I think I liked the movie even less since he would in effect be "cleared" of the crime.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:29 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I guess I assumed that was part of the cover up because of his actions in a sandy location.

Though, if it didn't match then I think I liked the movie even less since he would in effect be "cleared" of the crime.

Wikipedia has a clear answer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Bil ... ,_Missouri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
This movie was a waste of time. There was no conclusion to anything. Nothing was resolved. No one had that moment of evolution where they come out better on the other side. The whole movie was depressing. Acting was fine, but overall, the movie had no point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:33 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Wikipedia has a clear answer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Bil ... ,_Missouri
Thanks. I watched the end thinking that he was being covered for because of the bad things he had to do in the sandy location and that the only way to get "justice" was to take a drive to Idaho.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:38 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
This movie was a waste of time. There was no conclusion to anything. Nothing was resolved. No one had that moment of evolution where they come out better on the other side. The whole movie was depressing. Acting was fine, but overall, the movie had no point.

“It was about not wrapping up the story with a bow, not finding the solution and that person getting his comeuppance and all of that,” McDonagh told Yahoo Entertainment. “Because the story is more about change than it is about solutions.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
rogers park bryan wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

“It was about not wrapping up the story with a bow, not finding the solution and that person getting his comeuppance and all of that,” McDonagh told Yahoo Entertainment. “Because the story is more about change than it is about solutions.”

Sounds like bullshit "artist" speak. Other than her character and the cop using their own self-loathing to team up to possibly commit murder themselves, I must have missed all of the changing going on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:09 pm 

it's definitely not a "who-dun-it" crime story that is going to give you some CSI/NCIS ending. i don't even think of it as a gritty crime drama.

it's from the guy who did "in bruges" and it has the same kind of peripheral themes about humanity. in this case, it's really about characters who want to carry things out on their terms, and the question posed is whether it's warranted or justified...or does it actually change anything or make it better.

i thought the film was good, but it was not even close to being on par with a coen brothers film, which it kept getting compared to.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
This movie was Fan fuckin tastic, anybody who disagrees should have their eyeballs ripped out. I see some of you clowns pump up action movies and comic book movies and not this? Go fuck yourselves.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
312player wrote:
This movie was Fan fuckin tastic, anybody who disagrees should have their eyeballs ripped out. I see some of you clowns pump up action movies and comic book movies and not this? Go fuck yourselves.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
312player wrote:

I agree. The movie is better than than ANY comic book movie ever made or any of the 17 Fast and Furious.

I'm a grownup.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
where can I see this?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Nardi wrote:
312player wrote:

I agree. The movie is better than than ANY comic book movie ever made or any of the 17 Fast and Furious.

I'm a grownup.

I’m a grownup too, and no.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:56 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Nardi wrote:
312player wrote:

I'm a grownup.

I’m a grownup too, and no.

You and your flying suits and car chases are on the wrong side of history.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:58 am 

You can keep the FF franchise.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:13 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

Awful. Garbage. Unwatchable. Zero redeeming qualities. Action movies should be retired unless it's real history. Every fight scene has been done. Every car chase. Every gun battle. They now put in shit that defy physics. That doesn't make it good. It makes it stupid and infantile.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:14 am 

Nardi wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Awful. Garbage. Unwatchable. Zero redeeming qualities. Action movies should be retired unless it's real history. Every fight scene has been done. Every car chase. Every gun battle. They now put in shit that defy physics. That doesn't make it good. It makes it stupid and infantile.

Yeah FF sucks, but “action movies should be retired unless real history” is a really boring suggestion.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:15 am 

PS. How much zombie crap is too much?