PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
No available for free on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af5Kjgs8BI4&t=5558s

Post subject: Re: You Weren't There
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Nice. I'd like to see this. Were you guys featured on this at all? If not, I'm sure you knew most of the people....

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

tommy wrote:
Nice. I'd like to see this. Were you guys featured on this at all? If not, I'm sure you knew most of the people....

We are not in there. There's some funny stuff though. Vic Bondi challenging Albini to a fight. These guys are 60 years old. :lol: The Kezdy boys still super serious. Mike O'Connell steals the show.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:

We are not in there. There's some funny stuff though. Vic Bondi challenging Albini to a fight. These guys are 60 years old. :lol: The Kezdy boys still super serious. Mike O'Connell steals the show.

Jesus....does anyone like Albini?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

tommy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:

I do.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

1:20:06: Albini vs. Bondi

Bondi is sitting on a pile of Microsoft stock and he's still butthurt after 40 years. :lol: Albini is a grown-up.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:56 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Bondi is sitting on a pile of Microsoft stock and he's still butthurt after 40 years. :lol: Albini is a grown-up.

all of those people look like guys who still dwell in their parents basement. Joe Orr is the success story!

also, I already started a thread on this a year or so ago. You just couldn't take it that a square like me got the scoop.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:

I do.

Why does everyone seem to think he's miserable? That's all I have ever heard. What's the story on that?

I liked his band, though.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

all of those people look like guys who still dwell in their parents basement. Joe Orr is the success story!

also, I already started a thread on this a year or so ago. You just couldn't take it that a square like me got the scoop.

I thought a topic already existed and I searched but I couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

tommy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:

I do.

Why does everyone seem to think he's miserable? That's all I have ever heard. What's the story on that?

Steve is an agitator. That's his M.O.- getting under people's skin. Like many of us, he's an opinionated fuck. He hated Articles of Faith. I disagree, but he has a right to his taste. And he is right about the strident politics. Railing against Regan was mostly just fashion.

Some of those guys are carrying grudges from 40 years ago. John Kezdy and Bondi seem like they would still fight each other. The best line in the whole movie is when O'Connell says about Kezdy, "Look, man, you're a lawyer. I'm a fuckin' bartender. You won, okay?'

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:

I do.

Steve is an agitator. That's his M.O.- getting under people's skin. Like many of us, he's an opinionated fuck. He hated Articles of Faith. I disagree, but he has a right to his taste. And he is right about the strident politics. Railing against Regan was mostly just fashion.

Some of those guys are carrying grudges from 40 years ago. John Kezdy and Bondi seem like they would still fight each other. The best line in the whole movie is when O'Connell says about Kezdy, "Look, man, you're a lawyer. I'm a fuckin' bartender. You won, okay?'

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Had no idea he hated them.

I taught that book . . . the Joe Meno one . . . whatever it is called, and we listened to AOF beforehand. A few of the more religious students were really taken aback, but once they saw the lyrics (especially "American Dreams"), they were cool with it. Anyway, by the time I listened to them, they were long broken up, but I'd read somewhere that they were anti-suburban or something, and it made sense.

Just started watching it . . .

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:

So you weren't there?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:

I do.

Introduce him to shakes.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:03 am 
Site Admin

SpiralStairs wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
tommy wrote:

So you weren't there?

I was there. I may be in some of the crowd shots. I'm pretty sure I was at the show at 1:35:00. The black kid in the crowd on the left is my friend Eric Williams who played in some good bands that also aren't talked about. The red-headed singer is my friend, Tom the Lincoln Tap bartender. A lot of guys in this thing are guys I grew up with in Evanston. And there are a bunch of Gordon guys too. Most of the Silver Abuse guys. The Effigies guys are from Evanston. The Seismic Waves too. Those guys and my sister were classmates all the way through school.