It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Peter Rabbit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Surprisingly not terrible. The kids all got a kick out of it, you could do a lot worse for a silly kids movie. Watching a grown man step on rakes and get hit in the face is never not funny. :lol:

It also is getting backlash from SJW for some food allergy jokes. So that makes me like that particular sequence even more.

Post subject: Re: Peter Rabbit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Surprisingly not terrible. The kids all got a kick out of it, you could do a lot worse for a silly kids movie. Watching a grown man step on rakes and get hit in the face is never not funny. :lol:

It also is getting backlash from SJW for some food allergy jokes. So that makes me like that particular sequence even more.

Yeah, my cousin's wife, the allergy crusader, was all over Facebook and Twitter and such screaming up a storm about this...makes me actually want to see it...not really, but I'll probably let the kids watch it when it hits Netflix.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:23 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Yeah, my cousin's wife, the allergy crusader, was all over Facebook and Twitter and such screaming up a storm about this...makes me actually want to see it...not really, but I'll probably let the kids watch it when it hits Netflix.

The best part is that the rabbit breaks the fourth wall and even says 'allergies are serious and I don't mean to belittle people with serious allergies'. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Seriously?

This is why Trump wins.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Hank Scorpio wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

The best part is that the rabbit breaks the fourth wall and even says 'allergies are serious and I don't mean to belittle people with serious allergies'. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, but the "allergy crusaders" are super serious....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Hank Scorpio wrote:

For the love of God, do they have to ruin everything?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I did not read the story about it but the headline said there are concerns about bullying. :roll:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Hank Scorpio wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:54 am 

I went in prepared to hate this but I had an enjoyable time. The human acting was surprisingly strong for this kind of movie and I actually liked the story. It really is as much a romantic comedy as it is a kid's movie.

I have to admit that I have a thing for Rose Byrne so it may have aided my consumption.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
I'm so glad that my youngest is now in double digits, so I don't have to see movies like this any longer......though I heard Paddington 2 was kind of awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 am 

tommy wrote:
I'm so glad that my youngest is now in double digits, so I don't have to see movies like this any longer......though I heard Paddington 2 was kind of awesome.

A lot of it is shit but occasionally you'll stumble into The Lego Movie or Peter Rabbit and be pleasantly surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
tommy wrote:

A lot of it is shit but occasionally you'll stumble into The Lego Movie or Peter Rabbit and be pleasantly surprised.

The Lego Movie was hilarious, as was The Muppets.