It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Tall Midget wrote:
shakes wrote:
watched the very first episode. had no idea what this was about. Thought it was a western, but didn't realize it takes place in modern times and is more of a family soap opera show than a western.

They basically ripped off The Godfather. One kid is a lawyer. One kid is gung ho about the business but is a little too rough. Then there's a daughter. And then the youngest wants nothing to do with the family business. Sound familiar?

First ep was pretty good, I'll keep watching.

And the squaw married to the youngest son is way too hot to be living in a trailer on a rez.

It is a very interesting show despite its flaws. On one level, it is an updating of American frontier mythology within the context of financial capitalist hegemony. On another level, it is also a kind of Trumpian (faux) populist rewriting of contemporary political conflict in which local elites become increasingly sympathetic figures as they lose power to the ascendant globalists. The show is also implicitly concerned with the fluidity of gender roles as a result of intensifying financialization and the final destruction of what it perceives (oddly enough) as the last remnants of the frontier--the Dutton Yellowstone Ranch.

i wouldnt care if teeter had a cock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:17 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I've started watching this series tonight based on RFDC and others recommendations.

I see Season 4 is free on Comcast so hope I can catch up to watch it before it goes away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:36 pm 

Finished all 4 seasons. Here's my take

Season 1 - it was good, interesting.
Season 2 - Up and down but I liked the end
Season 3 - not much happened until the end. Seems like it was a setup for season 4.
Season 4 - WTF happened?

Ep 1 of Season 4 was really good. But then it's like there were 4 storylines going. 3 of the 4 had nothing to do w/ the show. It was stupid hookups and maybe geared more for the increasing female audience. The only storyline that mattered was so few and far between that I sort of lost interest. Ending was pretty lame.

Ya it's ok. I liked Ozark better. It was something to watch. I like Costner but this was a much different type of role he's played. He's always the hero but here he isn't a hero.

I heard that they are doing a prequel setup in 1932.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:54 am 

yep. Theres 1883 and then theyre going to do one set in 1932.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:16 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
yep. Theres 1883 and then theyre going to do one set in 1932.

I looked for 1883 and it appears that i would need to pay for it which I will not do. But episodes 1 and 2 are free so Ill look into it.

Is there going to be season 5 of yellowstone? I dont know if I will bother watching it as the majority of the story line is a romantic soap opera that really has nothing to do w/ the main story any longer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:25 pm 

Yellowstone season 5 confirmed. I think we'll be getting back to more chaos. Season 4 seemed to me to be a reset button to clear out some of the corporate shenanigans.

ive seen on paramount network theyre showing the reruns of 1883 after reruns of yellowstone. new episodes stream only on Paramount+, but you might be able to set to record the reruns on comcast or whatever you use

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I just started watching this as I have a lot of time on my hands. I got very excited when Ryan Bingham showed up!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I just started watching this as I have a lot of time on my hands. I got very excited when Ryan Bingham showed up!

There's some pretty good T&A on this show, but it's Ryan Bingham that floats your boat, eh?

Perhaps you will also find the horse ejaculation scenes gripping as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

There's some pretty good T&A on this show, but it's Ryan Bingham that floats your boat, eh?

:lol: :lol: Actually, Monica floats my boat. I was just pleasantly surprised about Bingham. I had no idea he was an actor. I'm hoping maybe Sturgill Simpson gets branded next.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:45 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:02 pm 

Monica... interested to see if this changes over your viewing JORR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:49 am 
Site Admin

This is an entertaining show but I do have to laugh at Casey. He can't leave his house without killing someone.

Tate: What's the matter, Daddy?

Monica: What's wrong, babe? I just sent you to the Community Food Co-op for a loaf of bread and some milk and you were gone for five hours. And why are you bleeding?

Casey: I had to kill a couple guys in the frozen food aisle. Thank God Jamie smoothed things over with the Sheriff.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This is an entertaining show but I do have to laugh at Casey. He can't leave his house without killing someone.

Tate: What's the matter, Daddy?

Monica: What's wrong, babe? I just sent you to the Community Food Co-op for a loaf of bread and some milk and you were gone for five hours. And why are you bleeding?

Casey: I had to kill a couple guys in the frozen food aisle. Thank God Jamie smoothed things over with the Sheriff.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Back!!!

Where’s the Observer when you need him?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:16 pm 

I’m still reasonably sure the show runner wants to or has had sex with a horse.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:50 am 

Sounds like the cancer is back and the governor doesn't have much time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:40 am 
Site Admin

I love this show and I'm always entertained by it, but it's pretty fucking ridiculous if you think about it at all.

And Kayce is the most ridiculous character on the show. That's saying a lot. I think the show would be much better if Kayce and his entire family were killed by a Ukrainian oligarch in league with the Indian tribe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I love this show and I'm always entertained by it, but it's pretty fucking ridiculous if you think about it at all.

And Kayce is the most ridiculous character on the show. That's saying a lot. I think the show would be much better if Kayce and his entire family were killed by a Ukrainian oligarch in league with the Indian tribe.

His kid goes through a life-defining traumatic event every other episode, while he’s off fucking around with guns and horses for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:10 am 
Site Admin

We need Tall Midget to weigh in on how the Dutton Family represents white colonialism and the genocide of the buffalo and Indians. Indians who have now joined forces with the Western Corporate Oligarchy rendering the Duttons unlikely underdogs who own half the state and control the Governor's and Attorney General's offices and at least one Senate seat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Completely agree. I can't stand the stuff they do with his family.

But the show is very entertaining and I look forward to watching it every week.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:43 am 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

And Monica is great to look at but her character is such a pain in the ass that having her hotness on the show isn't worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:44 am 

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Kayce and his family's entire existence seems to just be so the writers can come up with horrible things to happen to them... Most of them don't really have anything to do with the overall story. It would have made no difference to the show if she had ever been pregnant or not. And there are 1/2 dozen reasons the car accident was stupid....

That said, I look forward to watching it too, and I'll watch 1923, and I'll probably watch 6666 too, but "Yellowstone Texas" doesn't interest me as much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:44 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

And Monica is great to look at but her character is such a pain in the ass that having her hotness on the show isn't worth it.

I don't even really find her all that attractive so I would be good with her just disappearing. Maybe she can take a ride to the train station

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:45 am 

casual fan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Kayce and his family's entire existence seems to just be so the writers can come up with horrible things to happen to them... Most of them don't really have anything to do with the overall story. It would have made no difference to the show if she had ever been pregnant or not. And there are 1/2 dozen reasons the car accident was stupid....

That said, I look forward to watching it too, and I'll watch 1923, and I'll probably watch 6666 too, but "Yellowstone Texas" doesn't interest me as much.

I haven't watched any of the stuff that is connected to Yellowstone. Is it 1883 or something?

I do plan on checking on the new Stallone show they are advertising hardcore.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:51 am 

RFDC wrote:
casual fan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I haven't watched any of the stuff that is connected to Yellowstone. Is it 1883 or something?

I do plan on checking on the new Stallone show they are advertising hardcore.

1883 could have been great but they fucked it all up, as soon as the girl ran away with the Indian I turned it off. It should have been the couple hundred pioneers getting picked off along the way from Texas to Montana.

This new one is gonna suck too, Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren are old AF, couple 80 year olds can't carry a show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:57 am 

1883 was kind of the "origin story" of the family moving to Montana. It was 1 season. Although it involves the "original Dutton's", it's more about the perils of stage coaching it from Texas to Montana. The story ends before they settle the "ranch". I enjoyed it.

1923 is the next step, and includes the actual ranch. I think the timeline is Harrison Ford is playing Costner's grandfather???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: John's
How about the new hottie introduced for season 5?!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Caller Bob wrote:
How about the new hottie introduced for season 5?!!!

My money's on Beth in the cat fight to come in the series. Gotta happen if anyone has a book on these things :eye: :eye:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 am 

discount Morena Baccarin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
We need Tall Midget to weigh in on how the Dutton Family represents white colonialism and the genocide of the buffalo and Indians. Indians who have now joined forces with the Western Corporate Oligarchy rendering the Duttons unlikely underdogs who own half the state and control the Governor's and Attorney General's offices and at least one Senate seat.

Midget appears to be on hiatus.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next