It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Amazon Prime Video
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I turned hunters off after 3 episodes, horrible writing, weak acting. It blew it's load in the first scene at the BBQ..that guy is a great actor.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
GoldenJet wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hunters is trash. So much wasted potential. I stopped after episode 2.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/david-weil-defends-hunters-auschwitz-criticizes-chess-scene-165904024.html

yep, it's trash. And now it's being blasted by Auschwitz memorial society for putting in horrific scenes that never happened. Specifically, they have a scene where Jewish chess masters are forced to play human chess with prisoners as pieces where the guards shoot the prisoners who are captured in the game. Apparently that never happened IRL.

Not surprised that sparked outrage. I’m not really sensitive to that type of stuff and while that scene was happening I was like what the fuck is this. It was pretty unbelievable how they were just making a mockery of the holocaust for the most part.

JFC, it basically takes place in an alternate universe. Did Man In The High Castle spark outrage?

I’m not getting on my soapbox about it and saying #CancelHunters. Just adding to why I thought it was a trash show that wasn’t worth watching.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
I turned hunters off after 3 episodes, horrible writing, weak acting. It blew it's load in the first scene at the BBQ..that guy is a great actor.

Yup. That first scene was great and it’s all downhill from there.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Last episode is just plain incredible. They payoff is well worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

I’m pushing through on the show but I see all the problems with it. It’s hard to not like Travis though on the airplane.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:55 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Well I finished Hunters. Plenty of places to take the next season of course, some way too on the nose. What a really strange show this is though. Some parts are absolutely brilliant, most is simply inconceivable and mostly unnecessary. Uneven is an understatement. Not saying it doesn’t work, it does but reeks os Lynch like indulgence without the chutzpah of Lynch. (Had to sorry)

So episode 8 had some really brilliant parts to me. The emotional story is excellent at times. I felt the loss in that scene.

The why we hate Jews games how was pretty great too. Even the really dark ending. It all felt like people talking about Jerry Reinsdorf.

Travis is really really great. From the bowling scene, laundromat and airplane scenes. What a thing he did. He is like the Michael Jordan of Nazis.

The ending though explained nothing if they want it to. I mean they can spin so much of this stuff anyway that works for them. Overall how bad some of these parts are made this show so great. Biff inexplicably is really good at killing people.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:31 pm 

Zero zero zero.. unbelievable.. way better than narcos. Best show I've seen on Amazon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
312player wrote:
Zero zero zero.. unbelievable.. way better than narcos. Best show I've seen on Amazon.

Caught the first episode last night. It came together nicely. Did you see the whole series?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:53 pm 

denisdman wrote:
312player wrote:

Caught the first episode last night. It came together nicely. Did you see the whole series?

I watched the season 1 finale last night.. outstanding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Watched episode 1 last night then got distracted by Coronamania.

I liked it and will continue tonight and this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:41 pm 

Great thanks 312. It has promise for sure. I will watch the while thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:04 am 

Is there any topic that captures (((Hollywood's))) imagination as much as Hitler and the Nazi's?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:15 pm 

denisdman wrote:

What did ya think?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 pm 

312player wrote:
denisdman wrote:

What did ya think?

6 on a 10 scale. The flashbacks were the best part. But the shipping family was a bunch of losers, especially Chris. I liked it overall but it could have been a lot better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:51 am 

denisdman wrote:
312player wrote:
denisdman wrote:

What did ya think?

6 on a 10 scale. The flashbacks were the best part. But the shipping family was a bunch of losers, especially Chris. I liked it overall but it could have been a lot better.

I liked it, I've recommended it to 6 or 7 friends and none of em liked it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:54 am 

312player wrote:
denisdman wrote:
312player wrote:
denisdman wrote:

What did ya think?

I liked it, I've recommended it to 6 or 7 friends and none of em liked it.

It had a lot of wasted potential.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I'm spreading Hunters out a bit. Seems more enjoyable that way. Just finished ep 6.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:46 am 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Well I finished Hunters. Plenty of places to take the next season of course, some way too on the nose. What a really strange show this is though. Some parts are absolutely brilliant, most is simply inconceivable and mostly unnecessary. Uneven is an understatement. Not saying it doesn’t work, it does but reeks os Lynch like indulgence without the chutzpah of Lynch. (Had to sorry)

So episode 8 had some really brilliant parts to me. The emotional story is excellent at times. I felt the loss in that scene.

The why we hate Jews games how was pretty great too. Even the really dark ending. It all felt like people talking about Jerry Reinsdorf.

Travis is really really great. From the bowling scene, laundromat and airplane scenes. What a thing he did. He is like the Michael Jordan of Nazis.

The ending though explained nothing if they want it to. I mean they can spin so much of this stuff anyway that works for them. Overall how bad some of these parts are made this show so great. Biff inexplicably is really good at killing people.

They owe a tip of the cap to Howard Stern on the Jewish game show.

I found that to be particularly toxic. I think it reveals more about the mindset of the writers than it reflects reality about the US. Sure there is some antisemitism. I'd hardly call it prevalent. The writers would have you believe it is universal. Couple that with a show like The Plot Against America and people who are easily suggestible might believe they are revealing truth.

I like the description of the show as uneven. Some brilliant parts. A lot of dull. I like that they make it like a comic book with interludes like the introduction of the characters as superheroes and the exaggeration of truth. However, it gets to be heavy handed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

They owe a tip of the cap to Howard Stern on the Jewish game show.

I found that to be particularly toxic. I think it reveals more about the mindset of the writers than it reflects reality about the US. Sure there is some antisemitism. I'd hardly call it prevalent. The writers would have you believe it is universal. Couple that with a show like The Plot Against America and people who are easily suggestible might believe they are revealing truth.

I like the description of the show as uneven. Some brilliant parts. A lot of dull. I like that they make it like a comic book with interludes like the introduction of the characters as superheroes and the exaggeration of truth. However, it gets to be heavy handed.

Don't know about that GD, anti-semitism has been steadily on the rise for a while now. It's pretty prevalant all over the USA and now being practiced out in the open in many places in Europe. You're not Jewish so you don't know about it, but I see a lot of FB posts with articles about Anti semetic attacks happening all the time these days.

Don't know how it relates to Hunters since I don't waste my time with terrible TV shows, but IRL it's becoming a massive problem. Several places now where it's not safe for jews...some of them in this country.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Been watching Deadly Seasons. French murder mystery. In subtitles. High quality.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Finally started Jack Ryan this week with all the extra time. It is not perfect but I like it a lot and so does my wife so it makes viewing choice of the night easy. We are due to watch EP7 S1 next. I like how it has a 24 feel. I don't really have an easy time that it is not a book/film based thing. One side note that makes me chuckle every time is how Greer makes me think of Cedric the Entertainer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Exactly. Jack Ryan was nothing spectacular but entertaining enough to be worth watching. I enjoyed it.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Just watched The Taking of Pelham 123. Great movie. Highly recommended for those who appreciate you mid-1970s movies. Tarantino was clearly a fan as shown in Reservoir Dogs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:03 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Exactly. Jack Ryan was nothing spectacular but entertaining enough to be worth watching. I enjoyed it.

I liked season 1, season 2 - not so much.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
The Band is one of my favorite musical acts. I rented a new documentary on the band by Robbie Robertson called “ Once Were Brothers”. It was pretty good overall with some great old footage and obviously a lot of great music throughout. Kind of gave me a new look at the story of the group, the movie is from his perspective of course so as with most things the truth is usually somewhere in the middle as he was accused by other members of the band as taking most of the writing credits.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I went back a started Strike Back from the beginning. It's like Banshee but with Special Forces tales. Speaking of tails, wow...but what do you expect from a Skinemax property.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: What??
GoldenJet wrote:
Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.

I really love that quote, Jet, in that it shows that what it means to you is the complete opposite of what it means to me.

And that's OK.

Edit: Oops, wrong thread. Sorry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Speaking of Hunters, did any of you who watched it catch the inside joke dealing with the Nazi company?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ken Burns: American Lives expiring at the end of June.

If you haven't done so before, check out "Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Recently finished season 6 of Bosch. The acting and production was high quality as normal but the multiple story lines failed to deliver IMO. The weakest season of an otherwise excellent show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next