It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: The Boys
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Juiced wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
I’m thinking Ryan goes off the reservation and Homelander has to team up with the boys to save the day. And it appears the AOC stand in has taken the place of Vic the Veep. If I was Dakota Bob’s head I’d be very worried.

My guess is they study Soldier Boy and find out how the yellow explosions take away superpowers. The final series episode will be all the sups becoming human and Butcher somehow turned into a sup permanently.

Possible…. That spin wouldn’t be terrible. Does Ryan go off the rails or does he eventually kill homelander? I’m ok with an ultimate Homelander redemption ( which I am not for the deep or A train) but I don’t think that is where it is going. The family dynamic of Soldier, Homie, Ryan and even Butcher likely has to be the end and none should survive I guess but if any it has to be Ryan since to this point he is by far the most “pure” or “innocent”. They are also changing that narrative.

Anthony Starr truly is just killing the role.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:02 am 

i don't know how far the ryan story got in the comics, but in the show it's coming off as basically another potential "brightburn".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:02 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Death by dildo :lol:

should be the retitle of the "Politics" section

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:37 am 

W_Z wrote:
there's too much repetitiveness with these storylines going on...i feel like maybe they should wrap this up next season. there's not much more you can squeeze out of these plotlines. homelander vs. soldier boy, that was fun. i liked the father/son angle but it didn't really pay off much. and now with the head-popper coming back into the mix, it just feels like too much familiar territory.

some of the antics this season felt like filler or padding, and this show should have enough juice in it to keep it interesting. that was a bit disappointing.

100% agree. In fact, they could have ended it here and I would have been satisfied.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:40 am 

W_Z wrote:
i don't know how far the ryan story got in the comics, but in the show it's coming off as basically another potential "brightburn".

and why did they cast such a wussy kid in the role? That kid throwing a ball screamed told me something without saying anything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Watched the Boys spin off show, Gen V on Amazon. Really good show, definitely recommend. Ties into the main show quite nicely and also has some big cameos from the main show.

Premise is its about a college for super heroes in training being run by Vought so you can assume things aren't on the up and up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:23 pm 

I haven’t heard much buzz about it but since kripke told a portion of the main show’s fanbase “to suck a bag of dicks”, maybe some people didn't care enough.

This show hasn’t been on my radar but I could give it a chance if it sticks to what made “The Boys” entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
shakes wrote:
Watched the Boys spin off show, Gen V on Amazon. Really good show, definitely recommend. Ties into the main show quite nicely and also has some big cameos from the main show.

Premise is its about a college for super heroes in training being run by Vought so you can assume things aren't on the up and up.

Just finished that one a week ago. Thought it was alright and definitely a direct tie in to the original series. Worth a watch if you like The Boys.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I thought it was fine. Schwarzeneggar’s kid was kind of annoying.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13