It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Succession
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
It would be cool if the show gradually killed off all of Logan's potential heirs instead of killing Logan off. I'd like to see Connor elected president before he goes, though.

This season has had some very poorly written scenes in which the usual wit of the characters is replaced by awkward vulgarity. And as vegan said above, Kendall's takeover attempt was handled somewhat incoherently. But I suppose the incoherence of that storyline is insignificant because the show's major concern is the moral turpitude and other fundamental inadequacies of its central characters rather than corporate intrigue.

I really want Greg to end up as the company's CEO. How many episodes will it be before he and Tom have sex?

I'm wondering how much covid had to do with some of those Kendall takeover problems. I'm sure they had to limit the amount of people in rooms and whatnot during filming and get creative. I'd love to learn from the producers on the extent to which certain scenes or storylines had to get rewritten or cut due to covid-related logistics.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Who needs souls? Boo souls.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:52 am 

Not sure how I feel about the mechanics of the twist. Does it take 5 minutes to rearrange a complex legal agreement about a minute after you found out you'd need to probably rework it? That minor quibble aside, it was great to see Tom knife Shiv in the back. Good reveal. It was also fascinating to see Logan focus exclusively on Roman during the standoff by trying to reason with him. It revealed that while Roman thought he was on the rise with his dad, Logan "chose" him because he was the easiest to manipulate. The manipulation failed during the standoff but Logan had a trump card anyway, and Roman is obviously flabbergasted that in the end the bond he thought he was developing with his dad didn't exist.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:54 am 

Oh, and Logan's line about making your own pile was great. It reminded me of a recent Shaq line to his kids: "Don't say "we're rich," I'm rich."

:lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
veganfan21 wrote:
Oh, and Logan's line about making your own pile was great. It reminded me of a recent Shaq line to his kids: "Don't say "we're rich," I'm rich."

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
" Do you want me to go with you dad? "

Logan: no, stay here and play with your dick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tom being this season's winner is just perfect. He was willing to go to prison for Logan and was rewarded so. Shiv has been a real bitch the last few seasons so her getting backstabbed is great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Thought the finale was really underwhelming.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The whole season was pretty uneven. Kendall's breakdown in the finale was clumsily written and poorly acted.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:57 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
The whole season was pretty uneven. Kendall's breakdown in the finale was clumsily written and poorly acted.

He snapped back to normal in about 5 minutes which seemed to suggest he had some plan that was about to pay off.

And then…nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:48 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I binged watched this the last 3 days. Someone told me it was good so I tried it.

Word of advice - don't binge watch this before going to bed. You'll wake up feeling like shit.

SPOILERS

Season 1 was interesting
Season 2 was the best but the ending was bullshit. Fate determined the outcome. That was total bullshit writing.
Season 3 was a waste of time. The entire Season 3 could have been 1 hour long. The last 2 episodes were the only ones that mattered and only half of the content of each was important.

None of the characters are likable. But I guess thats the point.

Not sure I'd put this as a top show going now. I don't see all the hype. Just a bunch of bratty fucking asshole kids and a asshole of a dad.

By mid Season 3 I really started not to give a shit about the story.

Those 3 fucktard kids now can think about getting a real job. Or since they have 3 Billion each walking away I don't know what they're complaining about. I guess when you're that loaded money doesn't matter but instead title and stature.

I did like how Tom the village idiot became the smartest and most calculated character of the show.

Not holding my breath for season 4.

--

3 quotes I really liked :

Logan "Make your own fucking pile!' - exactly.

And Logon talking about how when he came to America how it was people going for milk and honey and how now everyone's fat and how we pissed it away. That was a perfect explanation of the last 50 years.

"Ive never seen Logan fucked, not ever" - Tom W.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:07 pm 

SPOILERS

After sleeping a night to recollect the finale, I really liked how Logan always is the winner, and like Tom says never saw him get fucked.

The way he mocked Shiv in the last scene was funny.

The kids now have to work for a living - like Logan did.

I will watch that last scene again - it was that good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:39 am 

Anyone watching? Took guts to make that call with seven episodes to go. If you're watching then you know what I'm talking about.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:48 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Anyone watching? Took guts to make that call with seven episodes to go. If you're watching then you know what I'm talking about.

Yes. I wasn’t a huge fan of the thing that happened. More so in the manner in which the thing went down. That the thing happened was fine from a storytelling perspective but the specific details of the thing made for an unentertaining hour of television.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:51 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yes. I wasn’t a huge fan of the thing that happened. More so in the manner in which the thing went down. That the thing happened was fine from a storytelling perspective but the specific details of the thing made for an unentertaining hour of television.

Yeah, I can see that. It was a vehicle for the kids to process all these conflicted feelings while also re-arranging the power rankings moving forward. Here's how I look at the new power rankings:

Tom: trending down. Acknowledges he's lost his primary ally - the guy for whom he basically sacrificed his marriage. It's interesting that him and Shiv leave together. I think he genuinely loves Shiv but I imagine Shiv is going to see through any attempts to resurrect their relationship.

Kendall/Shiv/Roman: Arrows pointing sideways. I think they likely drop their plans to purchase the other media company since it seems Logan's death clears the way for them to possibly exert control in the family company. Obviously, we'll know more once the showdown between the kids and the board goes down. Roman is in a very awkward spot since he knows his father decided to fire the CEO (Gerri) but I think she's officially still the CEO given nothing officially happened yet, and Roman and Kerry are the only witnesses to Logan's decision.

Greg: I think Greg and Tom are probably connected here, naturally.

Frank/Gerri/Karolina/etc: Arrow pointing up (for now): they were pro-Logan and would seem to be down with completing the sale but episode 3 very obviously foreshadows a major showdown between them and the kids through the minor showdown they had over the statement.

Activist Investors: No clue but super interested

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
There's no way all the dialogue in this show is scripted, right? All the ums, stammering, and asides have to be adlibbed.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:17 pm 

This is going to go like Game of Thrones( Ned Stark), Homeland( Brody)the show is all downhill.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 10:08 pm 

Very nice to see a republican win.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 5:46 pm 

Very nice to see a republican win.

I’ve watched this episode 4 or 5 times this week.

Just a feel good story front-to-back.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 11:11 pm 

tonigts episode sucked except the last 10 min.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:09 pm 

Things happened. I don’t hate the things that happened. It was a lukewarm ending to what I thought was one of the better shows I’ve ever seen, but c'est la vie.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:24 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It ended the way it had to.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:44 pm 

Ended the right way.

Cubs tie in - everyone shits on Zach Zaidman but tonight’s episode proved guys like ZZ usually come out on top.

Baseball tie in - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Wambsganss

Only player in WS history with an unassisted triple play. *took out 3 with one play*

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:07 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
It ended the way it had to.

With…spoilers…

…Shiv becoming the deciding vote, having a breakdown in the boardroom and doing a 180 for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:48 am 

"Some reason" is the same reason it's always been: she has no loyalty to anyone but herself and the idea in her head of her dad. She hates her brothers, she hates her mom, she hates her husband but still saw a roadmap to pretending to be in power through him. She lost as much as her brother did. None of them were ever winding up in charge.

To the extent that any of the failchildren won, it was Connor. He said Logan didn't like him, and he probably didn't, but at least Connor wasn't scheming and conniving to run a company he had no business running. And there he was having a great time at the family dinner with Logan's "real" family, the ones who hid their resentment for him and didn't embarrass him. That was when Roman realized once and for all that their lives were a shallow joke.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:10 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
"Some reason" is the same reason it's always been: she has no loyalty to anyone but herself and the idea in her head of her dad. She hates her brothers, she hates her mom, she hates her husband but still saw a roadmap to pretending to be in power through him. She lost as much as her brother did. None of them were ever winding up in charge.

Her agreement to vote No wasn’t out of loyalty - it was because Mattson was fucking her over.

She voted to allow herself to be fucked over, which goes against four seasons of character development. And the payoff was that she elevated Tom in the process and completely reversed the power dynamic in their relationship?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:14 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Her agreement to vote No wasn’t out of loyalty - it was because Mattson was fucking her over.

She voted to allow herself to be fucked over, which goes against four seasons of character development. And the payoff was that she elevated Tom in the process and completely reversed the power dynamic in their relationship?

She gets to spite her older brother and position herself as the power behind the throne. Of course, what she may not know is that Tom is only a stopgap CEO to take shit while Matsson slashes payroll. He has no real power and neither does she. But impulsively fucking other people over is absolutely in line with her character development (see also: backstabbing Eavis).

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:30 pm 

She’s the one who pitched a frontman, do-nothing American CEO, no? And she knows what Tom is…she may not be as smart as she thinks, but no way she’s viewing him as the heir to Logan.

It’s a nit… I’d have rather they were sold out at the vote as a bloc, kids v. everybody else. Nobody likes them but nobody fears them, so it’d have been a tidy ending to the Roy’s influence.

…and confirmation that Mencken was the president would’ve been nice. Seems like the kind of politician I could support.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 2:07 pm 

She’s the one who pitched a frontman, do-nothing American CEO, no? And she knows what Tom is…she may not be as smart as she thinks, but no way she’s viewing him as the heir to Logan.

It’s a nit… I’d have rather they were sold out at the vote as a bloc, kids v. everybody else. Nobody likes them but nobody fears them, so it’d have been a tidy ending to the Roy’s influence.

…and confirmation that Mencken was the president would’ve been nice. Seems like the kind of politician I could support.

Shiv fucked up and gave Mattson Tom on a sliver platter when she said 'He'll suck the biggest Dick'.

One thing that was inconsistent was Tom revealing to Shiv he was the guy before it was announced. Tom would never do this - he kept secrets close like he told Greg to do. He would never have jeopardized himself in the slightest. It was poor writing to they could have the ending.

I would have rather had it where we dont know who the new CEO is until the very end. It would have been more shocking. But it was good regardless. I was happy with it.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 8:51 pm 

Once great show shits the bed when they cut out a major character. Just like I thought, game of thrones redux or Homeland.