It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1883
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
premiering this weekend following the new Yellowstone, then streaming on Paramount+

really hoping its as good as its looked. I think they've shown just the right amount in the previews. read that Sheridan really kept it so everything is legitimate and not rely on cgi if they could avoid it. said something along the lines of "if the shot required 50 wagons, we got 50 wagons"

Post subject: Re: 1883
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Angie's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
premiering this weekend following the new Yellowstone, then streaming on Paramount+

really hoping its as good as its looked. I think they've shown just the right amount in the previews. read that Sheridan really kept it so everything is legitimate and not rely on cgi if they could avoid it. said something along the lines of "if the shot required 50 wagons, we got 50 wagons"

I haven't even gotten to Yellowstone yet, but I look forward to 1883.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:20 pm 

you could do 1883 prior seemingly. Other than the name, there hasnt been much that would require seeing Yellowstone first so far in the first two episodes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:08 am 

really enjoyed the first season. confirmed for season 2 and apparently got an extension order for season 1. Episode 9 was a solid culmination of tying in the opening of ep 1 and how it wraps up.

Funnily enough, i realized in about ep 4 that a girl i went to school with is in the show. One of the minor characters, but she gets some good screen time in the last episode.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:49 pm 

weird - Paramount had announced it was extended for a second season, but Sheridan just confirmed it was always a limited series and wont continue. Not the wrong move, IMO. It wrapped up fine for the single story it was attempting to tell and will see progress of it in 1923.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:46 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
weird - Paramount had announced it was extended for a second season, but Sheridan just confirmed it was always a limited series and wont continue. Not the wrong move, IMO. It wrapped up fine for the single story it was attempting to tell and will see progress of it in 1923.

I don't disagree, thought the ending wrapped things up nicely. A little rushed with the couple minute "one year later" ending, but overall, I really liked it.

The story I saw made it sound like more of a few episode Season 1 extension, not necessarily a full "season 2". At the end of the finale last night, it said something about "Dutton story continues this fall". Could see a few episodes about the start of the ranch???

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:41 pm 

yeah that "few more episodes" was still in the one that I saw. Maybe a lead up to Season 5 of yellowstone. Sheridan and another producer made it sound like the announcement of 1923 is technically the Season 2 of this prequel arc. which makes sense since theyd be beyond 1883 and would need to change the name anyhow.

i was left wanting to see more of Josef, but they framed it in a way that was encouraging for his future. I dont recall seeing an indication that the two rustlers were with the two wagons that tried to continue on their own. and elsa's narration on them was enough for me. not everything needs a a bow on top

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I saw the first 2 because they were free. It was sort of boring. I can wait until it comes out on free tv.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Watched it when it aired, started rewatching it recently. I thought it was very good initially, now I think it's one of the best seasons of TV I have ever seen. Got three episodes left still and vaguely remember how it goes but no hyperbole.

The daughters narration is still weak as fuck but thats a minor thing and outside of that it's basically a 10/10 show.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:36 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
My wife and I really enjoyed it. I watched 1923 next and it wasn’t quite as good but they supposedly are doing another season of it. Only seen 3 or 4 episodes of Yellowstone.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:49 am 

just got through this. way better than i thought it would be. first few episodes i thought it would be boring but it sucked me in and was great. i still dont know how all the cattle and horses stayed hydrated though. maybe they all got water from the same place the people were brushing their teeth with.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:51 am 

Quote:
Paramount+ Wanted a Second Season But That’s Not What Taylor Sheridan Had in Mind
Originally, Paramount+ ordered additional episodes of 1883 thanks to its widespread success. However, Taylor Sheridan had no intention of carrying on the storyline of 1883. He created the show to be a limited series with the storyline ending in one season.

The studio wanted Sheridan to continue on with a second season as if the deaths in the series never happened. However, Sheridan was not willing to do this. Instead, Sheridan proposed the idea of another spin-off, 1923, picking up the story of the Duttons 40 years later.

1923 premiered in December 2022 and began a new chapter in the story of the Dutton family. The series has already been renewed for a second season after a successful first season.