It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Silmarillion is a journey to read. Thought music creating Ea was cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Its really strange what they did with the rings. The elves were tricked by Sauron in disguise to make the rings for the humans and dwarves so he could control them. Then the elves found out who he really was and made their 3 rings in secret so he wouldn't have power over them. So when are they going to make the other rings? They aren't going to make them now since they exposed Sauron. Why would they change that?

Did anyone know there was going to be a Sauron reveal? I asked a few times on here who everyone thought was Sauron but it didn't seem anyone knew what I was talking about. I only knew because a guy on the show leaked it after 2nd episode that the guy on the raft was Sauron. Did they ever mention Sauron was out there walking around? It seemed like last time they mentioned him was when Galadriel was looking for him in the North Pole then they came home.

Season 2 will be a romance between Sauron and Galadriel. That's why they got rid of her husband and daughter in Season 1. Its also why she didn't tell them the guy on the raft was Sauron. The showrunners say Season 2 is already written and they started shooting last week.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I’m impressed with those of you that made it past episode 3. You have more patience than I that’s for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:04 am 
1000 CLUB

I was hoping it would be good but I'm a fan of inept films so when it wasn't I still found it entertaining. I'm glad other people enjoy it and think its good. I think you're like a lot of people...there was an 18% drop in viewers after 3rd episode.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:01 am 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
I thought they’d explain the three witches at least but I guess we have to wait on that one…

One of the showrunners said they were the "witches of Macbeth". I am not familiar with Macbeth so I don't know what he means by that. He wouldn't get any more specific.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
official time line as it pertains to the story so far:

- Sauron corrupts Eregion for a while. he gives them the knowledge to be able to make the other rings including for 9 for men and 7 for elves are created.
- Sauron departs eregion Celebrimbor makes the 3 rings.

A LONG time later like 1600 years later:

Elendil and Tar-Muriel are born.
Arpharazon takes the scepter (obviously we can tell that will happen)

So the complete condensing of these things makes sense I guess to give us multiple timelines or events (along with the completely made up hobbit/mystery man crap) to follow.

So either the 19 other rings were already made (that we'll find out) or they are just completely hackjobbing this storyline.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

There is someone connected with show who has been leaking info. I think he's legit as he's been right about everything like who Sauron was after 2nd episode. He says they tried to do a real story that was faithful to books. They even hired the #1 ranked Tolkien expert (however that is decided lol). They found it too difficult so they scrapped it and went with the generic story we watched. They fired the Tolkien expert and really did the guy dirty because they said he leaked info during an interview with a German magazine. The reality was they were tired of him telling them their story didn't make any sense.

Nielsen ratings came out for Sept. 25th week. House of Dragon passed Rings of Power for 1st time. This is just streaming so that has to sting for Amazon. Someone had to tell Bezos. I am hoping enough bad news will force changes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't know how head of Amazon Studios still has a job. The showrunners of House of the Dragon were working on Conan for Amazon and when she took over as a MeToo hire she told them to tone it down. When they refused she fired them and they went to HBO and pitched House of the Dragon.

There is rumor that the showrunners of Rings have been relieved of their duties and moved to the writers table. They are trying to find a showrunner with experience to take over. We'll see if this is true when that person comes on board because Amazon won't be able to hide it. They're still being 100% positive even with the bad news that has been incoming about viewership.

I don't know how they can fix it though. They really made every mistake they could make. Going cheap with a no-name cast and directors was a strange choice for a billion dollar production.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Mods please create a separate incel forum section for discussion of this permanent adolescence clap-trap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Spent a billion dollars and only 37% watched all the episodes. There were only 8 of them lol. People should of lost their jobs but its the same inept people doing Season 2. I don't know how they'll top a hobo creating a volcano with some water and a rusty sword but I'd like to see them try. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:07 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Spent a billion dollars and only 37% watched all the episodes. There were only 8 of them lol. People should of lost their jobs but its the same inept people doing Season 2. I don't know how they'll top a hobo creating a volcano with some water and a rusty sword but I'd like to see them try. :lol:

I'm one of the 37% :lol: I enjoyed the fantasy setting and didn't hate the plot. Not a huge fan of LOTR so that helped.

Reminded me of some of the foreign Chinese films I've watched. Low budget, high fantasy themed flicks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I think I made it about half way through before pulling the plug. Just not a big enough fan I guess. Just didn't resonate with me and thought it was very slow at times. I did finish The Wheel of Time which also had some of the same shortcomings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:12 pm 

I liked Wheel of Time better. Both were slow but I think Rings Of Power doesn't even compare to the second set of 3 movies they made and even those weren't great. It was slow and confusing outside of Elrond and Durin. Hobbits that weren't hobbits but also were hobbits or at least related to hobbits. Mystery homeless Gandalf. Galadriel was at times Superman and other times completely helpless.

I'll watch season 2 though. I hope it is a lot better.

It also didn't help that House of the Dragon was just a much better show at the exact same time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:00 pm 

I remember maybe 5% of the whole season. I remember it getting better but it was really bland.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

I watched all the episodes but it was because I enjoyed the ineptitude not because it was good. I have to think Season 2 will be a total trainwreck and I'll be there for it. Isildur is still under a burning building waiting for his horse to come dig him out. They had a horse die on set the other day I hope it wasn't the one they'd trained to dig someone out of a burning building.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6