It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Andor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
id imagine we're getting snippets/adjusted plots of stuff that was similar to things cut from R1 in Andor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
No arguing who shoots first here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:34 pm 

Interview with Gilroy said 7 is a stand alone episode and 8-10 are another 3 episode arc. I also am mad at the show because it was filmed at mostly the same time as Obi-Wan and it makes it look like cheap and shitty. Nothing in Ob-Wan looked as cool.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Wasn't expecting a bunch after last week's awesome episode. They have set in motion multiple storylines and all are relatively interesting. The ending was surprising and didn't see that coming.
Still very enjoyable and I look forward to getting up and watching early every Wednesday morning.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:55 am 

We get a couple of nice cameos this week. One from a very well known actor and another from a well known character in the Star Wars universe who we got to meet in the movie Rogue One. Learn a bit about how the prison system works and they push other stories ahead as well but quite slowly and don't really learn a lot more about what is going on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:41 pm 

Attack of the Clones rightfully gets a lot of shit for it's opening crawl about "There is unrest in the Galactic Senate," but if the writers of Andor got a hold of it that'd be most exciting political bullshit you've ever seen. T-Bone mentioned the multiple storylines and that's another credit to the writers that the B, C, D, and E plots are interesting even though they hardly get much screen time. Strangely one of the things you might criticize Andor (the show) for is that Andor himself sometimes isn't as interesting as everybody else. Every show in the last 3 has had 1 amazingly acted/written scene that's just better than most anything else out there. Andor talking to his mom in 7 (hell even the robot adds some emotional weight to the scene), Luthen and Saw in 8, and Kino (I give Serkis a lot of credit for being more than just MoCap guy) and Andor in the final scene in 9. "That's just love." "I am the only one with clarity of purpose." "Never more than 12." Andor gave great actors great lines and they knocked it out of the park. Obi-Wan gave great actors garbage and they got garbage. Fair play to George Lucas though who gave great actors shit lines in the Original Trilogy and it still came out great.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:16 am 

It was another solid episode building the tension towards what I have to assume is an inexplicable escape from that prison. For any real Star Wars fan I really don't see how you could complain much about this series. Sure it isn't an ultra exciting battle with stormtroopers every 30 minutes but as mentioned by KD, this thing has some depth to it and actually explains what is happening in this universe politically and personally to the people. The acting has been very good and will lead us up to the most underrated chapter of the Star Wars saga, Rogue One. Only 3 more episodes to go and I am going to miss this one. I hope that the 2nd half doesn't take a year to come out and that maybe they shot it all at the same time and it will be back by the end of summer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:23 am 

The return to the Empire’s roots of old British dudes with a 1970s design aesthetic is nice too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:46 am 

Something about female Imperial Officers...i would enjoy Dedra beating the hell out of me and whispering accusations of rebellious activity in my ear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:26 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Something about female Imperial Officers...i would enjoy Dedra beating the hell out of me and whispering accusations of rebellious activity in my ear

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
People are saying this a good show but not a lot of people watching. I wonder if Disney has killed the franchise and people have given up. I heard Kenobi was especially brutal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:53 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
People are saying this a good show but not a lot of people watching. I wonder if Disney has killed the franchise and people have given up. I heard Kenobi was especially brutal.

Kenobi was not very good and Boba Fett was uneven at best, only saved by Mandalorian cameos near the end. The Mandalorian was pretty universally praised, and I for one have pretty high hopes for the Ahsoka Tano series when it arrives. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the so called Star Wars fans didn't follow through with Andor, especially younger kids.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:03 pm 

its odd if true considering how highly Rogue One is regarded

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:05 pm 

The guy that tweeted about the low ratings, that a lot of other places sourced, corrected his original numbers and they’re better than originally reported, but not great.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Agree with T-Bone about how good the show has been.

Bix Caleen is quite attractive.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:08 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
The guy that tweeted about the low ratings, that a lot of other places sourced, corrected his original numbers and they’re better than originally reported, but not great.

I'm going to give it another chance, without my family who was really bored by it, but I think they dialed it down way too much in terms of what people expect from Star Wars. It's clearly a better storyline than a lot of other Star Wars properties but that's only part of the equation for a series that is basically space wizards building massive armies and space tanks to destroy each other.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:44 pm 

In the past I’d have agreed, but with the current saturation of Star Wars (non movie) properties there’s definitely space for a SW prestige drama.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Kenobi was not very good and Boba Fett was uneven at best, only saved by Mandalorian cameos near the end. The Mandalorian was pretty universally praised, and I for one have pretty high hopes for the Ahsoka Tano series when it arrives. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the so called Star Wars fans didn't follow through with Andor, especially younger kids.

I watched the first 2 seasons of Mandalorian and thought it was good. I didn't like what they did with Boba Fett though. He killed about 100 troopers and shot down 2 space ships with one rocket then they went into a bar and he got his ass whipped by some rando girl. So I skipped Boba Fett and Kenobi after a friend who is really into Star Wars told me not to bother. I was watching a review and the guy was saying Andor is really good but it was only Star Wars show not to crack top 10 on streaming so he guessed it might be because of Boba Fett and Kenobi.

It looks like Disney is having some issues...their last Star Wars and last 3 Marvel shows didn't crack top 10 in streaming. I'll have to check Andor out when I get some time. I've heard its a slow burn but that's ok as long as its building to something.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:58 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I watched the first 2 seasons of Mandalorian and thought it was good. I didn't like what they did with Boba Fett though. He killed about 100 troopers and shot down 2 space ships with one rocket then they went into a bar and he got his ass whipped by some rando girl. So I skipped Boba Fett and Kenobi after a friend who is really into Star Wars told me not to bother. I was watching a review and the guy was saying Andor is really good but it was only Star Wars show not to crack top 10 on streaming so he guessed it might be because of Boba Fett and Kenobi.

It looks like Disney is having some issues...their last Star Wars and last 3 Marvel shows didn't crack top 10 in streaming. I'll have to check Andor out when I get some time. I've heard its a slow burn but that's ok as long as its building to something.

The Marvel movies and shows haven't been good enough to justify having so many. Spiderman, Wandavision, Dr Strange, and Loki are the only things I liked.

The Boys, Umbrella Academy and Peacemaker also feel fresher and more innovative.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
The Marvel movies and shows haven't been good enough to justify having so many. Spiderman, Wandavision, Dr Strange, and Loki are the only things I liked.

The Boys, Umbrella Academy and Peacemaker also feel fresher and more innovative.

I don't think Spiderman is even Marvel is it? It think its Sony so they don't even get credit for that one. I tried watching Moon Knight and She-Hulk but could only make it a couple episodes. Moon Knight was so weird it was just a goofy dude that kept needing saved by his ex-wife or whoever she was. She-Hulk was...I can't even describe how brutal that was. I think it was supposed to be a comedy. They missed an opportunity with Moon Knight. They should of went R rating or close to and had him battle serial killers and werewolves and stuff like the comic.

I've heard 1st season of The Boys was good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:25 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
Brick wrote:

I don't think Spiderman is even Marvel is it? It think its Sony so they don't even get credit for that one. I tried watching Moon Knight and She-Hulk but could only make it a couple episodes. Moon Knight was so weird it was just a goofy dude that kept needing saved by his ex-wife or whoever she was. She-Hulk was...I can't even describe how brutal that was. I think it was supposed to be a comedy. They missed an opportunity with Moon Knight. They should of went R rating or close to and had him battle serial killers and werewolves and stuff like the comic.

I've heard 1st season of The Boys was good.

Think I've only seen two Marvel movies, the original Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy but I don't really know what is all in their universe so maybe there has been a few more. I really enjoyed the first couple seasons of The Boys. This last one was a bit edgier.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:45 am 

trying to keep marvel going past the prime setup and story arc was always going to result in diminished interest. they have to scrape the barrel and tweak so much to try and make it interesting whereas Cap, Iron Man, etc are inherently what people wanted to see. Anyone who says She Hulk is great is a liar.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:04 am 
1000 CLUB

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
trying to keep marvel going past the prime setup and story arc was always going to result in diminished interest. they have to scrape the barrel and tweak so much to try and make it interesting whereas Cap, Iron Man, etc are inherently what people wanted to see. Anyone who says She Hulk is great is a liar.

The showrunner for She-Hulk said she made a lousy show on purpose to troll people. So I guess I was being trolled and didn't even know it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:23 pm 

that makes no sense.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

I couldn't really understand what she was getting at she sounded like a crazy person. They wanted people to say the show sucks then they did something in last episode that was a burn on people who thought it sucked. I didn't see the final episode so I have no idea what she is talking about. I'm sure she won't be doing anything else for Disney.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
MongoMuller wrote:
I couldn't really understand what she was getting at she sounded like a crazy person. They wanted people to say the show sucks then they did something in last episode that was a burn on people who thought it sucked. I didn't see the final episode so I have no idea what she is talking about. I'm sure she won't be doing anything else for Disney.

Instead of creating a legitimately good show that, ideally, would appeal to as many people as possible they intentionally created a bad show that most people would dislike in order to annoy a small percentage of people on Twitter?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:38 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Go woke and go broke. The oversaturation of women empowerment in the Marvel world coupled with the cancel culture of the Mandalorian girl has lost a lot of fans.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:55 pm 

sounds like a Cover My Ass situation - "oh, shit, people fucking hate this show we made...hmmm...jokes on you, we did it on purpose because....fuck Trump and other white men, right?" (probably)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:22 pm 

I don’t know how many people have Disney +. Certainly not as many as some other streaming services. Not an excuse for Andor. I admit it’s not for every Star Wars fan, but a lot are missing out on it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:07 am 

It was a nice episode and we get to see what the fans have been waiting for. The escape wasn't quite as exciting as I'd hoped but it did pay off and leaves us with even more questions about what is next for all of our main characters. Two more episodes to go and then the question of when the 2nd half comes out. I read that the entire series has been shot already, which makes sense. Hopefully a late summer return but I'm sure it depends on their other programming and if anything else falls out of bed for them.