It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Smile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:45 am 

its not a great story but it is very well done. They relied on jump scares a few times but did set a good level of anxiety throughout. I think the end is muddled, but by the time you get there, who cares. Worthy of a look during the Halloween season. Somehow Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon produced a not hot child but I think she can really act.

Post subject: Re: Smile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:49 am 

i will probably wait for this one to come to a streaming service or something but i think "halloween ends" will be a must on friday. i just want to get it over with but i am pretty much pot committed to it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:20 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
its not a great story but it is very well done. They relied on jump scares a few times but did set a good level of anxiety throughout. I think the end is muddled, but by the time you get there, who cares. Worthy of a look during the Halloween season. Somehow Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon produced a not hot child but I think she can really act.

While I have little interest in the movie, the original commercials were oddly disturbing. It isn't surprising that the movie was well done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:25 pm 

W_Z wrote:
i will probably wait for this one to come to a streaming service or something but i think "halloween ends" will be a must on friday. i just want to get it over with but i am pretty much pot committed to it.

Saw the original in a giant old theater in it's first release. I've never heard such screams of terror from the audiences. It's kinda sad that they're still making the same sequels almost fifty years later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
W_Z wrote:

I'll probably watch it Friday on Peacock.