It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:50 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Is there just one more episode? The theory above makes a lot of sense.

that Hjarmolsen could manage being with a small chested woman?

I mean, sure, in theory he could. The reality is the eye would always be wandering.

Never understood adult men who don’t appreciate an ample busom.

And as an aside iirc about a month or two ago an entertainer was complaining about having to have a few cases of the swill that is rice beer to Europe for his stay.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
i never said i didnt appreciate a large breasted woman. I said id be able to manage. I find many qualities attractive in women that are not related to bust size

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:13 am 

Not a bad ending.

Jennifer Coolidge probably enjoyed playing John McClaine for once in her life. She probably would have enjoyed being written into Season 3 even more.

They still never answered whether Uncle Rico had any role in this, if he was a cheater or if he was just legitimately busy with work. It would be funny if he were back with a new wife and cash in season 3, with him being the deceased at the end.

The end was kid of unbelievable. The fanook mafia doesn't strike me as particularly capable of pulling off the crime we are left to believe they were trying to commit. There were so many loose ends, so to speak, that they would have had to tie up to make the plot work even if they had killed Coolidge. I also wasn't convinced of the last minute change of heart of the nephew.

The show is fun and sexy and interesting but the story in both seasons hasn't exactly been tight. It doesn't matter. He is essentially writing a long form Fantasy Island episode.

Will watch another season

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It was a fun season with plenty of interesting characters and plot lines. The ending was missing shock value and did not tie up everything that was foreshadowed. But overall worth the small commitment of a short seven episode season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Both seasons are very watchable. I thought S1 was better on the strength of the hotel manager; this season had way too much Jennifer Coolidge. Most of the plots seem like “a week in the life of [some awful person]” without much of a point aside from showcasing beautiful scenery.

The ending was ridiculous but overall, it was a fine show.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I enjoyed it as well. Greg was definitely in on it as that’s why he was so upset that Portia was on the trip.

The Internet seems to love that the Italian prostitute “won” this season. I sort of felt bad for Albie. Seems to be the feminist take, that a woman outsmarted the men—losing site of the fact that she was a hooker that sold her body to three different guys in a week to “win.”

Did Cam’s wife and Ethan hook up? I assume so, showing that open marriages make marriage better. I have a friend who is trying that out in real life—we’ll see how that works out for them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Thank Christ Tanya will not be in Season 3.

Heisenberg wrote:
The Internet seems to love that the Italian prostitute “won” this season. I sort of felt bad for Albie. Seems to be the feminist take, that a woman outsmarted the men—losing site of the fact that she was a hooker that sold her body to three different guys in a week to “win.”

I'm not surprised that's what the Internet thinks. That doesn't seem like a pleasant or sustainable way to live and there's a good chance something goes very wrong.

Heisenberg wrote:
Did Cam’s wife and Ethan hook up? I assume so, showing that open marriages make marriage better. I have a friend who is trying that out in real life—we’ll see how that works out for them.

The way it was shot I wasn't sure if Daphne was going to try to kill Ethan or have sex with him...or if she simply wanted to see that place.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:19 pm 

out of all the detestable characters, their is no worse than Lucia. Everyone else seemed to at least used the week for self development, that will make their lives and the people around them happier forever. Lucia took a short cut to earning money. She learned nothing other than how to con, which she will most likely be doing her entire life. When she owns her shop, she will scam customers.

As I wrote before, I wouldn't be happy about the portrayal of Italians if I were an Italian. That level of ammorality should be reserved for the gypsies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
good dolphin wrote:
out of all the detestable characters, their is no worse than Lucia. Everyone else seemed to at least used the week for self development, that will make their lives and the people around them happier forever. Lucia took a short cut to earning money. She learned nothing other than how to con, which she will most likely be doing her entire life. When she owns her shop, she will scam customers.

As I wrote before, I wouldn't be happy about the portrayal of Italians if I were an Italian. That level of ammorality should be reserved for the gypsies.

That's a bold take. You would put her below Quentin, who tricked and tried to kill an old lady just so he could steal her money to maintain his villa?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
They still never answered whether Uncle Rico had any role in this, if he was a cheater or if he was just legitimately busy with work. It would be funny if he were back with a new wife and cash in season 3, with him being the deceased at the end.

Of course he was in on it.

The real question is whether he and the Englishman were lovers and the whole marriage with Tonya was a long con or if he really is the straight cowboy that was described.

It would make sense that he's the connection to the next season. We'll see if he shows up with a new wife or with a hot young twink.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:55 am 
Site Admin

Heisenberg wrote:
I sort of felt bad for Albie. Seems to be the feminist take, that a woman outsmarted the men

Albie was obviously a naif who didn't realize she was a hooker. But he wasn't an idiot. My take was that he knew he was being taken and he didn't really care. He was hoping that may not be the case, but he really wasn't surprised. I hope Lucia gets to open her store.

You know, there have been three times in my life when a guy came up to me with a sad story about needing 10 or 20 bucks to get his family home and told me that if I gave him my mailing address he would send the cash to me as soon as he was home. All three times I gave the guys my money and my information. I knew the money would never come, but I was hoping it would. And if it happens again, I'll give the guy my money and information and I'll hope. I think that's where Albie was.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The real question is whether he and the Englishman were lovers and the whole marriage with Tonya was a long con or if he really is the straight cowboy that was described.

It would make sense that he's the connection to the next season. We'll see if he shows up with a new wife or with a hot young twink.

I love when a writer seamlessly weaves a tangential character into unrelated stories. It's a skill. I think it would be really cool if Mike White has a plan for Rico in the end, like the entire existence of the stories of the white lotus hinged on him

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:30 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I love when a writer seamlessly weaves a tangential character into unrelated stories. It's a skill. I think it would be really cool if Mike White has a plan for Rico in the end, like the entire existence of the stories of the white lotus hinged on him

That really would be genius since he seemed like such an insignificant character in Tonya's arc.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I binge watched season 1 and 2.

1 was terrific. the Aussie guy who played Armond made the entire show.

Season 2 was a completely different show. Very boring at times and the main actress just couldn't pull it off trying to be the star of the show.