Post subject: What's worse
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Godfather 3, Caddyshack 2, or Rocky 5?

Post subject: Re: What's worse
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:56 pm 

Caddyshack 2

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
RFDC wrote:
Caddyshack 2

That's a slam dunk.

I had a friend who once quoted Caddyshack 2. It was bizarre. Everyone just kind of stared at him, not to be funny, but in a pissed-off way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:49 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caddyshack 2

That's a slam dunk.

I had a friend who once quoted Caddyshack 2. It was bizarre. Everyone just kind of stared at him, not to be funny, but in a pissed-off way.

Yeah, only Blues Brothers 2000 comes close to the level of badness/disgust of Caddyshack 2.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:38 am 

"caddyshack 2" should've never been made when rodney dropped out. i love jackie mason but this movie was not only painfully unfunny, it was shown *all* the time when it hit HBO.

"nobody's fool" was wasted on this flick!

luckily robert stack went on to do his most masterful work afterward.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Caddyshack 2 might be the worst movie ever made. There is fun to be found in Birdemic, The Room, and even Dangerous Men. There is no fun to be found in Caddyshack 2 only anger watching joke after joke not land.

Its amazing Aykroyd got Miss Daisy after that performance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:11 am 

The creators of Caddyshack should have been thrilled that they got away with a profit from the making of that first movie. 2 was just straight out thievery.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
I think The Godfather 3 gets a bad rap. Yeah, compared to the first two it sucked, but it's really not that bad of a movie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:45 am 

Franky T wrote:
I think The Godfather 3 gets a bad rap. Yeah, compared to the first two it sucked, but it's really not that bad of a movie.

Godfather 3 and Rocky 5 are award winning movies compared to Caddyshack 2.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Godfather 3 isn’t that bad. It’s not great and seems to encourage incest, but it only looks truly awful because it followed two of the best movies ever made.

Rocky V has some solid moments. “Ay-yo Tommy, I didn’t hear no bell,” was great.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
RFDC wrote:
Caddyshack 2

That's a slam dunk.

One of my first dates with my first wife was to see Caddyshack 2 at the Twin Drive-In in Wheeling. It was a harbinger of our marriage.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:58 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Godfather 3 isn’t that bad. It’s not great and seems to encourage incest, but it only looks truly awful because it followed two of the best movies ever made.

Rocky V has some solid moments. “Ay-yo Tommy, I didn’t hear no bell,” was great.

Good point about Godfather 3. It definitely suffers because the previous 2 were such good movies.

Rocky 5 is somewhat similar. Rocky 4 is beloved by so many and then Rocky 5 just does not seem to measure up. But it is not really that bad. I love the George Washington Duke character. He is great in that movie.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
RFDC wrote:

Good point about Godfather 3. It definitely suffers because the previous 2 were such good movies.

You are going to be judged against your previous work though. If Voodoo Lounge had been the first album by some heretofore unknown band people would probably talk about how great it is. But because it's the Stones it can never measure up to Sticky Fingers, Exile, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:29 am 

Sue me for what?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caddyshack 2

That's a slam dunk.

Yeah, only Blues Brothers 2000 comes close to the level of badness/disgust of Caddyshack 2.

THIS. Blues Brothers 2000 may not be worse than Caddyshack 2, but it's creation was a disgrace. I was furious when they released it. I won't watch it.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:45 am 

I liked both Rocky 4 and 5. But number 4 was like a bunch of music videos with a movie filling in the spaces. Rocky 5 at least was something different than the previous two movies and it had some great lines.

"You knocked him down, why don't you try knocking me down"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:49 am 

There are some good lines in Rocky 5

On a side note anyone else checked out Tulsa King with Stallone? First episode had some funny moments

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
BigW72 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caddyshack 2

That's a slam dunk.

THIS. Blues Brothers 2000 may not be worse than Caddyshack 2, but it's creation was a disgrace. I was furious when they released it. I won't watch it.

me either.

I'm one of the few guys that thinks Caddyshack 1 largely sucks. Blues Brothers is an all time great though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:38 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caddyshack 2

That's a slam dunk.

me either.

I'm one of the few guys that thinks Caddyshack 1 largely sucks. Blues Brothers is an all time great though.

Caddyshack is wildly overloved imho, it was so schlocky that I've never had the desire to watch 2. The Blues Brothers 2000 was a joke from inception that everyone sensible saw from the beginning.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Regular Reader wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caddyshack 2

That's a slam dunk.

me either.

Caddyshack is wildly overloved imho, it was so schlocky that I've never had the desire to watch 2. The Blues Brothers 2000 was a joke from inception that everyone sensible saw from the beginning.

You're right. There's a sweet spot for Caddyshack. If you were born somewhere in the 60's you probably love it. If you weren't, you really don't get it. I was born in the late 70's and I've never understood why that movie is loved, and I say that as someone who worked as a caddy for two years.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Ghostbusters also wildly overrated. I still have yet to get through the entire thing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:35 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
You're right. There's a sweet spot for Caddyshack. If you were born somewhere in the 60's you probably love it. If you weren't, you really don't get it. I was born in the late 70's and I've never understood why that movie is loved, and I say that as someone who worked as a caddy for two years.

I’m not a huge fan of the movie. It’s a messy, clumsy story but it has moments of comic brilliance. It’s watchable and Ted Knight is great but it’s not a classic for me. That still doesn’t excuse how awful “Caddyshack 2” is.

While we’re at it…”Teen Wolf Too” (which I saw in the theater) also cannot be forgiven.