It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:48 am 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/nbc-e ... r-AA163yGl

Quote:
Nearly 19 months after the Peacock Network handed Fallon a whopping $80 million five-year contract extension, The Tonight Show is drawing under 1.3 million eyeballs — less than half the audience of upstart Gutfeld!

Quote:
Another insider insisted Jimmy’s ratings are solid but another source added, “There have already been shake-ups in the production staff, and even with Jimmy’s contract, he isn’t immune. NBC would buy him out if they believe they can find another host who can deliver more viewers.”

Quote:
This week it was announced that Chelsea Handler, Sarah Silverman, Leslie Jones, Wanda Sykes, and D.L. Hughley will all be guest hosts in the next couple of weeks.

imagine losing your job to chelsea handler HAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
I thought Sarah Silverman was canceled

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Late night is now who can deliver the best Instagram content.

James Corden is already leaving CBS next year. Seth Myers is rumored to be leaving to go back to SNL when Lorne Michaels probably retires at the 50th anniversary. There are no lead ins from local news because nobody under 70 watches.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think the Crying Men era of late-night TV demonstrated that the concept has run its course. Now that The Tonight Show is dead, they'll let a woman host it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Curious Hair wrote:
I think the Crying Men era of late-night TV demonstrated that the concept has run its course. Now that The Tonight Show is dead, they'll let a woman host it.

kaitlyn jenner, come on down...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Hussra wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

kaitlyn jenner, come on down...

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The crying, male, pussbag, ultra liberal late night monopoly is just some downright awful television. I've never watched Corden but amongst the others Fallon was the most tolerable if that is even a thing with how awful they all are. Kimmel is the absolute worst because he is the loudest and proudest new member of the club. I had no idea that they were going to opt against putting SNL out of its misery but instead make it exponentially worse by bringing back a guy that could be one of the worst cast members of al time to run the thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:56 pm 

i still think if conan didnt try to conform he would still have the tonight show and dwarf all other shows. he was never the same after that shitshow. i also think the same of steve colbert but apparently a lot of people like him more now for some reason.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:05 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
No, all the machinations to keep Conan and Leno were always going to cost them Conan or both. NBC should have just let him go to ABC or Fox.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I’m not surprised late-night tv is failing. I can’t think of one person I know who ever mentions who or what was on the tonight show the night before let alone all the copycats. When I think of the tonight show I think of my parents, and I’m no youngster myself. I watch a some sports, maybe a movie or something with my wife, a little YouTube and lights out. Too much other entertainment at a my fingertips to waste time sitting through ads and guests I don’t care about. Especially since you can watch specific segments of interest the next day. Network tv is dead.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:39 pm 

the ads are part of it and yea, plenty of other content now that doesnt pander to mainstream bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:43 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Late night needs a Trump victory in 2024 and it'll be fine. Making fun of Biden feels too much like elder abuse to do it night after night.