Post subject: Re: The Last of Us - HBO
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
im on the fence if that trailer is legit or fan made

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
I think it is fan made. The music isn't even right. There is a clip with Nolan that is legit. A guy in power armor hands him a Nuka Cola. The set looks to be California so maybe based more on 1st game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:04 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
this show sucks ass.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:32 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
this show sucks ass.

why is that?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Nice use of the Pearl Jam song "All Or None" early in the episode. Wasn't the most exciting episode but it does help explain the female character to the viewer a little bit better. I know that some of the people that are fans of the game have been pretty hard on the show. I found it relatively interesting but kind of wished that we would have seen what happened to the characters after the dust up at the end of the episode. Likely will play out in another part of the show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:27 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Nice use of the Pearl Jam song "All Or None" early in the episode. Wasn't the most exciting episode but it does help explain the female character to the viewer a little bit better. I know that some of the people that are fans of the game have been pretty hard on the show. I found it relatively interesting but kind of wished that we would have seen what happened to the characters after the dust up at the end of the episode. Likely will play out in another part of the show.

looks like next week will pick that up

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:58 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Ok interesting. I couldn't figure out what time frame next weeks episode was taking place in. I assumed she left looking for medicine or something but maybe that is where she ends up after the mall.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I’ve come to the conclusion that this is a zombie show made for people who don’t like zombie shows.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:46 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Ok interesting. I couldn't figure out what time frame next weeks episode was taking place in. I assumed she left looking for medicine or something but maybe that is where she ends up after the mall.

yeah, it should be timeframe of the house she brought Joel to and like you said, probably searching for stuff. They showed her with the rifle he was using. Either runs into that group of new randos, or maybe theyre tied to the dudes that got fucked up at the university when joel took the bat handle to the tummy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:57 am 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’ve come to the conclusion that this is a zombie show made for people who don’t like zombie shows.

I haven't watched last 2 episodes I've lost interest. Maybe I'll get caught up again later. They hype is interesting I guess we'll see if it holds. Its #6 in streaming up to the episode they claim they had to trick people to watch. We'll see if there is drop off when some people realize this isn't the show they thought they were getting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:25 pm 

How would you classify walking dead?

I thought some of the best episodes were zombie free

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Walking Dead did a better job building their world IMO. With Last of Us I don't understand how their world works as far as the zombies and the various factions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:28 pm 

:lol: This seals it, with this thread I was moved not to watch this show (I'd been on the fence a bit). But with this line I've laughingly lost interest.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:21 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
Walking Dead did a better job building their world IMO. With Last of Us I don't understand how their world works as far as the zombies and the various factions.

That's because the world feels like a video game. Beat the Boston level, move to the Kansas City level. Beat that, and move to Jackson, WY level. They've traveled thousands of miles, but you don't see any of it. The world could just as easily be Chicago, Naperville, and Joliet. Story would make just as much sense, and maybe there would be some interaction between the different groups.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah that was a strange choice. They really should of stretched the first game out to 2 seasons so they could show more of the world and the people that are in the episodes. Also the magnitude of the apocalypse keeps changing. In one episode the zombies are a serious problem then the next they aren't.

I wouldn't say its a bad show or tell anybody they shouldn't watch. Its ok. Its way better than most of the garbage we got recently like Blood Origin or Halo or Willow. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:31 pm 

I can easily see if it were fleshed out for world building, the same people would be complaining that its dragging too long and they shouldnt be making up side stories that werent in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:15 pm 

I can easily see if it were fleshed out for world building, the same people would be complaining that its dragging too long and they shouldnt be making up side stories that werent in the game.

That’s kind of what happened with the gay love story episode.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:58 pm 

and that was a good episode, i thought.

i dont need another version of what the walking dead did where each season is a new Evil Group To Overcome.

I could use some more visuals of running into craziness on their journey, whether its cities in ruins along the way, or having to sneak past maybe some anonymous group of raiders that somehow got a tank running. They dont need to be Negan-esque. Just a threat to get by here and there.

Then you can hit your story beats for a couple episode arcs once you reach a spot along the way

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah it would have to be done well. If I was HBO and I knew what was coming I'd insist they stretch the first game out to 2 seasons. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:51 am 
1000 CLUB

The brother not going with them to Colorado was one of the dumbest things I've seen in a show. Seriously wtf was that. The very pathetic Joel character even begs him...I'm worthless now...dying oath...savior of humanity and still no. Imagine brothers acting like that. Then 5 minutes later they're rolling up to the university. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:09 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
The brother not going with them to Colorado was one of the dumbest things I've seen in a show. Seriously wtf was that. The very pathetic Joel character even begs him...I'm worthless now...dying oath...savior of humanity and still no. Imagine brothers acting like that. Then 5 minutes later they're rolling up to the university. :lol:

Guy has a kid on the way and lives in the nicest place in the world (suburbs win again). That’s not even a tough decision.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm guessing you don't have a brother. The trip wasn't a suicide mission. They made it clear other people had gone there and returned. Based on what they know they drop her off and return to Jackson to live out their days as a family. Based on what happpens they shoot the shit out of some fools armed with bats and return to Jackson. Instead dipshit gets impaled and might die.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:44 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
I'm guessing you don't have a brother. The trip wasn't a suicide mission. They made it clear other people had gone there and returned. Based on what they know they drop her off and return to Jackson to live out their days as a family. Based on what happpens they shoot the shit out of some fools armed with bats and return to Jackson. Instead dipshit gets impaled and might die.

I do. If choosing between them, pregnant wife and/or children win 10 times out of 10.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:24 am 
1000 CLUB

She's pushing 50 and 2 months pregnant with whatever passes for medical care in this world. The kid should of already been born then his choice would at least make some sense. Its not a choice of one over the other they're 20 years into the inconvenience so they should like their chances of survival if both go. Plus if you get smoked they're communists so the state will make sure your kid is taken care of. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Idk if it's in the game or whatever but this Joel as a superhero assassin is getting tired. not really interesting to see him shoot down an entire army of armed militants. yawn

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:41 pm 

Finale very bad. I look forward to complaining about next season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:17 am 

Caught up on the last two episodes and finished the finale this morning. They left it open to another season but I think they should just pull the plug on this. I was really looking forward to it and just never went anywhere and I don't think I want to see another season of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:28 am 

It really is a live action video game. There is no continuity from episode to episode. Each one is a "level", and once cleared, nothing carries over to the next.