It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Movie got a lot of hype so I saw it was available last night.

What a piece of boring shit ever that was made.

Whole story is about a guy who doesn't want to be a friend of another guy. That's it. Then the one guy just roams around his farm for 2 hours trying to figure it out.

How can this garbage be up for awards?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:37 am 

did you ever find the elusive white turkey lunchmeat you were looking for?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
A friend told me this movie was great and kept insisting I see it. Maybe I'm stupid or I missed something, but I just didn't get it. I don't really know much about the history of the Irish Civil War but I'm guessing that the relationship between the two primary characters may have been an allegory for the larger conflict that was occurring on the mainland. I don't know. In any case, I agree that it was boring and I'd say ridiculous. But there were a few funny moments and Colin Farrell was pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:17 pm 

Just watch “In Bruges”. And if you already have, watch it again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
I had high hopes for this. It was awful.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:20 pm 

W_Z wrote:

You have a good memory. No I did not. I was hospitalized for most of last year and didnt get a chance. I did go to a few deli's before that and never found it. It was always honey turkey deli or smoked turkey deli.

ohhhhh how i miss a natural plain deli sliced turkey. That smell! Even though first time I smelled it as a kid I thought it smelled of fart but I guess I got use to it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:23 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
A friend told me this movie was great and kept insisting I see it. Maybe I'm stupid or I missed something, but I just didn't get it. I don't really know much about the history of the Irish Civil War but I'm guessing that the relationship between the two primary characters may have been an allegory for the larger conflict that was occurring on the mainland. I don't know. In any case, I agree that it was boring and I'd say ridiculous. But there were a few funny moments and Colin Farrell was pretty good.

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
I had high hopes for this. It was awful.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:03 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
W_Z wrote:

You have a good memory. No I did not. I was hospitalized for most of last year and didnt get a chance. I did go to a few deli's before that and never found it. It was always honey turkey deli or smoked turkey deli.

ohhhhh how i miss a natural plain deli sliced turkey. That smell! Even though first time I smelled it as a kid I thought it smelled of fart but I guess I got use to it.

Boar’s Head has a 46% lower sodium Turkey that appears to be white turkey. But it’s not that good…I prefer No Salt Added, because it’s almost like eating fresh Turkey because it’s not processed with all the salt. Doesn’t last long in the fridge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:28 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
W_Z wrote:

sorry to hear about your hospital stay and I hope you are in good health now

Are you still living in Hawaii or did you move back to the mainland?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I enjoyed the movie.

I haven't quite worked through the symbolism. I know nothing about the civil war either. I might have thought the five fingers represented northern ireland if it were five counties instead of six. God/Mary were looking down on all their actions but I haven't hashed that one out either. The animals seemed to be in the know at all times and there is probably something to one keeping a little donkey and the other keeping a smart border collie as a pet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:47 pm 

W_Z wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Boar’s Head has a 46% lower sodium Turkey that appears to be white turkey. But it’s not that good…I prefer No Salt Added, because it’s almost like eating fresh Turkey because it’s not processed with all the salt. Doesn’t last long in the fridge.

I went to the grocery store this weekend. Asked one of the deli ppl and she said they haven't sold white turkey meat in a very long time.

Then I had got some lunch and Jersey Mikes and I saw the kid slicing up to what looked like old fashioned white turkey meat! It was too busy to ask but next time I go there I'll try to go during a slower hour for them and ask. Kid may not know shit but maybe the manager will know.