It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disney
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Rogue One did extensive reshoots after adding Tony Gilroy as a writer and scrapping Gareth Edwards’ stuff and MANY consider it a great movie. I wouldn’t give it great odds, but it can work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:46 pm 

They only really need to make a few average movies to get through this until they solve it all by bringing back the Avengers that left and combining them with the X-Men.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Do they have to announce these things publicly?

Seems like they’re pre-messaging that the movie sucks so they need to Frankenstein something watchable.

Its usually a combination of announcements and sources. A couple of weeks ago they announced it had been pushed back to 2025 so Variety and others investigated why and their sources told them it tested poorly at screenings for executives and would need extensive re-shoots or even scrapped. Then when they announce they're bringing in a new writer when principal ended in June it confirms what the sources told them. They were counting on this one too it was supposed to fill the gap until Deadpool 3 which isn't even finished shooting yet.

The sources when it comes to Disney seem to be very good. I suspect some of them are disgruntled employees like the Marvel execs that attended New York Comic-Con a week before The Marvels release and told the organizers wait until you see this POS.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Rogue One did extensive reshoots after adding Tony Gilroy as a writer and scrapping Gareth Edwards’ stuff and MANY consider it a great movie. I wouldn’t give it great odds, but it can work.

In 2016 Disney calls on Tony Gilroy to save them. In 2023 they call on the guy that did a lousy job on Moon Knight. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
KDdidit wrote:

Did not know that. I did know that the original score was scrapped and Michael Giacchino came in late and did an unbelievable job. Crazy how good the movie came out with all the turmoil.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:24 pm 

Jonathan Majors out as Kang after being found guilty of something or other. Kang supposedly will continue as the main villain in the current phase.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
KDdidit wrote:
Jonathan Majors out as Kang after being found guilty of something or other. Kang supposedly will continue as the main villain in the current phase.

Sounds like Majors super power was roughing up women. :eye:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

In the trial they played audio of him telling the GF he roughed up she needed to be more like Coretta Scott King. I believe he was trying to explain he's a Martin Luther King-like figure who needed a strong woman by his side so she needed to up her game.

Kang is garbage...he's already had his ass beat by some ants and Ms. Loki and who knows who else I lost track. Disney needs to stop and call it a day.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:38 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Sounds like Majors super power was roughing up women. :eye:

He would have been easy to root against, they’re missing an opportunity.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Disney released 11 movies in 2023 and only one movie turned a profit. Guardians made 28 million dollars. The rest lost close to 1.5 billion combined. I think that number will go up too they always do when the UK tax filing is made public. The losses for Indy 5 and The Marvels no surprise but Haunted Mansion losing almost 200 million was surprising. They've lost complete control of the budgets...when Haunted Mansion is greenlit it should be with 40 million attached not 160 million. Wish losing 200 million plus is the one Disney should be scared about the most. That's more a reflection of the brand than the lousy movie.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:47 am 

We just waited for most of them on Disney plus.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Based on subscriber count for Disney+ that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm sure that was part of the plan filling the Disney+ library with things people want but they filled it with dogshit. When they complete purchase of Hulu I wonder if Disney+ will go away and they'll just roll everything into Hulu.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
MongoMuller wrote:
Disney released 11 movies in 2023 and only one movie turned a profit. Guardians made 28 million dollars. The rest lost close to 1.5 billion combined. I think that number will go up too they always do when the UK tax filing is made public. The losses for Indy 5 and The Marvels no surprise but Haunted Mansion losing almost 200 million was surprising. They've lost complete control of the budgets...when Haunted Mansion is greenlit it should be with 40 million attached not 160 million. Wish losing 200 million plus is the one Disney should be scared about the most. That's more a reflection of the brand than the lousy movie.

How many years do they wait to consider all the worldwide numbers, streaming and all of that in the total budget of a flick?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:28 am 
1000 CLUB

Streaming is losing money right now and they are saying its a model that won't work. I read an article that was saying the streamers want to push everyone to ad-tier which is why they are raising prices. They would rather have people on the ad-tier instead of the more expensive ad-free because they'll make more on the advertising. I think that ship has sailed people don't want to sit thru commercials anymore especially the commercials they make today which are awful.

They used to make a killing on the back end thru licensing and physical media but having their own streaming service that's losing billions killed that too. At least that's what they're blaming it on I suspect poor quality has a lot to do with it too. Seriously who watched Love and Thunder and thought damn I need to get this on 4k? Barbie was biggest movie of the year but it didn't cover Warner Bros. losses on The Flash and Aquaman and they are apparently headed for bankruptcy and Paramount isn't far behind.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:04 pm 

Brick wrote:
We just waited for most of them on Disney plus.

I used to watch them on Disney plus. But the movies have become so bad that I don't even bother to watch them anymore.

Even their target audience has lost touch with Disney. My daughter and I watched every Marvel movie on Disney up to Engame. She loved it and was excited for the next phase. She watched Shang Chi and started Wakonda Forever and couldn't make it through that dumpster trash. The new Thor movie was cringe worthy and should be deleted from the catalog.

My grandson 6yrs old LOVED the Black Panther and has ZERO interest in the new Black Panther. He turned it off and said that is not the Black Panther.

Only show that has been decent has been Loki. Shame because Mandalorian was the reason I started watching Disney Plus and they turned that into a pile of dog shit as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Apparently Disney revealed their 2024 line up and Andor Season 2 was not announced. Looking like 2025 now. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:50 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
Streaming is losing money right now and they are saying its a model that won't work. I read an article that was saying the streamers want to push everyone to ad-tier which is why they are raising prices. They would rather have people on the ad-tier instead of the more expensive ad-free because they'll make more on the advertising. I think that ship has sailed people don't want to sit thru commercials anymore especially the commercials they make today which are awful.

They used to make a killing on the back end thru licensing and physical media but having their own streaming service that's losing billions killed that too. At least that's what they're blaming it on I suspect poor quality has a lot to do with it too. Seriously who watched Love and Thunder and thought damn I need to get this on 4k? Barbie was biggest movie of the year but it didn't cover Warner Bros. losses on The Flash and Aquaman and they are apparently headed for bankruptcy and Paramount isn't far behind.

ever since netflix went with an ad option, i got the feeling eventually everything will just be a streaming version of regular cable tv. it'll be $19.99 for "premium" services (no ads), just like when you add a channel like HBO on cable. or they'll do package stuff (like on cable).

it's just a cycle. ads are never going away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:38 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Apparently Disney revealed their 2024 line up and Andor Season 2 was not announced. Looking like 2025 now. :(

Disappointing, but I get it with the strikes. Beats them rushing it out hopefully.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

1 out of 11 movies in 2023 made money and they got a C+. :lol:
Indy 5 cost a hell of a lot more than 300 million that was original production and they did massive re-shoots right up to release and that's not counting the 150 million marketing spend. We'll know real number when UK tax filing becomes public but with Disney they always come in higher.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is supposed to start shooting in April in the UK. Filming in the UK is smart, with the tax credit it turns that 300 million dollars loss into a more manageable 270 million dollar loss.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
The main character in the last trilogy was a woman. The hell is she talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:45 pm 

social injustice from a nerd film! GO GET THEM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:51 pm 

Franky T wrote:
The main character in the last trilogy was a woman. The hell is she talking about?

you could argue that Leia was part of a tri partite lead in the first three. She was always where the story was moving.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:29 pm 

Franky T wrote:

As director.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:48 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Franky T wrote:

As director.

Oh, F that then.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:00 pm 

I’d be fine with Kathryn Bigelow directing it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:32 pm 

why does it have to be a woman? when will they do the right thing and let a hermaphrodite direct a star wars movie?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:36 am 
1000 CLUB

Its about time we had a woman come forward and I am that woman. It shows they really do live in a bubble. Even people who don't care about any of this are watching them differently after South Park. Iger just said The Marvels flopped because of a lack of supervision on the set and they are letting an inexperienced documentarian manage their next 300 million dollar project. I doubt anyone asked Kennedy why she chose SOC. I'm guessing she was at one of her conferences for wrinkled old ladies and SOC was a speaker. She's already said her goal is to make men uncomfortable so 90% of the Star Wars fan base. Imagine being a theater owner trying to peddle this shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:40 am 

KDdidit wrote:
I’d be fine with Kathryn Bigelow directing it.

I had that same thought.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
MongoMuller wrote:
Its about time we had a woman come forward and I am that woman. It shows they really do live in a bubble. Even people who don't care about any of this are watching them differently after South Park. Iger just said The Marvels flopped because of a lack of supervision on the set and they are letting an inexperienced documentarian manage their next 300 million dollar project. I doubt anyone asked Kennedy why she chose SOC. I'm guessing she was at one of her conferences for wrinkled old ladies and SOC was a speaker. She's already said her goal is to make men uncomfortable so 90% of the Star Wars fan base. Imagine being a theater owner trying to peddle this shit.

Word on the street is at least 50% of Star Wars fans are women.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next