It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disney
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
They ruined Star Wars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I'm sorry, but I laughed. Ruined Star Wars. Is my Chewbacca action figure garbage now?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:06 pm 

You have action figures? I'm sorry, but I laughed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:11 pm 

I was being facetious. Ruining Star Wars is an oxymoron.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:54 pm 

And I was doing the same.

4-6 were on my list of favorite movies when I was little. They screwed it up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
You have action figures? I'm sorry, but I laughed.

I still have all my star war guys from when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:32 am 

Spaulding wrote:
And I was doing the same.

4-6 were on my list of favorite movies when I was little. They screwed it up.

What are your specific complaints?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:06 am 

I thought Hayden Christiansen was terrible. Jar Jar Binks was terrible. Those first 3 were boring, flat or something. Not great acting, not great writing. Too much cgi stuff. Darth Vader is maybe one of the best villains of all time. I felt like we were suppose to see essentially the rise and fall of a great man in those first 3 movies. I never got that. Darth Maul would have been a great villain he was in the movie for 10 minutes. It's like there was no character development of anyone and no impact characters.

I don't think we ever got an answer or story on Rey's family. They took the 3 characters that were suppose to replace the originals and split them up, it felt disjointed. They didn't reunite Han and Luke. Han was a loser divorcee flying around on his old ship, hand and leia were a let down. Leia flew thru space. Stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:32 am 

W_Z wrote:
That’s why I didn’t give a rating for “Infinity War”, and I am comfortable that I never did. It was just Act One of a total train wreck of logic. Although Iron Man’s death was deeply hearttugging.

Let me guess. You thought the villain in a comic book movie was going to just win in the end?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:33 am 

Brick wrote:
W_Z wrote:
That’s why I didn’t give a rating for “Infinity War”, and I am comfortable that I never did. It was just Act One of a total train wreck of logic. Although Iron Man’s death was deeply hearttugging.

Let me guess. You thought the villain in a comic book movie was going to just win in the end?

you don't have to guess, my thoughts are documented in the infinity forever thread.

the villain was never going to win. the notion that some people had, explaining that thanos was actually the main character was absurd. he was always going to get destroyed. and they came up with the most hackneyed idea to bring back the "dead" characters.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:37 am 

Spaulding wrote:
I thought Hayden Christiansen was terrible. Jar Jar Binks was terrible. Those first 3 were boring, flat or something. Not great acting, not great writing. Too much cgi stuff. Darth Vader is maybe one of the best villains of all time. I felt like we were suppose to see essentially the rise and fall of a great man in those first 3 movies. I never got that. Darth Maul would have been a great villain he was in the movie for 10 minutes. It's like there was no character development of anyone and no impact characters.

starting episode 1 with anakin as a kid was a mistake, unless you were going to have obi wan be the true main character, which should have happened. we knew anakin's story but we didn't really know much about obi wan. they could've really developed a story of how his friendship with anakin was like a platonic romeo & juliet. the jedi council believes anakin's going to go to the dark side, so obi wan should stop training him and befriending him. obi wan disobeys and continues to forge a friendship while anakin develops feelings for padme. it could've ended up a real tragic story. hell they even brought in tom stoppard to try and beef up the dialog and setups. but it was too little too late. episode 3 was definitely the best of that trilogy but it was still lacking a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah Z the first three were very odd. Almost as if Lucas was behind his first three movies ever with a new CGI PC. They must have just felt it would be fine due to the fan base and I guess financially they were right.

The last three were a chore by the end. Certainly not what I expected by quality and story. Too bad that someone like myself a fan since 10 years old found it a chore for those. I still was sucked in however and the money was made.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
EP 1 is the best of them all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:21 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

Kill yourself

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:23 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
W_Z wrote:
I don’t think the lack of big director experience is as key as the fact that the previous work is a completely different medium and approach. Taika had the perfect sense of humor and style that worked for “Ragnarok”.

Like, Rian Johnson made some but not many films before he took on “Star Wars” and he was the wrong person to take on that muddled project (although he probably didn’t have a chance no matter what). Going from “Looper” to “Star Wars” was a leap even if both were in the sci-fi realm. But in this case it’s even a bigger leap. Like the size of Springfield Gorge.

It’s true though that no matter what, Rey is going to be a tough character to give a shit about. However I bet Taika would make a great effort.

I think the problem is they aren't just making bad movies they're losing control of the project thru their inexperience or incompetence. They completed filming of The Marvels over 2 years ago and the movie was in such a state they had to spend 2 years trying to make it presentable. The 274 million dollar production budget was from 2 years ago before 5 major re-shoots. It was scheduled for an April release and they promoted it then pulled it back to work on it more. After re-shoots the production is well into the 300 millions and they marketed it twice so that's easily over 150 million on ad spend. Captain Falcon is the same situation with inexperienced probably incompetent director and that was completed in June and it looks like they've already decided to scrap it. The Eternals was a similar situation where another director had to step in.

Not a fan of Ragnarok and I really don't like Waititi the Dollar Store Dali. Did you see his comments the other day about Thor? What a POS. I don't care if he likes Thor or not at least make an effort. Thor was the most frustrating of the movies because they he had one of the great comic runs that would have been perfect for a trilogy and they pissed it away like they did everything. He also said his Star Wars movie will piss off the fans so that's what you want to hear about an IP that's on life support.

I think the main issue with sequel trilogy (which I haven't seen) is they weren't on the same page with the script. Kennedy is 100% incompetent...no organizational skills whatsoever. From the start they should of agreed on an outline of entire trilogy instead Abrams does his movie then Johnson goes in a strange direction then Abrams doesn't agree with that so tries to change it with the 3rd. What a mess.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Imagine owning Industrial Light and Magic and having to steal vfx technology from another company. We'll make you a deal...let us keep our profit from Beauty and the Beast and we'll give you the profit from Ant Man 3, Indy 5, The Marvels, and Wish instead... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

I find Rogue One to be the most rewatchable…except for the final CGI shot of Leia, which I’m hoping Lucasfilm fixes at some point.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:13 pm 

I think “Rogue One” is way better than that prequel trilogy but it lacks a lot of the character chemistry that a “Star Wars” movie should have. I liked the drab, post-apocalyptic feel and that there was no Jedi/Force representation. It was like…Blue Collar Star Wars.

But that robot was fucking annoying. I’m not into “audience characters”.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:37 am 

W_Z wrote:
I think “Rogue One” is way better than that prequel trilogy but it lacks a lot of the character chemistry that a “Star Wars” movie should have. I liked the drab, post-apocalyptic feel and that there was no Jedi/Force representation. It was like…Blue Collar Star Wars.

Rogue One might be the best of all the Star Wars movies.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
W_Z wrote:

as long as you're comfortable with your decision.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
W_Z wrote:

the blind guy has the force, what you talking about?

And the robot was one of the funniest SW characters ever.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:58 am 

I guess technically but he wasn’t a Jedi. That’s more what I mean. I’ll amend my statement. I liked that it focused more on regular joes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
One of the many reasons Andor was so good

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Do not care what anyone says Rouge One was an almost perfect movie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The problem with Rogue One was that there was as a better movie that got edited down because Disney wasn’t woke enough to really lean into Jyn, Andor, and Saw being straight up terrorists and “bad” guys. Instead they were boring resistance fighters, other than one scene where Andor ices his informant. The teaser trailer has a bunch of stuff that’s nowhere in the movie. It’s still great.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:58 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
One of the many reasons Andor was so good

I still need to check that out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

This should scare Disney. An animated feature that flopped hard during the holidays. The split with theaters is roughly 50/50 so Disney made 50 million on a movie that cost them 300 million (production and marketing). This movie has stalled out already. Some veteran animators are claiming this was directed by AI it looks so bland and generic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:50 pm 

Maybe giant eyeballs has run its course.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:52 am 
1000 CLUB

They should try hiring the writer then shooting the film instead of the other way around. This wrapped up in June. 5 months of "re-shoots" is longer than most films principal photography. Its a mystery why they can't keep a film under 300 million production.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Do they have to announce these things publicly?

Seems like they’re pre-messaging that the movie sucks so they need to Frankenstein something watchable.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next