It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disney
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
This is going to be even worse than expected. The Flash is one of the biggest bombs of all-time. Is it possible this doesn't even do 40 domestic opening weekend?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
$47m weekend...disastrous.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:42 am 
1000 CLUB

It has 2 end credit scenes. In the first one Marvel Jr. is organizing an all new Avengers team. Instead of the characters people liked like Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, etc. she's contacting Ant-Man Daughter, Hawkeye Girl, Iron Man Girl, and Dr. Strange Girl.

In the 2nd scene diverse Marvel goes thru a portal and meets the X-Men. So the people waiting on an X-Men movie just watched their movie get injected with AIDS. A shit character from a terrible movie is going to take over their movie.

They finished shooting Captain Falcon America in June and they already pushed it off until 2025. That means its a POS and they need to try and figure something out.

I don't see how they aren't going to shut everything down and start over. The problem is they'll start everything over with the same people who ruined it in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:53 am 

It seems like super hero movies are like a trendy, hot restaurant that fell out of favor. Smart restauranteurs know when to shut it down and move on to the next concept. The movie studios don't seem to understand. Just move on. There are a million other stories out there that cost less to make.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
It seems like super hero movies are like a trendy, hot restaurant that fell out of favor. Smart restauranteurs know when to shut it down and move on to the next concept. The movie studios don't seem to understand. Just move on. There are a million other stories out there that cost less to make.

In this analogy, the restauranteurs decided to make food for people who don’t like to eat.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:06 am 
1000 CLUB

I think the biggest problem is the stuff they're making is garbage. The genre is wide enough where fatigue shouldn't be a problem. The characters are very different so the movies should be different but they all end up the same because the writers and directors don't know anything about the source material. I think there is a lot of arrogance involved...they want to do their story not the popular story in the comic book written by someone with way more talent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:12 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
I don't see how they aren't going to shut everything down and start over. The problem is they'll start everything over with the same people who ruined it in the first place.
They don't need to start everything over. Captain Marvel was basically written out of the last two Avengers movies. They'll write her and her friends out of this one similarly and replace them with the X-Men and bring back the original Captain America and Iron Man from a different universe and then shut the door on the confusing and overplayed multiverse thing by basically making two more Avengers movies where it is like "Is that CGI Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther helping to kill Kang for the final time? Awesome.".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
They don't need to start everything over. Captain Marvel was basically written out of the last two Avengers movies. They'll write her and her friends out of this one similarly and replace them with the X-Men and bring back the original Captain America and Iron Man from a different universe and then shut the door on the confusing and overplayed multiverse thing by basically making two more Avengers movies where it is like "Is that CGI Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther helping to kill Kang for the final time? Awesome.".

Captain Marvel was written out so an even worse character could take her place and is now in the next X-Men movie. :lol:

On the Disney side they need to fire everyone from Feige on down or it won't even matter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

I don't understand what they're doing here. So the diverse woman in the suit is a character from Norse mythology called Valkyrie who was a good character in the comic. No idea why she's dressed like that. Disney made her diverse and made her a lesbian and changed her name to King Valkyrie. They were going to make Captain Marvel a lesbian too and they would marry and she would become queen. Someone must have realized that was going too far even for them so they only hint at it. Also this is supposed to be a dramatic scene and nobody knows who in the hell she is. Look how its shot... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Its strange how their stock price is unaffected by bad news. Its shot up $15 after a bad conference call and more flops like The Marvels being down 87% second week and Wish is looking like a dud. They also announced they have to re-shoot 80% of their Captain Falcon America movie which finished shooting in June. I imagine they see something good coming but I can't even guess what that is everything in their pipeline looks like an expensive dud.

It was funny in their conference call they made a profit because of the strike. They weren't making any more flops which saved them a lot of money. They actually make more money by not making anything. Also they gained 500,000 core subscribers because of a $1.99 for 3 months promotion and giving Disney+ away for free if you buy a phone from Verizon or upgrade your plan. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:52 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
I don't understand what they're doing here. So the diverse woman in the suit is a character from Norse mythology called Valkyrie who was a good character in the comic. No idea why she's dressed like that. Disney made her diverse and made her a lesbian and changed her name to King Valkyrie. They were going to make Captain Marvel a lesbian too and they would marry and she would become queen. Someone must have realized that was going too far even for them so they only hint at it. Also this is supposed to be a dramatic scene and nobody knows who in the hell she is. Look how its shot... :lol:

PUT A WOMEN IN IT AND MAKE HER GAY!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:45 pm 

wasn't my favorite actor, Tessa Thompson, also in one of the Men In Black movies in that same suit?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
good dolphin wrote:
wasn't my favorite actor, Tessa Thompson, also in one of the Men In Black movies in that same suit?

there was about a 10 movie stretch where tessa thompson was in every movie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:29 pm 

Week 2 was even more calamitous: a 79% drop to $10.2m. Yikes!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hitting on movies is not an exact science. Like, say climate change or Covid.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Disney lost 23 million subscribers trying to cancel Elon. Looks like the people are fighting back against the Woke Mind Virus

https://dunning-kruger-times.com/disney ... elon-musk/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:47 pm 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/t ... 59cac&ei=9

Disney's latest Phase 5 film, The Marvels, has become the lowest-grossing MCU movie in history, generating only $197 million compared to The Incredible Hulk's $264.8 million.

Disney has decided to stop reporting on The Marvels' box office numbers due to its underwhelming performance, including a monumental 78% drop in its second weekend, the largest for any Marvel movie.

Disney CEO Bob Iger's explanation that the film suffered because it was shot during COVID and lacked executive supervision has caused controversy, as there are clearly other contributors, including 2023's strikes and undue hate aimed at the female-led production.

The SAG-AFTRA strike ended on November 9, 2023, so the fact that The Marvels' actors couldn't promote the film certainly harmed its box office performance. Evidently, these strikes were in response to studios not giving writers and actors fair working conditions and rights, yet Iger failed to take this into account when discussing The Marvels' commercial performance. Akin to 2019's Captain Marvel, it's also possible The Marvels received undue hate simply because the project was led by women, which means the project achieved far less than it deserved.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Iger and the board are beyond incompetent. This is the most mismanaged company I've ever seen. He should have some oversight over 300 million dollar projects one would think. When they had their big conference in September he wasn't even there. He's a turd.

One funny story about The Marvels is they had a some of their people at New York Comic-Con in October and the people from Marvel were telling the organizers wait until you see this disaster...its a real POS. They stopped shooting 2 years ago and needed 5 different sets of re-shoots and they marketed it twice because they pulled it back to work on it more. The same thing is going to happen to Captain Falcon America people are already saying they need to re-shoot 80% of the movie its so bad.

Their only hope was to shut everything down and fire everyone but they're going to try and fix it with the same incompetent people. The problem with incompetent people is they make the competent people want to find other jobs because they don't like being around them. I imagine they turned just about everyone over at Industrial Light and Magic. The vfx are a mess.

The stock is a mystery...it goes up $15 during a month where they lost half a billion dollars on Marvels and Wish and their increase in Disney+ subs were $1.99 for 3 months or free thru Verizon when you upgrade your plan or buy a phone. AMC stock is performing like you would expect...when Marvels and Wish flopped it tanked.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:01 pm 

It's terrible now but they already have the answer coming. Iron Man and Captain America return to fight along side Wolverine and Professor X to finish the whole multiverse saga.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Brick wrote:
It's terrible now but they already have the answer coming. Iron Man and Captain America return to fight along side Wolverine and Professor X to finish the whole multiverse saga.

yea that'll be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:40 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Brick wrote:

yea that'll be awesome.

If you liked Avengers and X-Men then yes it would be awesome.

It would be like the superhero version of Riot Fest! Foo Fighters, Death Cab For Cutie, and The Mars Volta!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:40 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Brick wrote:

yea that'll be awesome.

Wolverine will now be trans and Professor X will be teaching CRT.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:16 am 
1000 CLUB

They need to fire Feige and everyone else and re-boot its their only option at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:25 am 
1000 CLUB

The director of the next 300 million dollar Star Wars project is a Pakastani women's rights documentarian with no experience making a big budget movie. Our IP is on life support...I know...let's give it to the director of Fundamental: Gender Justice. No Exceptions! and Re-inventing the Taliban. You better have about 50 executives on set for this one Bob.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Taika barely directed anything before and Thor: Ragnorak was pretty good. The last trilogy sucked because it was terribly written. Having her direct the movie about Rey is fine. It’s going to bomb miserably no matter who directs it because nobody gives a shit about Rey.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:35 pm 

I don’t think the lack of big director experience is as key as the fact that the previous work is a completely different medium and approach. Taika had the perfect sense of humor and style that worked for “Ragnarok”.

Like, Rian Johnson made some but not many films before he took on “Star Wars” and he was the wrong person to take on that muddled project (although he probably didn’t have a chance no matter what). Going from “Looper” to “Star Wars” was a leap even if both were in the sci-fi realm. But in this case it’s even a bigger leap. Like the size of Springfield Gorge.

It’s true though that no matter what, Rey is going to be a tough character to give a shit about. However I bet Taika would make a great effort.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:53 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
They need to fire Feige and everyone else and re-boot its their only option at this point.

He won’t magically undo it? LOL. Endgame “magically” undid the gravity and consequences of Infinity War, to its detriment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:18 pm 

That’s why I didn’t give a rating for “Infinity War”, and I am comfortable that I never did. It was just Act One of a total train wreck of logic. Although Iron Man’s death was deeply hearttugging.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
W_Z wrote:
I don’t think the lack of big director experience is as key as the fact that the previous work is a completely different medium and approach. Taika had the perfect sense of humor and style that worked for “Ragnarok”.

Like, Rian Johnson made some but not many films before he took on “Star Wars” and he was the wrong person to take on that muddled project (although he probably didn’t have a chance no matter what). Going from “Looper” to “Star Wars” was a leap even if both were in the sci-fi realm. But in this case it’s even a bigger leap. Like the size of Springfield Gorge.

It’s true though that no matter what, Rey is going to be a tough character to give a shit about. However I bet Taika would make a great effort.

See the way things are going I’m not sure why you wouldn’t assume the Rey Star Wars movie won’t basically be a documentary about women’s rights and she’ll be perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:33 pm 

i think Rey was already accused of being a Mary Sue in the previous trilogy. i looked up the director, and she does have an action/adventure animated trilogy under her belt as well. it makes sense she would focus on women's inequalities considering where she's from, but this isn't pakistan.

it doesn't look promising that it would be entertaining. it wouldn't surprise me at all if it came off as being a lecture of some kind. i like the actress who plays rey, it's a shame the character has been pigeon-holed as some kind of hokey beacon for women's rights. plenty of strong women have been represented in great film entertainment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next