It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Watched the newest episode last night. I was still entertained. The chick that plays Hera is the worst part of it...very wooden performance, and still tolerable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
It seems like Hera tells at least one person per episode that she's a General.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Tad Queasy wrote:

She's the TV equivalent of Dr. Jill Biden.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:01 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

Yeah, yet she's still relegated to flying the 20 year old beater she's been flying since Rebels.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
At least she's a good mom.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:31 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
At least she's a good mom.

Opinions vary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:35 am 
1000 CLUB

They needed the kid and his special force powers at that location for plot reasons they should of had him stow away so the general looks like less of an ass than she already does telling everyone she's a general.

I don't know how these whales are going to go over. Disney Star Wars is getting further and further away real Star Wars.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Pretty decent episode and of course we get the introduction to live action Thrawn. Really glad they kept the actor who did his voice for the animated series. It was another fairly long episode but there are just parts in this series that seem to drag a little bit. Overall, it sets us up for a potential great last two episodes, but there is quite a bit to wrap up here. MANY believe there will be a movie in the future with all of the favorite live action characters that might truly wrap it all up, but I'll believe it when I see it actually in production.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Indy 5 might have scared them away from doing another movie. After that they might actually start to listen to their internal market research. They seem committed to the sequels which seems like a mistake. Not enough people care about these characters to do a movie that would need to make a billion dollars or close to it.

Does Thrawn have magical powers? He's just an intelligent evil guy isn't he? That doesn't seem like enough. Is witch lady his boss?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
KDdidit wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
why does that general always have her hands behind her back? Is that supposed to be some thoughtful power stance?

The one scene I did really get to watch is at the space ship dry dock. Of course they had the very obviously jewish looking guy as selling out either side for money. They would be skewered if they stereotyped any other group that badly

The General is the worst character in this. She shows less emotion than the actual robots in the show.

You'd think being married to Obi-Wan would give her some charisma. It's better than Obi-Wan but worse that Andor, but then again 95% of shows are. It's like 2nd season of Mandalorian quality. Ahsoka is written/played too boring. Sure she's not the fun Padawan from Clone Wars and needs to be grizzled or something decades later, but it doesn't make it fun to watch. Chopper still rules.

I think the problem is Rosaria Dawson is too fat these days to move around and do anything interesting. Her ass is gigantic and it seems the director is more focused on hiding her massive ass behind big clothing than directing a cool acrobatic fight scene.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:20 am 

MongoMuller wrote:

Does Thrawn have magical powers? He's just an intelligent evil guy isn't he? That doesn't seem like enough. Is witch lady his boss?

He doesn't have any magical powers, as you mention he is just extremely intelligent, a master tactician, and manipulator. The witch is definitely not his boss but someone he can use to achieve his ultimate goal.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:42 pm 

shakes wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
why does that general always have her hands behind her back? Is that supposed to be some thoughtful power stance?

The one scene I did really get to watch is at the space ship dry dock. Of course they had the very obviously jewish looking guy as selling out either side for money. They would be skewered if they stereotyped any other group that badly

The General is the worst character in this. She shows less emotion than the actual robots in the show.

You'd think being married to Obi-Wan would give her some charisma. It's better than Obi-Wan but worse that Andor, but then again 95% of shows are. It's like 2nd season of Mandalorian quality. Ahsoka is written/played too boring. Sure she's not the fun Padawan from Clone Wars and needs to be grizzled or something decades later, but it doesn't make it fun to watch. Chopper still rules.

I think the problem is Rosaria Dawson is too fat these days to move around and do anything interesting. Her ass is gigantic and it seems the director is more focused on hiding her massive ass behind big clothing than directing a cool acrobatic fight scene.

She does not look athletic enough to convincingly do some of the things they have asked her to do. In the first (I think it was the first) episode, several droids she was fighting went into self-destruct mode. IIRC when self-destruct is activated it usually happens fairly quickly. It took what seemed like 10 minutes for them to finally self-destruct, which gave them enough time to show her dumpily running to safety before the explosion destroyed everything in its path. I don't know why they dragged that out for so long, but it looked silly.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:07 pm 

If Queen Latifah, Denzel and Liam Neesen can be presented as action stars in their 60s, they should be able to do something for her

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The General has a dump truck ass too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
He doesn't have any magical powers, as you mention he is just extremely intelligent, a master tactician, and manipulator. The witch is definitely not his boss but someone he can use to achieve his ultimate goal.

Did they create the Stevenson character for the show or was he in the cartoon? It looks like they created the best villain in Disney Star Wars history and didn't even know it he overshadows everyone. Thrawn looks like he'd be Peter Cushing in IV. Peter Cushing is great but I don't think anyone wanted him to get more screen time at the expense of Vader. It doesn't seem he had the impact they wanted and its not a surprise. He doesn't compare to Stevenson and they had Anakin make an appearance last week how is he going to compete with that?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:36 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Did they create the Stevenson character for the show or was he in the cartoon? It looks like they created the best villain in Disney Star Wars history and didn't even know it he overshadows everyone. Thrawn looks like he'd be Peter Cushing in IV. Peter Cushing is great but I don't think anyone wanted him to get more screen time at the expense of Vader. It doesn't seem he had the impact they wanted and its not a surprise. He doesn't compare to Stevenson and they had Anakin make an appearance last week how is he going to compete with that?

I believe he is a brand new character unless he was referenced in some books or comics. He's been a very good character for sure. Thrawn will be fine, I was pleasantly surprised by the appearance and thought his army looked pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:15 am 

Was expecting a bit more from the 2nd to last episode in this series. I don't see any way that this will be wrapped up with the last installment, which will probably point to another season or even the movie that has been rumored for a long time now. Even I as a Star Wars fan am a bit annoyed that not enough characters get wounded, and the ships never get damaged. Biggest reveal from this whole thing might be what Skoll is up to at the end. I read something that seemed to indicate he may tie back to the main characters we all know from the original series but guess we will have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Come on T-bone they gave you 3P0, Leia (sort of), Akbar, and more Anakin. 10/10. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:26 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
Come on T-bone they gave you 3P0, Leia (sort of), Akbar, and more Anakin. 10/10. :lol:

They are doing quite a bit of cap tipping to the fans of the Rebels cartoon. Mentioning characters and villains who haven't even appeared yet but prominent in that series.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:10 am 

as someone who just watched Rebels recently I'm loving the series, but it does feel like it pretty much just started now that Ezra and Thrawn are back.

Looking forward to season 2 or the movie that comes from this,.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:44 am 
1000 CLUB

I have a friend who is watching this and he gives me updates on Discord. He didn't like the last 2 episodes. He doesn't like what they're doing with Thrawn or this guy that lives with the turtles. He says Stevenson should kill everyone especially the bullshit witches and take over. :lol:

Is Ezra the guy that was living with the ninja turtles? Why didn't he take his light saber back when they are surrounded? He's a jedi isn't he? Why does Ahsoka ask the underling who should of killed stabbed girl to join them? She's an evil jedi and her master is the toughest guy on the show why would she join these idiots?

The problem with Thrawn is for him to work as a character he needs to be the boss. He will never be the boss as long as the bullshit witches are around. If they want to put Thrawn over he needs to blow the witches up or launch them into space. He can't be begging for help every 10 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:50 am 

Well season one is in the books. I didn't dislike it but didn't love it completely either. Thought the finale was decent. I will say that the choreography for the light saber battles was pretty good this season. Don't really want to discuss too much until others have watched it. Definitely sets itself up for another season or roll into a movie. The Baylan Skoll character will be hard to replace in the future. He has an awful lot of potential.

Not as good as Andor but better than Boba Fett and Obi Wan. I'd put it on par with The Mandalorian, but it helps to have a bit of Star Wars Rebels knowledge to watch this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:10 am 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Well season one is in the books. I didn't dislike it but didn't love it completely either. Thought the finale was decent. I will say that the choreography for the light saber battles was pretty good this season. Don't really want to discuss too much until others have watched it. Definitely sets itself up for another season or roll into a movie. The Baylan Skoll character will be hard to replace in the future. He has an awful lot of potential.

He''ll be impossible to replace. He stole the show and they gave him nothing to work with. He could literally stare at a mountain for 10 seconds and its the best performance of the episode. I doubt they realized he'd be the most popular character on the show. Given their track record he was probably an accident. He will be missed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:19 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

He''ll be impossible to replace. He stole the show and they gave him nothing to work with. He could literally stare at a mountain for 10 seconds and its the best performance of the episode. I doubt they realized he'd be the most popular character on the show. Given their track record he was probably an accident. He will be missed.

they'll probably just replace him with someone trans or Mark Ruffalo and just act like nothing changed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:49 am 
1000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
they'll probably just replace him with someone trans or Mark Ruffalo and just act like nothing changed.

Yeah probably Ruffalo he's like 5'6" isn't he? You know Kennedy was pissed when she saw how Stevenson towered over her girls. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:11 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yeah probably Ruffalo he's like 5'6" isn't he? You know Kennedy was pissed when she saw how Stevenson towered over her girls. :lol:

plus he's super liberal and beta. Will fit right in at Disney.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:15 pm 

I enjoyed the series, but it felt like half a series. As someone who just watched Rebels for the first time a few months ago i was heavily invested in all the characters. I can't imagine not watching Rebels and then enjoying this first season.

Felt like they were too concerned about season 2 and/or the movie than making season 1 have a satisfying arc. So many undeveloped characters. It really does feel like we just hit the halfway point in the season. We just got Ezra and Thrawn and now the season is over. We barely got any Chopper and still no sign of Zeb otehr than his 30 second cameo in Mando.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:26 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Hard to argue.

I liked Ahsoka in The Clone Wars animated series but did not particularly enjoy Rosario Dawson's portrayal of her.

They dressed her like a character from this episode of Frasier:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

It looks like they saw about a 40% drop by the final episode. I think the crazy stuff like the space whales and witches and everyone has force powers turns a lot of people off. It sounded like the writing was pretty lousy as there didn't seem to be any character arcs and their motivations were ridiculous. Sabine was their biggest mistake nobody liked the character and it was really her show. They thought she'd be amazing and most people were mad she survived getting stabbed. :lol:

It seems like one of the main issues with the Sabine character is she couldn't use the force. What did you think of that whole scene? I have to wonder if anyone thought that Ezra jump was cool...oof.

Also I would like it explained how Ezra kills 2 troopers then hides on a ship with witches who can detect him then leaves on a shuttle and turns up at the rebel ship still wearing his armor with the helmet so General can gasp when he takes it off. :lol: