It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Air
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I thought it was a solid popcorn movie. We need more movies like this and less superhero movies

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I'm waiting for the saga that will hit home with my age demographics..."The New Balance Story"

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
As a filmaker I don't know how you get around something everyone in audience already knows. Chris Tucker calls Matt Damon and tells him he heard ADIDAS matched...sorry man...then sad music starts playing as if he isn't going to sign with Nike.

It was annoying when he was talking to Mom Jordan they didn't mention how much he wanted per shoe. It was stupid they were trying to make that a deal killer without mentioning that. If he gets paid its because he's selling a lot of shoes. I guess they needed some more drama and that was best they could come up with.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
MongoMuller wrote:
It was annoying when he was talking to Mom Jordan they didn't mention how much he wanted per shoe. It was stupid they were trying to make that a deal killer without mentioning that. If he gets paid its because he's selling a lot of shoes. I guess they needed some more drama and that was best they could come up with.

I also thought that was a rather large detail left out of the conversation LOL

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
MongoMuller wrote:
As a filmaker I don't know how you get around something everyone in audience already knows.

Titanic seemed to do just fine...

As did Lincoln, Apollo 13, Argo, Ghandi, Troy...

Filmmakers do it all the time.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:47 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
MongoMuller wrote:
The script needed another pass or two for sure. I did like that they showed the posters. I've been collecting them for about 10 years. They were great.

I had a bunch of those too.

I hadn't seen the Dr. Dunkenstein one since I left for college.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
The script needed another pass or two for sure. I did like that they showed the posters. I've been collecting them for about 10 years. They were great.

med school chum?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 11:55 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

med school chum?

We probably went to the same medical school.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:15 am 

It seems like this movie was underwritten by corporate sponsors. It was packed from start to finish with product placements. It seemed like a propaganda movie produced about the life of a dictator/dear leader.

It was ok for what it was. Seemed more like an HBO special than a theater movie.

It's funny that out of all of the people shown in the film, a two bit flesh peddler like Vaccaro is the hero. Knight is made to look like some new age goof who lucked into a billion, which might be true. James Jordan is made to look like a mental incompetent who is just along for the ride. I'd be most angered if I were White, as he's portrayed as the minstrel show they let out of the office only to act as an urban interpreter.

It was 1 hour 52 minutes that still probably could have lost another 30 minutes. I still enjoyed it. My son kept asking me if I knew the songs, as they played 80s hit after 80s hit. Fuck yeah, I know Mike and the Mechanics.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Finally caught this over the weekend. Agree with good dolphin that the soundtrack was one of the highlights. The story was just ok but there were a few things in there I didn't really know. Between 85 and the mid 90s I was all about shoes. Hell, I worked at the Foot Locker in Gurnee Mills for almost 2 years and really enjoyed stocking the shelves in back and seeing the new shoes come in each week. I'd get to try them all on and check'em out. Owned MANY pairs of Jordans over the years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:58 am 

I have never owned a pair of Jordans.

Both logos were great. I thought the original logo was even more perfect. The Jordan silhouette obviously highlights that you are not buying a Nike product, but a Jordan one.

Nike marketing was great, but Jordan was just a fantastic shoe salesman. He was charismatic not just because he was so personable but he really did embody a lot of things we would want ourselves, our children and our leaders to be. He had qualities both someone who fought in WWII would appreciate and kids of the 70s and 80s could copy. Even now, with all the dirt thrown at him over the years, I still think Michael is a good person.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:50 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Both logos were great. I thought the original logo was even more perfect. The Jordan silhouette obviously highlights that you are not buying a Nike product, but a Jordan one.

Nike marketing was great, but Jordan was just a fantastic shoe salesman. He was charismatic not just because he was so personable but he really did embody a lot of things we would want ourselves, our children and our leaders to be. He had qualities both someone who fought in WWII would appreciate and kids of the 70s and 80s could copy. Even now, with all the dirt thrown at him over the years, I still think Michael is a good person.

YOU TELL THEM YOU SAID IT!!! :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:

He won't fuck you.