It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Barbenheimer!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: What??
HawaiiYou wrote:
I’d like to see the Oppenheimer movie but going to a theater sucks. I saw the Indy movie and the place was empty. Only seniors in the place and half fell asleep on those reclining seats.

It’s such a hassle to go to a theater these days.

Also not a big fan of Ron Howard movies like someone posted earlier

There's a mighty difference between a Kathleen Kennedy movie and a Christopher Nolan movie.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Nardi wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
I’d like to see the Oppenheimer movie but going to a theater sucks. I saw the Indy movie and the place was empty. Only seniors in the place and half fell asleep on those reclining seats.

There's a mighty difference between a Kathleen Kennedy movie and a Christopher Nolan movie.

I read about her on tiktok. Had no idea who she was. Maybe she likes it that way. But she’s a flop and seems to keep her job Bec her husband is a big wig in Hollywood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Tall Midget wrote:
Apollo 13 sucked. Almost all Ron Howard films suck.

Never saw Apollo 13, but good Ron Howard Movies:
- Backdraft
- A Beautiful Mind
- Night Shift
- Gung Ho

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
BigW72 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

- Backdraft
- A Beautiful Mind
- Night Shift
- Gung Ho

I wonder how well Backdraft has aged? First time I even thought about it as a movie for years. Talk about depressing...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:15 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

- Backdraft
- A Beautiful Mind
- Night Shift
- Gung Ho

I liked the last 2 on your list but haven’t watched them in 35/40 yrs.

They are too old to give Howard credit for. He was just starting out then too.

Can’t remember any other recent stuff he did.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
backdraft has always sucked

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

I dunno I kinda liked it except for what a burrito the Baldwin guy turned out to be. It was about the bureaucracy man! Fucking pigs!

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Darkside wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

I dunno I kinda liked it except for what a burrito the Baldwin guy turned out to be. It was about the bureaucracy man! Fucking pigs!

Three words: career dissipation light.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:43 am 

I had a very big thing for Jennifer Jason Lee before she went and got old

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
It happening this week! Get your tickets.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:52 pm 

Sorry guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:54 pm 

Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Brick wrote:
I don't really understand what is going on in Oppenheimer. It's a true story. We know how it ends. They build the bomb. They don't destroy the world. The trailer acts like there is some grand drama that you have to watch the movie to find out if everyone survives like it's Independence Day or Signs.

That doesn't mean it won't be a great movie but it's kind of like creating a movie about JFK getting shot and having the commercials for it basically being "Will he get shot?". Yes, he will.

Did you hate Apollo 13 as well?

I don't believe that was marketed with the idea of whether they would make it back to Earth or not.

"Are you saying there is a chance when we push that button that we destroy the world?"
"The chances are near zero."

The rest of it is then how he gave men the power to destroy themselves which we know hasn't happened yet.

I don't get that part. I thought the equations made it clear the reaction would not continue forever.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I believe it is in the 70mm format at the Music Box Theatre near Wrigley on Southport

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
My favorite scene in Apollo 13 is where Lovell (Hanks) asks Mission Control to check his math on a critical equation, and all the older engineering guys pull out their pencils and slide rules to confirm.

I heard that Cillian Murphy has an "extended frontal nude scene" in Oppenheimer...why we need that, who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Jaw Breaker wrote:
My favorite scene in Apollo 13 is where Lovell (Hanks) asks Mission Control to check his math on a critical equation, and all the older engineering guys pull out their pencils and slide rules to confirm.

I heard that Cillian Murphy has an "extended frontal nude scene" in Oppenheimer...why we need that, who knows.

Had a pretty long nude scene in 28 days later too. Full frontal.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:24 am 

I've noticed a dramatic increase in gratuitous male nudity in films and television. I'm sure its some kind of equity initiative. However, the women rarely showed that much and they frequently employed merkins to only give the appearance of full nudity.

I appreciate a skrag like Sydney Sweeney who is willing to take it all off in any show at the drop of a hat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:17 pm 

Writing on Facebook, the Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Last Temptation of Christ screenwriter called Oppenheimer: “The best, most important film of this century. If you see one film in cinemas this year it should be Oppenheimer. I’m not a Nolan groupie but this one blows the doors off the hinges.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:47 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Writing on Facebook, the Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Last Temptation of Christ screenwriter called Oppenheimer: “The best, most important film of this century. If you see one film in cinemas this year it should be Oppenheimer. I’m not a Nolan groupie but this one blows the doors off the hinges.”

you sound like that guy who reads for the movie commercials. ofc he's going to say that when every movie is bombing these days at the theater.

i don't think it'll attract many. Maybe history nerds like myself and those older than 45 but no young kids going to go watch this in the theater.

i will wait for the CFMB reviews to come out before I even consider maybe trekking to the movie theater.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:11 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

i don't think it'll attract many. Maybe history nerds like myself and those older than 45 but no young kids going to go watch this in the theater.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Oppenheimer’s length may be an issue for some. Three hours is a bit more girth than most can handle.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:35 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Oppenheimer’s length may be an issue for some. Three hours is a bit more girth than most can handle.

By the end I'll be rooting for the bomb to have destroyed the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

By the end I'll be rooting for the bomb to have destroyed the world.

Thought crossed my mind due to the melodramatic trailers. I hope that isn't the case.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:02 am 

I've been listening to the audiobook the movie is mostly based on and it's pretty interesting. He grew up rich but he was clearly in that special Elon Musk genius category. It's amazing how easy things come for these guys. Even genius coworkers looked up to him and his work. He was also a dirty commie apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:10 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
blackhawksfan wrote:
He was also a dirty commie apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
I don't really understand what is going on in Oppenheimer. It's a true story. We know how it ends. They build the bomb. They don't destroy the world. The trailer acts like there is some grand drama that you have to watch the movie to find out if everyone survives like it's Independence Day or Signs.

That doesn't mean it won't be a great movie but it's kind of like creating a movie about JFK getting shot and having the commercials for it basically being "Will he get shot?". Yes, he will.

This is one of the more bizarre takes I've ever seen you have. The movie isn't marketed as a suspense movie, of course there's no question about what actually happens. Ken sorta handled the rest of why it's such a bizarre opinion.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:58 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

This is one of the more bizarre takes I've ever seen you have. The movie isn't marketed as a suspense movie, of course there's no question about what actually happens. Ken sorta handled the rest of why it's such a bizarre opinion.

I posted a quote from the trailer on if it would destroy the world.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yes because at that point in the story the characters didn't know if it would. This is pretty basic storytelling stuff.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:06 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yes because at that point in the story the characters didn't know if it would. This is pretty basic storytelling stuff.

The trailer acts like there is some grand drama that you have to watch the movie to find out if everyone survives like it's Independence Day or Signs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Nardi wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

She did a nice job breathing some new life into the Star Wars franchise. Kudos for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Brick wrote:
The trailer acts like there is some grand drama that you have to watch the movie to find out if everyone survives like it's Independence Day or Signs.

"This could blow up the world...." [Soaring music]

"No, it won't." [Music over].

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next