It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quarterback
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Fun show; like Hard Knocks but more focused and less corny.

I’m a few episodes in but so far, everybody in Mahomes’ orbit (including & especially his wife) seems awful. She’s like a real life version of Ricky Bobby’s wife. Everybody else exists to tell Patrick how amazing he is when he tells the same stories over & over again. Mahomes’ seems like an affable dummy.

Kirk Cousins comes off very likeable, which is unfortunate for me as I’ve never liked him.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post subject: Re: Quarterback
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:31 am 

agreed on all fronts. Mahomes is the nice guy I thought he was. Too nice to tell bad people to get lost.

Mariotta has a live in male chef from his childhood. What's up with these Hawaiians?

Cousins seems like a totally ordinary, average guy. My boy told me his wife was from Georgia but she has a strong upper midwest accent, like a character in Fargo.

Where can I find a place to shoot those apple cannons Mahomes was playing with?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:12 pm 

Really enjoyed this so far.

Mahomes wife drives me insane. I really like Mahomes and it is cool to get some behind the scenes stuff with him.

Cousins comes across super likeable and his wife is very easy on the eyes. And she does not come across insane like Mrs. Mahomes.

Mariota is meh. I dont have strong feelings either way about him. It did make me laugh that he cant eat right so he has a boyhood friend cook for him :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:02 pm 

Apparently "chef" in hawaiian means "downlow friend". No wonder he went to atlanta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:19 pm 

This show reminded me that Nagy is now OC for the chiefs so fuck that. Fail upwards.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:07 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
My son is really into it, so I'll watch it with him. The live mic stuff on the field is great, but it just isn't compelling, given it is a year old. And I could not care less about the insights about their marriages.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:04 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
This show reminded me that Nagy is now OC for the chiefs so fuck that. Fail upwards.

Fuck me too then

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
good dolphin wrote:
Apparently "chef" in hawaiian means "downlow friend". No wonder he went to atlanta

I got a weird vibe watching that part lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:09 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Mahomes is the nice guy I thought he was. Too nice to tell bad people to get lost.

he could be banging 30 girls a week but instead stays with his aging high school sweetheart. unless hes tiger woodsing this, he is the nicest guy on the fucking planet. and his wife thinks shes so amazing that he just has to give up all of that for her. what a dumb bitch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

for some reason I was listening to DC sports talk radio this week and while they're geeked about the new owners and their roster (except QB), the hosts were dubious about Bieniemy as the Redskins new OC--they said something like, "He lost his job to Matt Nagy, how good could Bieniemy really be as an OC?" And then he said the same thing 3 different ways, as sports talk hosts do, that somehow Bieniemy has Nagy's bad coach stank on him because Nagy took his job.

as far as anyone can tell, doesn't matter who Andy Reid's OC is Reid's running the offense. Good job to have, your boss does all the work and you get the credit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:50 pm 

I would be very surprised if Mahomes didn't have a couple side pieces stashed away somewhere that he visits.

Cousins maybe the exception. He seems like a very simple good dude who I could see just staying with his wife and not worried about anything else.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
I would be very surprised if Mahomes didn't have a couple side pieces stashed away somewhere that he visits.

Cousins maybe the exception. He seems like a very simple good dude who I could see just staying with his wife and not worried about anything else.

Cousins fucking wears an electrode hat. He's got no time and no inclination for strange. Meanwhile, Mariota tries to remember the plays. This thing makes him look so bad.

I'm more convinced than ever QB is the hardest job in sports. BY FAR.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:07 pm 

Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Cousins fucking wears an electrode hat. He's got no time and no inclination for strange. Meanwhile, Mariota tries to remember the plays. This thing makes him look so bad.

I'm more convinced than ever QB is the hardest job in sports. BY FAR.

No doubt. It is the hardest job in sports. And as a Bears fan it makes me sad too. We so badly want a Mahomes. Yet we probably have a Mariota.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:46 pm 

I didn’t realize the Mariota switch came a couple days after his wife had a baby.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:03 pm 

Finished it up this evening.

Damn by the end of it I was so sick and fucking tired of Brittany Mahomes. She was in like every fucking scene. I do not need to see her cheering LETS GOO after every fucking play.

Mahomes is an amazing player but she is annoying as fuck. It was like they only agreed to do the show if she could get as much screen time as her husband.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:

Damn by the end of it I was so sick and fucking tired of Brittany Mahomes. She was in like every fucking scene. I do not need to see her cheering LETS GOO after every fucking play.

Mahomes is an amazing player but she is annoying as fuck. It was like they only agreed to do the show if she could get as much screen time as her husband.

Mahomes is pretty annoying too, dawg.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

was Travis Kelce in this show constantly trying to jump in front of the camera every time Mahomes was featured?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:45 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Nice rush big dawg!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:47 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The odd thing is he is more annoying ON THE FIELD. He just repeats himself week after week after week.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I've been watching this show and it's great. None of the cheesy and awkward segments they do on Hard Knocks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:32 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

was Travis Kelce in this show constantly trying to jump in front of the camera every time Mahomes was featured?

That’s essentially what his wife does.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:53 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

yeah but the thing that makes no sense to me is that the producers clealy made a choice to include her so much. The 2 other wives had a few moments, but nothing even close to what she got. It was crazy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:02 pm 

Just passing the Vikings loss where Kirk inexplicably did a Shoop and threw for 3 yards on 4th & 12 with the season on the line.

It’s hilarious to see him contemporaneously explaining why it’s the right decision. It reset my Cousins opinion and reminded me why I can’t stand this guy as a football player. Big lesson: trust your instincts, go with your gut.

Nice guy - awful football player.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:50 am 

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

yeah but the thing that makes no sense to me is that the producers clealy made a choice to include her so much. The 2 other wives had a few moments, but nothing even close to what she got. It was crazy.

Everyone like when Mahomes is walking around on one leg after the playoff game and she is like, "boo hoo. poor baby. now I'm going to have to take care of the kids all week." Then, after a win, she talked about how "we" did it.

You might take that from a 10. She's a 5, who actually looks better when she doesn't have makeup pancaked on her face. She also doesn't seem to understand that belly shirts aren't for people with bellies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:36 am 

Yeah she is not even close to a 10. Part of the reason I think there is no doubt that Mahomes has some other snacks hidden around.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I turned on the first episode, and Kirk Cousins' 5 year old son had a pacifier in his mouth.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
I turned on the first episode, and Kirk Cousins' 5 year old son had a pacifier in his mouth.

Yep. They throw off Mormon vibes.

Seem like extremely nice people but in the most off-putting way possible.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:18 pm 

Nas wrote:

Not at all true and you know it. Beats them being extremely nice and figuring out the kid's gender.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:58 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Not at all true and you know it. Beats them being extremely nice and figuring out the kid's gender.

I look at it this way…

If one of my kids were friends with a Cousins child and wanted to hang out at their house, I wouldn’t think twice about it.

If they got to be good friends and the parents wanted to get dinner or something, we’d be busy that day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:10 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

I look at it this way…

If one of my kids were friends with a Cousins child and wanted to hang out at their house, I wouldn’t think twice about it.

If they got to be good friends and the parents wanted to get dinner or something, we’d be busy that day.

I agree, but that doesn't quite back up the 'being nice in the most off-putting way'. I mean, I don't want him QBing my team, but he's still like 5-10x the person I am.