Post subject: Re: The Iron Claw
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Just saw the promo for the movie on the Von Erich family

The Iron Claw https://g.co/kgs/YdhTfq

Eaglo wrote:
Love the Baron !!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Just saw the promo for the movie on the Von Erich family

The Iron Claw https://g.co/kgs/YdhTfq

Looks kind of awesome.

But the actual matches from the Sportatorium looked far cooler than the way the film depicts them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:48 pm 

Yeah I posted about this awhile back. I cannot wait to see it. One of my favorite times in wrestling.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:36 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Yeah I posted about this awhile back. I cannot wait to see it. One of my favorite times in wrestling.

Absolutely. Those Saturday evening TV shows from the Sportatorium were amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:07 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

or the Texas State Fairgrounds, where it was so hot the wrestlers would break into a flop sweat just getting into the ring

I loved the decentralized wrestling league days. The local flavor made it fun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:12 am 

Is this about Jelly Roll vs. Kim Kardashian?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:43 pm 

LTG, TM, Dolphin and RFDC. Road trip to see this movie together. I will buy the popcorn!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:52 pm 

RFDC wrote:
LTG, TM, Dolphin and RFDC. Road trip to see this movie together. I will buy the popcorn!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgH9pyQ-bhM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
RFDC wrote:
Got to bring my guy Boyd too. He's a real wrestling fan too. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie too. I agree with Midget about the Sportatorium too. It just smelled of being a Real 80's, Texas styled stadium.

One of the things I didn't like in the promos was Tom Sawyer as one of the Von Erich's intro songs. That wasn't their intro song. I forget which wrestler used to enter the ring on that song. It wasn't any of them however.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Got to bring my guy Boyd too. He's a real wrestling fan too. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie too. I agree with Midget about the Sportatorium too. It just smelled of being a Real 80's, Texas styled stadium.

One of the things I didn't like in the promos was Tom Sawyer as one of the Von Erich's intro songs. That wasn't their intro song. I forget which wrestler used to enter the ring on that song. It wasn't any of them however.

LTG, I think your memory is foggy on this one.

Kerry definitely used "Tom Sawyer" for his entrance music and was also nicknamed "The Modern Day Warrior".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF0IBmu1D08

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Kerry was so over in that match vs. Flair--women running into the aisles to kiss him, screaming when he takes off his jacket, and the crowd exploding when he finally wins the title.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:07 pm 

RFDC wrote:

:cheers:

Really looking forward to seeing this. All the reviews sound great.

Kerry Von Erich used Tom Sawyer because he was the "Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:09 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Kerry was so over in that match vs. Flair--women running into the aisles to kiss him, screaming when he takes off his jacket, and the crowd exploding when he finally wins the title.

Literally because Dave was the one that was supposed to beat Flair, and when it was his memorial show, everyone knew Kerry would win...and it can't be understated how over those guys were. They were local high school sports heroes succeeding in the family business in town...god and Texas and whatnot.

If you guys haven't seen it yet...and I think RFDC has for sure...check out Dark Side of the Ring on Hulu...the Von Erich one is great. The Bruiser Brody one was too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:05 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Kerry definitely used "Tom Sawyer" for his entrance music and was also nicknamed "The Modern Day Warrior".

I knew someone used it. Never knew that it was Kerry's intro song. I'm mad as hell now that I forgot this. :lol: :lol: Remember his nickname and Ultimate Warrior later stealing his bit as the Dingo Warrior originally. I remember going to old Comiskey and seeing him on like a 13 match show back in the day. Maybe 85 or 86 I believe. Flair was there. Can't remember if they wrestled each other. Road Warriors were there. That was first time that I remember seeing Paul Ellering and person and he was ripped too. It was crazy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:10 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Literally because Dave was the one that was supposed to beat Flair, and when it was his memorial show, everyone knew Kerry would win...and it can't be understated how over those guys were. They were local high school sports heroes succeeding in the family business in town...god and Texas and whatnot.

If you guys haven't seen it yet...and I think RFDC has for sure...check out Dark Side of the Ring on Hulu...the Von Erich one is great. The Bruiser Brody one was too.

I saw both of those. They were great. Didn't they do one on Gino Hernandez too? His was great as well. Back then WCCW was the deal. I know in retrospect everyone says David was the most talented but I always thought it was Kerry.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:22 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I saw both of those. They were great. Didn't they do one on Gino Hernandez too? His was great as well. Back then WCCW was the deal. I know in retrospect everyone says David was the most talented but I always thought it was Kerry.

Yeah, the Gino one was pretty good too...Kevin was always my favorite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:32 pm 

Spoiler Alert: Everyone dies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:50 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I knew someone used it. Never knew that it was Kerry's intro song. I'm mad as hell now that I forgot this. :lol: :lol: Remember his nickname and Ultimate Warrior later stealing his bit as the Dingo Warrior originally. I remember going to old Comiskey and seeing him on like a 13 match show back in the day. Maybe 85 or 86 I believe. Flair was there. Can't remember if they wrestled each other. Road Warriors were there. That was first time that I remember seeing Paul Ellering and person and he was ripped too. It was crazy

:lol: It happens to all of us LTG.

Kerry is one of those guys that if you were building a professional wrestler from scratch you would get him. Amazing how much he was able to do after losing his foot too.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:33 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
They played the trailer at theater on Saturday and it was the only one that got a positive response.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:09 am 

Anyone else seen this yet?

I did. I enjoyed it, but man it was dark. I knew the tragedy was going to be front and center, but it is just so much.

Frank Coztansa wrote: