It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
SpiralStairs wrote:
So far this season is worse than season two. No one seems to be doing any police work except the kid, and even then all his “work” happens off screen.

We don't seem to be a whole lot further along or closer to finding out what is going on then we were after episode 1. I am sure there is quite a bit of symbolism and stuff that I am glossing over but I don't care to go back and read about it like I did during the first season when everyone was trying to figure out who the spaghetti monster was.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The story is convoluted again, and I expect a confusing nonsensical ending. Is it me or are they trying to tell a big part of the story with music lyrics? It seems like half the show has a song playing. Since I watch with subtitles, the words seem to have a lot of meaning.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:52 pm 

denisdman wrote:
The story is convoluted again, and I expect a confusing nonsensical ending. Is it me or are they trying to tell a big part of the story with music lyrics? It seems like half the show has a song playing. Since I watch with subtitles, the words seem to have a lot of meaning.

It’s funny you mention that. The music has seemed very specific. They played a Mazzy Star tune and I was suddenly transported back to the early 90s. I love Hope Sandoval. :bounce: My wife likes watching shows with the subtitles, if I see them I can’t help but read them rather than listening and watching the acting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Just started. Very first thing I think is there's an inordinate amount of ugly people. This in Wisconsin?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:
Just started. Very first thing I think is there's an inordinate amount of ugly people. This in Wisconsin?

Depends. Are they also obese and wearing camouflage?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nardi wrote:

Hey you might have a chance then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nardi wrote:

I noticed that quickly as well, maybe one woman that's bangable ( hockey rink owner) and the men are also ugly. The writing is terrible, acting not great. It was a rough watch.. took a month to get through 6 episodes. Hopefully this is the last season

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:05 am 

312player wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I noticed that quickly as well, maybe one woman that's bangable ( hockey rink owner) and the men are also ugly. The writing is terrible, acting not great. It was a rough watch.. took a month to get through 6 episodes. Hopefully this is the last season

A couple sweaty 60 yr olds hooking up....Now that's entertainment, huh?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:09 am 

Nardi wrote:
312player wrote:
Nardi wrote:

A couple sweaty 60 yr olds hooking up....Now that's entertainment, huh?

I finished it yesterday early in the morning. Do yourself a favor and pull the plug on it now. I found the ending to be pretty unsatisfying.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Finished it last night. Agreed, it was all rather underwhelming and the finale, without spoiling, was also somewhat far-fetched.

Too bad, I was hopeful for this. I liked the alaska seasonal darkness setting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
The media blitz the last week around this show has been strange considering the reviews. Screen Rant did a "Top 15 Plot Holes from Season 4" article so the writing must have been a mess. This wasn't supposed to be a True Detective show HBO realized it was going to need some help so at last minute made changes to script. Supposedly its been picked up for another season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:12 am 
1000 CLUB

They are saying original creator is going to be blacklisted from Hollywood because he's calling this a POS. He's an executive producer on this show. After watching this people on twitter are apologizing to him for being so hard on Season 2. :lol:

This show isn't even turning up on Streaming Original ratings. They're trying to say most popular True Detective season ever but it can't even crack Original top 10 when nothing else is on. They don't even care...92% critics score on Rotten Tomatoes so their PR firm is doing whatever it takes. 56% audience which is even easier to manipulate and they can't make it fresh. :lol:

This started as an Amazon project then got cancelled and HBO picked it up and wanted changes. How bad does something have to be for Amazon to cancel. The only thing I heard of them cancelling was the Conan series because he was too toxic and the creators refused to tone it down. Then they went to HBO and made House of the Dragon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
This show was very, very bad.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

The very first cue was when FavreFan raved about how good it was

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:22 am 
1000 CLUB

A friend was trying to explain show to me and it sounded like the worst thing I ever heard. I asked if it was at least fun terrible and he said no there is no fun at all in this show except for when dipshit cop got her ass beat. He also mentioned a ghost that did a Woodstock hippie dance to give them a clue he said he laughed at that too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
It started with some promise but it quickly made you realize why only serial killers and homeless people live in Alaska.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:15 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

You watch the whole thing? I was out after the sweaty Foster bang.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
All seasons of this show have been strongly character driven. Therefore, if you don't like spending time with the characters, the whole thing falls flat. I didn't like spending time with these characters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Season 1 was the best TV I have ever seen, until the last episode. It never delivered. When season 2 started out mediocre I didn't feel the need to continue to invest my time ending it.

Really? Have you watched The Wire? In my opinion, seasons 1, 3, and 4 are easily better than the first season of True Detective. A couple seasons of Breaking Bad are also easily better than TD S1.

Doing a Wire rewatch right now. Still think The Sopranos edges it out for GOAT Prestige TV drama.

The transformation of Bobby Bacala from Baby Huey into Frank Nitti ruined The Sopranos.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Johnny Cakes
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Season 1 was the best TV I have ever seen, until the last episode. It never delivered. When season 2 started out mediocre I didn't feel the need to continue to invest my time ending it.

Really? Have you watched The Wire? In my opinion, seasons 1, 3, and 4 are easily better than the first season of True Detective. A couple seasons of Breaking Bad are also easily better than TD S1.

Doing a Wire rewatch right now. Still think The Sopranos edges it out for GOAT Prestige TV drama.

The transformation of Bobby Bacala from Baby Huey into Frank Nitti ruined The Sopranos.

You know Quasimodo predicted all this.