It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:42 am 

not as compelling (or rich) as "the first" of this new series, but still entertaining enough. looks like this might be it, as far as the box office goes though. it cost $100 million to make, and it made only about half that opening weekend. i'm sure worldwide it'll probably get there but this was quite a whimper.

i think this could've done better had it been released on a more palatable weekend. memorial day, or sometime in late june/early july. i realize that this is old school thinking...but theaters are only just starting to try and come back. the only reason why it worked that you could release summer blockbusters in feb and march was because marvel was a cash cow and they could do whatever they wanted. those days are long over. so releasing this in late march is probably why it's not doing so well vs. it's just not very good.

the story is pretty basic, with a new villain. they've upgraded their stuff, and used every call back possible. but william atherton has aged to the point where he isn't the least bit menacing and his empty threats to the ghostbusters are useless.

the ghost friend story could've been a little stronger. but the cast, overall, is good.

i think the stay puft stuff goes a little far this time, especially dragging us through mid-credits sequences for more.

not a ringing endorsement, but i still thought it was decent.

:D :D :D out of :D :D :D :D