It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
W_Z wrote:
here's some upcoming FearFest on AMC.

I miss Fearnet

W_Z wrote:

i wonder if the "Halloween II" is the sequel that camps looks forward to every year. or the rob zombie horseshit. haven't seen the new chucky movies "cult" or "curse" but heard they're not that good.

the only thing good about any rob zombie movie was casting a still-smoking priscilla barnes in the devil's rejects

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:46 am 

i'm in the minority but i actually loved "house of 1,000 corpses". i find people took it too seriously, like zombie was making a serious attempt at horror. it was just his way of paying back the genre and some of the dark humor is pretty great. "agatha crispies" is one of my favorite sight gags, and the use of crowley's "the poet" is eerie and ominous.

"devil's rejects" is also genuinely fucked up and gruesome.

the "halloween" remake was forgivable and i still thought the ending was its strongest asset.

but, other than that i can't defend zombie. "lords of salem" and "halloween 2" were absolute shit. haven't seen "31" but i still want to believe he has another decent flick in him.

he's much better at music to be sure, but i think people hate on him way too easily. and then they praise garbage like "the witch".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Don't forget to set your TVs to CBS on the 27th for some Michael Jackson Halloween Special fun!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
W_Z wrote:
i'm in the minority but i actually loved "house of 1,000 corpses". i find people took it too seriously, like zombie was making a serious attempt at horror. it was just his way of paying back the genre and some of the dark humor is pretty great. "agatha crispies" is one of my favorite sight gags, and the use of crowley's "the poet" is eerie and ominous.

"devil's rejects" is also genuinely fucked up and gruesome.

the "halloween" remake was forgivable and i still thought the ending was its strongest asset.

but, other than that i can't defend zombie. "lords of salem" and "halloween 2" were absolute shit. haven't seen "31" but i still want to believe he has another decent flick in him.

he's much better at music to be sure, but i think people hate on him way too easily. and then they praise garbage like "the witch".

I was in total agreement until your last sentence. I loved The Witch. Modern horror misses out on suspense buildup and atmosphere, and The Witch I felt nailed it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:40 am 

It reminded me of "Begotten", which I also thought was lame. "The Witch" had a ton of potential but it was so pretentious and trying way too hard to be spooky, and the ending scene was laughably bad. Yes we are starved of good suspenseful movies, and we sorely miss atmospheric horror films in the modern age. But "The Witch" was muddled and confused even in its own theme. Don't show us the old hag in the first act if your whole point is about the confused rhetoric of religious influence of whether witches exist in the first place. The only scene I thought came close to being eerie was when the son returned from missing.

Black Phillip, the twins...obnoxious at worst, missed the mark at best.

I'm also in the minority of disliking it, so don't worry...most would agree with you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:53 am 

W_Z wrote:
It reminded me of "Begotten", which I also thought was lame. "The Witch" had a ton of potential but it was so pretentious and trying way too hard to be spooky, and the ending scene was laughably bad. Yes we are starved of good suspenseful movies, and we sorely miss atmospheric horror films in the modern age. But "The Witch" was muddled and confused even in its own theme. Don't show us the old hag in the first act if your whole point is about the confused rhetoric of religious influence of whether witches exist in the first place. The only scene I thought came close to being eerie was when the son returned from missing.

Black Phillip, the twins...obnoxious at worst, missed the mark at best.

I'm also in the minority of disliking it, so don't worry...most would agree with you.

I do agree with the ending. Wasn't a fan. What are your thoughts on The Babadook? That was another one that everyone was hyping, and I could not get into it. I understand what they were going for, but it was just boring to me.

As far as recent horror movies, It Follows is one of the best ones I have seen. They do a great job of using negative space and presenting scares during traditionally non-scary times i.e. middle of a sunny day with lots of people around. The original Halloween was great at that as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:23 am 

Totally agree about "It Follows". That was a good one, I thought.

I liked "The Babadook" but mainly for its premise of what it's like for a single mom having a nervous breakdown, and can you blame her for that little brat? I seriously hated that kid. But i think it was mostly intentional.

I also actually kinda liked "Unfriended" just because i thought the interface was interesting, though probably would have worked better as an anthology horror episode, like 45 min long.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:18 am 

Some late night "X-Files". "Eve", one of the best episodes from season 1. We are all togeeethhhherrrr!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 am 

wait. shit. it was supposed to be "Eve". It's "Beyond the Sea". X-finity...the truth is NOT out there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:40 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I am not a huge fan of Blair Witch. I like it and might watch it if it was on but I'd probably flip around to other stuff. Like it or not, you have to recognize it's importance to the the genre. It really started a different way of filming.

I completely agree. I really do enjoy the serio-documentary shaky hand held camera action when there is something to go with the movie. Blair Witch is fine example of "If it's on and I don't have anything else to do, I'll watch it". Paranormal Activity is much better on a TV with surround sound hooked up. I will wait for the sequel to come on PPV before I see it though.

I loved the original Paranormal Activity. Katie (Featherston) is all woman.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:46 am 

more upcoming...

AMC

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

1:30am – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
3:30am – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
9:00am – House on Haunted Hill
11:00am – House of Wax
1:30pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
3:30pm – Halloween II
6:00pm – Child’s Play
8:00pm – Curse of Chucky
10:00pm – Cult of Chucky

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

12:00am – Child’s Play
9:00am – Violent Midnight
9:15am – Slaughter of the Vampires
9:30am – Scream 4
12:00pm – Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
2:00pm – Jason X
4:00pm – Curse of Chucky
6:00pm – Cult of Chucky
8:00pm – Annabelle
10:15pm – Carrie (1976)

Thursday, October 26, 2017

12:30am – Annabelle
2:45am – Mirrors 2
5:45am – The Violent Midnight
9:09am – How to Make a Monster
10:30am – Eight Legged Freaks
1:00pm – Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
3:00pm – Predator
5:30pm – Predator 2
8:00pm – Jeepers Creepers
10:00pm – Piranha

Friday, October 27, 2017

12:00am – Lake Placid
2:00am – Alien vs. Predator
4:00am – Hellbound: Hellraiser II
9:00am – Hellraiser: Revelations
10:30am – Van Helsing
1:30pm – Slither
3:30pm – Jeepers Creepers
5:30pm – Wes Craven’s New Nightmare
8:00pm – Freddy vs. Jason
10:00pm – A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Saturday, October 28, 2017

5:45am – War of the Colossal Beast
6:00am – Corridors of Blood
6:15am – Mirrors
8:45am – Annabelle
11:00am – Curse of Chucky
1:00pm – Cult of Chucky
3:00pm – Leprechaun: Origins
5:00pm – Leprechaun
7:00pm – Leprechaun 2
9:00pm – Leprechaun 3
11:00pm – Leprechaun 4 in Space

TCM

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

12:00am – Curse of the Demon
2:00am – Carnival of Souls
3:30am – From Beyond the Grave
10:00am – The Devil’s Own

Thursday, October 26, 2017

5:30am – Rasputin, the Mad Monk
8:00pm – The Omega Man
10:00pm – Logan’s Run

Friday, October 27, 2017

12:15am – Thx 1138
2:00am – A Clockwork Orange
4:30am – Soylent Green
8:00pm – Psycho (1960)

Saturday, October 28, 2017

6:15am – Mark of the Vampire
7:30am – The Devil-Doll
9:00am – What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
11:30am – Little Shop of Horrors
1:00am – Village of the Damned (1961)
2:30pm – Children of the Damned
4:15pm – House of Dark Shadows
6:00pm – Night of Dark Shawdows

"what ever happened to baby jane" is classic. i believe "the devil-doll" is the same that was featured on MST3K...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
W_Z wrote:

"what ever happened to baby jane" is classic.

"Oh yeah. We got rats in the cellah."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am 

Watched 4 ...of the dead movies over the past few days - Night of the Living Dead, the original and the great remake with Tony Todd, Dawn of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, and my personal favorite, Day of the Dead.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 am 

Halloween 3 has become the only real tradition of watching now. It's on Starz this year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:05 am 

SuperMario wrote:
Watched 4 ...of the dead movies over the past few days - Night of the Living Dead, the original and the great remake with Tony Todd, Dawn of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, and my personal favorite, Day of the Dead.

I'm runnin this monkey farm now, Frankenstein! And I wanna know, what the fuck you're doing with my time!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 am 

W_Z wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

I'm runnin this monkey farm now, Frankenstein! And I wanna know, what the fuck you're doing with my time!

Hahaha. Captain Rhodes might be the greatest movie character ever.

And anybody fucks with my command... they get court martialed... they get executed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:13 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Halloween 3 has become the only real tradition of watching now. It's on Starz this year.

Very underrated movie. That Silver Shamrock theme gets stuck in my head for weeks sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 pm 

Movieplex with some 80s classics.

"Christine" now, followed by "The Monster Squad".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:32 am 

W_Z wrote:
Movieplex with some 80s classics.

"Christine" now, followed by "The Monster Squad".

Monster Squad is great. Classic 80s movie. Plus, it has Wayne from The Wonder Years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:34 am 

Watched Halloween 4: Return of Michael Myers last night. Behind the original, it is my favorite Halloween movie. It's another classic movie that gets the atmosphere right.

Plus, it has the best kill scene in any Halloween movie with poor Bucky getting tossed into the transformer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:31 pm 

yeah, i guess i consider "Halloween" a standalone classic, then II is serviceable...III is so different it's not a sequel...so H4 really felt like the first real sequel to the series. i didn't mind it...has your average 80's fare. and i remember going to my local video store in 1988 and picking up a little magazine of upcoming videos and the cover was H4, and it just haunted me as a kid. that and "lair of the white worm" were featured in the mag. so i've always had some nostalgic connection to it.

"monster squad" is such a hoot. absolutely nailed the 80's kids adventure subgenre...yeah it ripped off "goonies" but it was so entertaining, who cares.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 am 

AMC

Monday, October 30, 2017

4:00am – Return to House on Haunted Hill
5:45am – Voodoo Woman
9:00am – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
11:00am – Halloween II
1:30pm – Halloween (1978)
3:30pm – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
5:30pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
7:30pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
9:30pm – Halloween (1978)
11:30pm – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

1:30am – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
3:30am – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
5:30am – Invasion of Neptune Men
5:45am – The Creation of the Humanoids
9:00am – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
11:00am – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
1:00pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
3:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
5:00pm – Halloween II
7:30pm – Halloween (1978)
9:30pm – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
11:30pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers

TCM

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

8:30am – White Zombie
10:00am – Mad Love
10:00am – Dementia 13
1:00pm – 13 Ghosts
2:30pm – The Fearless Vampire Killers
4:30pm – House of Wax
6:00pm – Poltergeist (1982)
8:00pm – The Old Dark House
9:30pm – The Haunting
11:30pm – House on the Haunted Hill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:22 am 

Finished the Halloween season watching John Carpenter's The Thing. I could watch that movie over and over. It never gets old.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Watched the Peanuts Halloween program last night. Not quite on the level of the Xmas one but it was enjoyable. I didn't know my
stepson was such a fan which warmed the cockles of my heart just slightly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
SuperMario wrote:
Finished the Halloween season watching John Carpenter's The Thing. I could watch that movie over and over. It never gets old.

I was telling my wife about that one this weekend. They interviewed Carpenter on CBS Sunday Morning to talk about Halloween and he had a
The Thing movie poster in his house.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:15 am 

carpenter wasn't always proud of "the thing". he might even still be a little bit salty about it now. it was a big box office disappointment, and he really seemed to think of it as a labor of love. his homage to h.p. lovecraft, too, at the time.

i go back and forth which i love more, "halloween" or "the thing"--but they are two different kinds of horror movies.

i've watched scenes of the prequel, and boy does CGI just absolutely ruin it. seems like it had some potential. the guys who were hired went on to make their own practical effects horror film "harbinger down", because they were so mad about being replaced by computers with "the thing" prequel.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:34 am 

W_Z wrote:
carpenter wasn't always proud of "the thing". he might even still be a little bit salty about it now. it was a big box office disappointment, and he really seemed to think of it as a labor of love. his homage to h.p. lovecraft, too, at the time.

i go back and forth which i love more, "halloween" or "the thing"--but they are two different kinds of horror movies.

i've watched scenes of the prequel, and boy does CGI just absolutely ruin it. seems like it had some potential. the guys who were hired went on to make their own practical effects horror film "harbinger down", because they were so mad about being replaced by computers with "the thing" prequel.

Yeah, Halloween and The Thing are 1A and 1B as far as Carpenter's and horror movies as a whole. They are both great in different ways. Both have a common theme about the unknown, though.

And agree on The Thing prequel. Saw it in the theater. It wasn't bad, and it was interesting to see what precipitated to get those half-human charred remains and other aspects. But yes, the CGI was bad and took me out of the movie. It's amazing what good practical effects can do. When Norris' head rips off and starts walking away. That still looks great.

Carpenter has said the same about Big Trouble in Little China. It wasn't a box office hit, and I know he was disappointed in it. But it's still a great movie. Maybe I'll watch that one tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:29 pm 

Here we are again! Trying to get to this a little earlier this year. 10 years and going strong. Happy X Anniversary, Halloween TV Schedule thread.

First week/end. SyFy 31 Days of Halloween is...kinda full of suck. And i didn't realize Marvel films constituted as horror.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

6:00am – The Twilight Zone
6:30am – The Twilight Zone
7:00am – American Horror House
9:00am – American Psycho
11:12am – American Pyscho 2: All American Girl
1:12pm – Finders Keepers
3:13pm – Silent House
5:10pm – Iron Man 3
8:00pm – Avengers: Age of Ultron
11:00pm – The Purge
Thursday, October 4, 2018

6:00am – Van Helsing
6:59am – Van Helsing
7:58am – Van Helsing
8:57am – Van Helsing
9:56am – Van Helsing
10:55am – Van Helsing
11:55am – Van Helsing
12:55pm – Van Helsing
3:24pm – Avengers: Age of Ultron
6:24pm – Insidious
8:45pm – Jeepers Creepers 3
10:52pm – Insidious: Chapter 3
Friday, October 5, 2018

6:00am – Z Nation
7:00am – Z Nation
8:00am – Z Nation
9:00am – Z Nation
10:00am – Z Nation
11:00am – Z Nation
12:00pm – Z Nation
1:00pm – Z Nation
2:00pm – Insidious
4:26pm – Insidious: Chapter 2
6:55pm – Jeepers Creepers 3
9:00pm – Z Nation (Season 5 Premiere)
10:00pm – Van Helsing (Season 3 Premiere)
11:03pm – Z Nation
Saturday, October 6, 2018

8:00am – Z Nation
9:00am – Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever
10:54am – Cabin Fever
1:00pm – Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead
3:03pm – Wrong Turn
5:00pm – Cabin in the Woods
7:00pm – You Might Be the Killer
9:00pm – No Escape Room (New Syfy Original)
Sunday, October 7, 2018

8:00am – The Twilight Zone
8:30am – Wrong Turn
10:25am – Fright Night
12:45pm – The Cabin in the Woods
2:45pm – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
6:15pm – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:30 pm 

AMC FearFest is coming in a few weeks...so prepare:

Sunday, October 14, 2018

1:00am – Ghost Rider
7:29am – Halloween II
9:29am – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
11:29am – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
1:29pm – Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
3:29pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
5:29pm – Halloween (1978)
Monday, October 15, 2018

Eli Roth’s History of Horror
Return To House On Haunted Hill
Poltergeist
The Hills Have Eyes
The Crazies
Trick R Treat
The Exorcist
Exorcist II
Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Exorcist III
House on Haunted Hill
Hellraiser Revelations
Return of the Living Dead
Day of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Army of Darkness
28 Days Later
Ghost Ship
Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Piranha
Lake Placid
The Apparition
Eight Legged Freaks
I, Frankenstein
Horns
Ghost Ship
Cult of Chucky
Curse of Chucky
Thursday, October 18, 2018

Curse of Chucky
Alien
Invasion of the Neptune Men
Halloween (1978)
Halloween II
Halloween III
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
Halloween (1978)
Halloween H20
Friday, October 19, 2018

Halloween (1978)
Halloween II
Violent Midnight
Halloween III
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
Halloween (1978)
Halloween H20
Halloween (1978)
Saturday, October 20, 2018

Piranha 3DD
Graveyard Shift
Dead Zone
Misery
Firestarter
Thinner
Silver Bullet
Christine
Sunday, October 21, 2018

Carrie
The Exorcist
Friday the 13th

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:32 pm 

FreeForm trying to get into the mix...nothing says horror flick like..."The Parent Trap". and that spooky "Breakfast Club"!

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

4:00pm – Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
6:30pm – Disney – Pixar’s Monsters University
9:00pm – Monster House
12:00am – The Final Girls
Thursday, October 4, 2018

5:00pm – ParaNorman
7:00pm – Monster House
9:00pm – The Addams Family (1991)
12:00am – Teen Spirit
Friday, October 5, 2018

12:30pm – The Parent Trap (1998)
3:30pm – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
6:10pm – The Addams Family (1991)
8:20pm – The Goonies
12:00am – The Breakfast Club
Saturday, October 6, 2018

7:00am – The Parent Trap (1998)
10:10am – Monster House
12:20pm – Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
2:50pm – The Haunted Mansion (2003)
4:55pm – The Goonies
7:35pm – Hocus Pocus
9:45pm – Maleficent
11:50pm – Warm Bodies

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next