It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The day has finally arrived! Who's ready?

If you want to get caught up, AMC is running a marathon of last season right fucking now!

Tonight's episode is an hour and a half!

FUCK YEAH!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:58 pm 

first episode was kinda meh. Things should get going now that they are moving on to the farm. But, does this mean the neighborhood they stumble upon after leaving Atlanta is not going to make an appearance or are they just shuffling things around and telling them out of order?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I'd guess they don't show it.

Yeah kinda boring.

Church zombies made me laugh.

Carl getting shot was the highlight of the ep.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I really, really wish someone would shoot and or eat that stupid blonde. How fucking whiny and annoying is she? Good lord, the whole episode she is bitching about her gun or who has a gun and she wanted to kill herself, well slut I hope you finally find a way to "opt out".

Can't stand her stupid face, can't stand her annoying ways and I can't stand her being alive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
I really, really wish someone would shoot and or eat that stupid blonde. How fucking whiny and annoying is she? Good lord, the whole episode she is bitching about her gun or who has a gun and she wanted to kill herself, well slut I hope you finally find a way to "opt out".

Can't stand her stupid face, can't stand her annoying ways and I can't stand her being alive.

If you don't like Andrea then you should probably stop watching the show, she ain't going away anytime soon.

My guess is IMU is right in that they are just trying to set her up for a big shift in her outlook/personality that will come about hopefully sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:44 am 

shakes wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

If you don't like Andrea then you should probably stop watching the show, she ain't going away anytime soon.

My guess is IMU is right in that they are just trying to set her up for a big shift in her outlook/personality that will come about hopefully sooner rather than later.

Nah, I'm going to keep watching and hoping in vain that she gets eaten or one of the group members gets tired of her dumb-ass self and cuts her head off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I thought the episode was pretty good, a little slow at times but there wasn't anything in there that
wasn't essential to the plot. I was getting a little tired of watching the search for the little girl but
the ending left me excited for next weeks episode.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I'm hooked yet again.

Also watched episode one of American Horror. Wasn't sure what the F I just saw, but I'll be tuning in going forward.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:55 pm 

shakes wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

part of the problem is I just wish she was hotter. I am shallow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:56 pm 

Episode 2 last night was a bit more of the same. A lot of acting and not a whole lot of action.
I thought it was a ballsy move for the two guys to go to the school for medical equipment. I
am going to guess that they'll introduce some new characters that will bail these guys out now
that they are pinned down with apparently nowhere to go.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:57 pm 

shakes wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

She almost got taken out by a walker last night but I knew she would make it out of there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:59 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Episode 2 last night was a bit more of the same. A lot of acting and not a whole lot of action.
I thought it was a ballsy move for the two guys to go to the school for medical equipment. I
am going to guess that they'll introduce some new characters that will bail these guys out now
that they are pinned down with apparently nowhere to go.

I'm thinking fatty is going to give himself up to save Shane and the supplies. It's his fault anyway that Rick's son is shot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 pm 

I was totally rooting for Andrea to get eating in the woods. Her screaming at the top of her lungs was a great idea too...hopefully someone will just shoot her or use her as bait for zombies and stuff.

Other then that, yeah, it was a pretty good episode with some action, some acting and some story. I enjoyed it.

Oh, and I was hoping that old vet/doctor was going to slap Ricks wife a few times after she was grilling him. I know she was looking for a confidence boost and wasn't all that happy that he was a vet.....but it isn't like there is a hospital nearby that has a full staff of doctors who aren't the walking dead looking to tear you open, eat your guts and ruin your day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:56 pm 

I find the high school storyline interesting because that isn't in the comics. So it will be interesting for me to see what happens since I have no clue.

I was disappointed to see what is probably a penny pinching move by AMC in that Herschel only has 1 living child in the tv show (Maggie). In the book he has several and what happens to them is a pretty big part of the story. In general there were a lot more people at the farm in the book than there is in the tv show.

This penny pinching does not bode well for those of us diehard fans who are looking forward to seeing certain major characters show up. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those characters get axed from the narrative altogether.

One thing I see happening though is the stay at the farm won't be nearly as long as it was in the book. There's just not enough characters there to sustain it. That can be a good thing cause it looks from the season long previews they showed week 1 that they will in fact be making an appearance at the sub division they stumbled upon before reaching the farm in the book. I guess they will be going there after the farm.

Also, by shortening up the farm that means we will probably see THE major setpiece of the entire series this season instead of season 3. And that means we might even be introduced to the show's sword wielding leading lady and maybe even the Governor before this season ends. :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
i never heard of this show until ten days ago.. so i dvr the marathon and i think have seen everything now...last nights episode was the worst one i have seen....has the hillbilly who hacksaws hand off been seen again?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:27 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
I believe he says he has 2 living children when out on the porch...isn't Otis' wife his other daughter?

Pretty sure he said one, but I could be wrong. In the comics, Otis and his wife have no relation to Herschel. They are neighbors who came to stay with them because the farm is more secure.

He did say that his wife and stepson had died from the zombies...maybe that's what you heard?

I thought the show took a bit of a copout with the way Carl was shot. In the show, its clearly a faultless accident. Carl is standing behind the deer and the bullet goes through the deer and hits him. Otis didn't see him and there's really no way he can be blamed for that. In the book, Otis either misses the deer completely or accidentally thinks Carl is the deer (don't remember off hand which scenario it is) and Rick gets a lot more pissed off at him for it.

The show seems to be taking a lot of these little copouts I've noticed. Not casting the twin boys was a huge copout. In the book there are two twin boys aged around 9-10 years old who are with them since Atlanta. Both their parents get killed by the zombies at different points of the story and one of the twins ends up becoming a serial killing 10 year old who murders his brother just to look at his guts. Carl ends up executing the kid once he realizes how fucked up he is. I guess I can see why AMC wouldn't want to put that stuff in a tv show, but its too bad cause its shit like that that makes the series so great and feel so real. The way these kids are affected by the whole zombie thing is a big part of the book and something that has never been dealt with in the genre previously.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:28 pm 

312player wrote:
i never heard of this show until ten days ago.. so i dvr the marathon and i think have seen everything now...last nights episode was the worst one i have seen....has the hillbilly who hacksaws hand off been seen again?

Not yet...and he doesn't exist in the book version. But, my guess is we'll see him take on the role of a very prominent character in the books later this season or early in season 3.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:32 pm 

shakes wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
I believe he says he has 2 living children when out on the porch...isn't Otis' wife his other daughter?

Pretty sure he said one, but I could be wrong. In the comics, Otis and his wife have no relation to Herschel. They are neighbors who came to stay with them because the farm is more secure.

He did say that his wife and stepson had died from the zombies...maybe that's what you heard?

I thought the show took a bit of a copout with the way Carl was shot. In the show, its clearly a faultless accident. Carl is standing behind the deer and the bullet goes through the deer and hits him. Otis didn't see him and there's really no way he can be blamed for that. In the book, Otis either misses the deer completely or accidentally thinks Carl is the deer (don't remember off hand which scenario it is) and Rick gets a lot more pissed off at him for it.

The show seems to be taking a lot of these little copouts I've noticed. Not casting the twin boys was a huge copout. In the book there are two twin boys aged around 9-10 years old who are with them since Atlanta. Both their parents get killed by the zombies at different points of the story and one of the twins ends up becoming a serial killing 10 year old who murders his brother just to look at his guts. Carl ends up executing the kid once he realizes how fucked up he is. I guess I can see why AMC wouldn't want to put that stuff in a tv show, but its too bad cause its shit like that that makes the series so great and feel so real. The way these kids are affected by the whole zombie thing is a big part of the book and something that has never been dealt with in the genre previously.

Last edited by SomeGuy on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:26 pm 

Agreed. It's almost worth starting a second "Walking Dead" thread for us who have not read the comics.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:57 pm 

Considering how often the show has veered from the comic story its hard to say what's a spoiler and what isn't . For instance, one of the major characters in the tv show is already dead at this point in the story. The high school setpiece with Shane and Otis didn't happen in the books, neither did the CDC from last season.

Anyway, you bitches need to start reading the books, they're amazing. But, I'll cool it on things that I believe are most likely going to show up in the tv series such as when the aliens get released from Area 51 and get infected by zombies and become alien zombies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:00 pm 

shakes wrote:
Considering how often the show has veered from the comic story its hard to say what's a spoiler and what isn't . For instance, one of the major characters in the tv show is already dead at this point in the story. The high school setpiece with Shane and Otis didn't happen in the books, neither did the CDC from last season.

Anyway, you bitches need to start reading the books, they're amazing. But, I'll cool it on things that I believe are most likely going to show up in the tv series such as when the aliens get released from Area 51 and get infected by zombies and become alien zombies.

Yeah, that was a pretty awesome scene, especially since they were alien zombies with huge wangs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:15 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Idea: Don't discuss the comic happenings at all in the thread about the TV Show.

But then, after the aliens are discovered to be the zombies with huge throbbing wangs Godzilla shows up and T-Dog blames it all on George W. Bush.

The end.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:31 pm 

Did you guys catch the cool little Breaking Bad easter egg in the last episode? When Darryl pulled out Merle's stash of drugs he had a bunch of blue meth at the bottom of the bag. Considering BB and WD are on the same network I'm assuming that was an intentional homage to the blue meth on Breaking Bad. Pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:32 pm 

shakes wrote:
Did you guys catch the cool little Breaking Bad easter egg in the last episode? When Darryl pulled out Merle's stash of drugs he had a bunch of blue meth at the bottom of the bag. Considering BB and WD are on the same network I'm assuming that was an intentional homage to the blue meth on Breaking Bad. Pretty cool.

http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2011/10/b ... apocalypse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:33 pm 

That was pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Shane, you sonofabitch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Yea, that episode was quite a thing. Quite a thing indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 am 

Pretty good episode I am going to have to rewatch it to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Shane's move near the end was very surprising.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
It's interesting that the Shane and Lori angle is being brought back up especially after what happened in the CDC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:33 am 

I didn't think it was brought back up.

Shane is gonna continue to deteriorate and get very dark.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 85  Next