It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
immessedup17 wrote:
Rick Grimes kills more than one zombie in the next few episodes.

/spoiler.

Many of the survivors behave inappropriately.

/spoiler.

This has to be someone's signature.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Tonights episode was prett fucking cool. A Michael Rooker appearance was a nice surprise, and the overall story was solid. Rick's idea and Glenn's overall performance were great.

A question for shakes or anybody else who's read the comic. Do they say what the level of "intelligence" the geeks have? Are there different sub-species of zombies that are more aware and less mindless?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Tonights episode was prett fucking cool. A Michael Rooker appearance was a nice surprise, and the overall story was solid. Rick's idea and Glenn's overall performance were great.

A question for shakes or anybody else who's read the comic. Do they say what the level of "intelligence" the geeks have? Are there different sub-species of zombies that are more aware and less mindless?

I haven't watched tonight's episode since I have to wait for it to come out on itunes tomorrow, but nice to hear that Glenn had a big part in it.

As for the zombies, they're all mindless. They are attracted to sound and will follow it from pretty far away. Now that I think of it there might be a couple different distinctions....there are some zombies they call roamers who move around and are more active and then there are some that pretty much just stay in one place and only become dangerous if you wander into their area. The roamers sometimes form into huge herds of 100s or even 1000s and follow any living people they come across, even if that means following them for weeks on a road.

One thing I noticed was that on the tv show the zombies can move pretty fast. In the books, they never get above walking speed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 am 

Thanks shakes.

Yeah they are pretty quick at times, almost like they are running.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:54 am 

I enjoyed it. There was good action and dialogue. I was waiting for him to use that grenade. I figured he'd drop it on them when he was climing up the fire escape.

The racist guy is going to die of dehydration before the zombies get to him. He's working on day 2 of being chained up on a hot roof. I was really suprised that guy got killed off as he is a known bit character in movies. I figured he'd have some kind of starring role in this series.

It takes a special guy to roll a girl over and do her doggie style in an open field during a zombie apocalypse with her kid a few hundred yards away. I'd like to kick the casting director in the balls for not having hotter women. Also, this is cable, feel free to show a little skin. I almost wish this was on HBO.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Alright, my original assessment of "meh" was wrong. I gave the first episode another shot and enjoyed it enough to watch #2. It now has a series recording set up on my dvr.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
I wouldn't write off that Dixon guy on the roof just yet...

From the previews I saw last night, they will introduce his brother next week. Said brother is Norman Reedus from The Boondock Saints.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

From the previews I saw last night, they will introduce his brother next week. Said brother is Norman Reedus from The Boondock Saints.

and the not as good Boondock Saints 2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:09 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

and the not as good Boondock Saints 2

That movie is on my list of movies that do not exist.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 am 

Good idea. It was on my list of movies to avoid.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
What a damn fine show. Really enjoyed the 2nd episode. Quickly moving up my favorite list

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: nowhere
Just got around to seein ep 2 today. Its moving along quite nicely. Glad to see some new characters introduced. Glens a good character.

The cops wife is just a primal slut who takes cock from the 1st man who can protect her. Assumes her husband is dead so she just bangs his partner...my kind of girl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:11 am 

watched it last night. Loved it. Glad to see Glenn and Andrea show up. I have to go back and loo at the books cause I don't remember them handcuffing anyone to the roof and leaving him there to die. But did you notice he knocked over the bag with the hacksaw when he was running on the roof...Im sure that will come into play and the redneck will be able to free himself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 pm 

Just read some terrible news about the show....this first season is only 6 episodes! :cry:

Second season has already been green lit for 13 episodes, but it won't premiere till next Halloween.

I can understand the 6 episode thing, new show, looks like a pretty big budget in terms of set pieces, I guess they wanted to see if it would be good before spending a ton of money on a full run.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
shakes wrote:
Just read some terrible news about the show....this first season is only 6 episodes! :cry:

Second season has already been green lit for 13 episodes, but it won't premiere till next Halloween.

I can understand the 6 episode thing, new show, looks like a pretty big budget in terms of set pieces, I guess they wanted to see if it would be good before spending a ton of money on a full run.

6 episodes then done until Halloween 2011? Hard to believe they'd wait that long if they could help it. Show would lose all of its momentum. Sucks if true:(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:54 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Don't worry about it losing steam. This has a good following, and the marketing campaign has worked so far. They will air season 1 again in the weeks leading up to Halloween 2011, and they will definitely push Season 2.

yeah, I'm sure it will do just fine. The ratings have been through the roof.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:52 am 

So the partner told the wife the guy was dead? If I'm the husband that still wouldn't play well with me. I'd hope my wife was interested enough to verify whether this was true or not.

Are they saying that the zombie apocalypse started soon after his partner's visit to the hospital?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 am 

So what happened to the guy on the roof? It really didn't make any sense to me. If he got to the hacksaw, couldn't he cut the chain on the handcuffs to free himself? Why would he cut his hand off? If the zombies ended up eating him, why would they leave the hand, and wouldn't the roof be messy as hell? That ending really kind of bugged me.

I'm kind of bummed there are only three episodes left. You can't tell much of a story with only 6 episodes. I was hoping for a 12-13 episode run.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:03 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
DB, the hacksaw would have taken a lot of time to cut through the chain, time he thought he didn't have. The chains on the door to the stairwell were still closed, so zombies couldn't have gotten up there unless they parachutted in. I don't think we're dealing with paratrooper zombies. So he must have cut his own hand off at the wrist. Where he is now I have no idea...

It's kinda hard to buy that explanation. How long could it take to saw through a handcuff chain? That whole roof scenario was bullshit. After the dude tripped and the key fell down the drain, why didn't the guy at least give the dude the hacksaw to begin with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am 

Paratrooper zombies. :lol: :lol:

I think that Merle sawed his hand off as well. It does suck that there are only 3 episodes left this season, but hopefully the last 3 advance the story a bit.

Last night's episode was good. The reunion between Lori and Carl and Rick was very well done. And Shane's reaction when he first saw Rick was interesting. He realized that the "family" that he had built was gone. He was so frustrated when Lori sent Carl away, and then he let it out on Ed's face. Ed looked like Margarito when Shane was finished pummeling him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:26 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
After rewatching the episode, Shane did lie intentionally it sounds like...

When Lori tells Rick the story of them thinking he was flown out to Atlanta, Lori and Shane exchange a "knowing" glance, and Shane seems relieved with the reason Lori gives...and its not the truth.

I agree. Shane wanted some of that all to himself and made up this convenient story that he thought would probably become true anyway. Before this season is done, the guy is going to snap. You already saw the beginning of that when he beat that guys face in, Patrick Kane style.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:38 am 

Looking at the extended preview online, it doesn't look like he snaps, he just starts to be more of a copy who abuses his power.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:19 pm 

I'm so fucking pissed off. For some reason the show isn't available for me yet on itunes. Not that it isn't available for others, apparently I'm the only one getting fucked. Called itunes and they say they are having a system issue which is preventing them from making the show available for some customers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:39 am 

Watched it last night, great as usual. So pissed off it ends in 3 episodes. Great to see more of the characters I know from the books be introduced. They really nailed Carol's character. Same with Andrea. There are a couple main characters that were left out which is disappointing, in the book there are a set of twin boys around the age of 6 who have a pretty big part in the story, but I can see why they were left out given what happens to them. There are some things that even a gory show like this won't put on tv.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
immessedup17 wrote:
Epic episode....intense. What an awesome show.

I yelled that at the TV while the zombie attack was happening. Pretty gory stuff of cable tv. They hit all the right notes with the attack...people sitting there in shock as the zombies eat them, zombies chewing on stuff, blood etc etc.

This show is just fucking awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:33 pm 

Even in a zombie apocalypse, Mexicans still ruin everything....

:D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i'm watching the last ~10 minutes here... i hope the whiny crying blonde bitch straddling the freshly deceased daughter-girl gets bit-n-eaten by the daughter girl waking up.... AW DAMMIT.

still tho, proper way to send off an episode! huzzah!

btw when does the one-handed arch nemesis of cole trickle dude show up again? i missed the last few episodes prior to tonight, but i did see a little glance where they went back to get him and he was gone with a hand on the ground. hardcore!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:25 pm 

Watched it last night, it was fucking awesome. They did a great job with the zombie attack, I've been looking forward to that since the season started. Poor Amy, I knew your days were numbered but it was still pretty shocking to see how it went down. Nice to see Andrea start to become a badass.

Pretty cool to see the differences between the book and the tv show. All that stuff with the vatos never happened in the book. And the whole plot of next week's show was never in the book. At first i was a little weary of them changing things up since the book is near perfect, but I can see why they felt to do it in order to move the story along in tv form and its working out great. I'm sure teh finale will line up with the books though and I can't wait to see it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Pop a cap in yo ass ese

I thought their story was pretty cool. Although they acted like idiots at 1st you can understand once their leader explains their situation

Can't wait till Merle resurfaces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:12 pm 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Pop a cap in yo ass ese

I thought their story was pretty cool. Although they acted like idiots at 1st you can understand once their leader explains their situation

Can't wait till Merle resurfaces

I agree. I posted before the whole story was known. Very cool way it played out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 85  Next