It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Coming back from the commercial with the guy at the CDC was very much like the start of Lost season 2.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:40 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Coming back from the commercial with the guy at the CDC was very much like the start of Lost season 2.

Was that the guy from the hatch? I said the same thing last night, but my wife told me I was wrong. This could be some sweet vindication for me. I think I need to do a little research.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:02 am 

Not the same guy. Guy from last night was the assistant coach in Miracle.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
immessedup17 wrote:
After watching this episode, I can't figure out what type of cliffhanger they are going to end the season with...

I haven't watched it yet, but from what I've heard and the interviews I read it sure sounds like they are not going to end this season the way the first volume of the graphic novel ended....which is really sad cause that would've been a great ending. They are really starting to distance themselves from the comic book in some major regards, not sure if that is a wise decision.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:03 pm 

I have never read the comic books but I think this show gets better every week. It's going to be difficult to explain one person being alive from the entire CDC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:06 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I have never read the comic books but I think this show gets better every week. It's going to be difficult to explain one person being alive from the entire CDC.

Here's my theory. This dude infected everyone in the CDC one by one to try and find the cure. The samples he was testing was the last of his "fresh" samples. I think this dude just found some new test subjects..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:08 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Here's my theory. This dude infected everyone in the CDC one by one to try and find the cure. The samples he was testing was the last of his "fresh" samples. I think this dude just found some new test subjects..

That'd be pretty fucked up.

and AWESOME!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:17 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That'd be pretty fucked up.

and AWESOME!

That seems to be what they are implying by the coming attractions for next week. It looks like he infected the woman who's sister died. I think it will be difficult to play this scenario out in one hour and this is the last episode for a long time.

I'm wondering how all these military tanks get overrun by zombies. It would seem that you could just close the doors and fire away or just run over them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:19 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I'm wondering how all these military tanks get overrun by zombies. It would seem that you could just close the doors and fire away or just run over them.

I find that pretty strange also. But I guess you will eventually run out of fuel, and then food/water, and then what do you do when they keep on coming?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:49 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Unless the disease came from within.

I imagine that if a zombie attack really happened the first batch of infected would be treated as normal sick people and be brought to hospitals. From there the zombies would kill/infect all the doctors and nurses and the disease would spread outward. Remember in episode one at the hospital the military had set up shop to protect it, but what would happen if the attack on the military came from behind, i.e. zombies leaving the hospital. Same principle could apply to military bases since initialy the military would probably be doing crowd control and non violent means of "helping" the infected. It would only be natural for military to get bitten and brought back behind the lines for triage.

It seems that eventually the military would figure this out and shoot first/ask later, but by then the chain of command could be so compromised that organized military attacks become impossible leaving rogue squads fighting on their own with resources that would eventually run out without a supply line.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:55 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
I meant intentionally within from the CDC, and got out of hand. Biological weapon testing / conspiracy type shit. The CDC / USAMRIID / etc... Not everyone had to be "in" on it.

Like The Stand.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:58 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
I meant intentionally within from the CDC, and got out of hand. Biological weapon testing / conspiracy type shit. The CDC / USAMRIID / etc... Not everyone had to be "in" on it.

Like The Stand.

The Stand is one of my all time favorite books, would love to see a modern day remake on the small screen. But, I wonder if the heavy handed religious themes are a little too much for mass appeal.

Kinda funny that I have an easier time accepting zombies than I do accepting jesus.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
What is your level of acceptance of the Messiah, Zombie Jesus.

:lol:

Have fun in Hell.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
immessedup17 wrote:
What is your level of acceptance of the Messiah, Zombie Jesus.

Awesome

This is my favorite part:

The Easter Bunny vs Zombie Jesus wrote:
A small sect of the internet (ie. One Person) follows the belief that the Easter Bunny is the sole reason that Zombie Jesus has not brought about a zombie apocalypse yet. This belief system, called Lapinism, seeks to explain the non-Jesus related themes of easter, such as pastel eggs and chocolate rabbits, by using 20th Century American action movie logic. Every year, on Easter, Zombie Jesus rises from the grave, meant to bring about a cleansing of the human race through cannibalistic acts. The only one opposing Zombie Jesus in this is the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny uses a vast arsenal of weaponry, including Pastel painted grenades (which is what brought about hiding eggs, in an attempt to fool Zombie Jesus into thinking these are grenades), helps him drive Zombie Jesus back to his grave, which magically changes places every year. The most memorable fight between these two formidable opponents took place in a chocolate factory, where the Easter Bunny made a full size chocolate replica of himself to confuse Zombie Jesus, which is why we now have chocolate rabbits every Easter.

Last edited by sjboyd0137 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:30 pm 

shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

Like The Stand.

The Stand is one of my all time favorite books, would love to see a modern day remake on the small screen. But, I wonder if the heavy handed religious themes are a little too much for mass appeal.

How could you forget???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:40 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
[Image

How could you forget???

I didn't forget, hence my use of the word "remake".

For a cheesy network mini series the original wasn't that bad. They pretty much just stuck to the book which isnt' a bad thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:50 pm 

shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
[Image

How could you forget???

I didn't forget, hence my use of the word "remake".

For a cheesy network mini series the original wasn't that bad. They pretty much just stuck to the book which isnt' a bad thing.

yeah, i don't really read your posts. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
You guys have really gotten me interested in this series. I noticed that they are
doing a marathon starting Sunday afternoon and playing all of the previous episodes
back to back finishing with the season finale. DVR is all set to go.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
The last episode was bad ass.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:29 pm 

In the scenes from next weeks episode they showed a clip where the CDC guy explains some of the history on this disease ("the French held out the longest"). I would think I'm going to get my wish and get an explanation of the genesis.

Is the CDC episode in the comic books?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:39 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
In the scenes from next weeks episode they showed a clip where the CDC guy explains some of the history on this disease ("the French held out the longest"). I would think I'm going to get my wish and get an explanation of the genesis.

Nope, CDC is not in the books. But, neither is Merle or his brother or that entire department store storyline from episode 2. Not sure how I feel about the CDC stuff for next episode, its a little too Lost-ish for my liking. Also, I think it takes away from the main storyline which is leading me to believe that the HUGE event that SHOULD happen Sunday won't be happening after all...and that will really be disappointing.

Getting an explanation has never been a factor in the comics, the day to day struggles of just surviving has taken precedent and carried the book with no problem for over 80 issues. I don't really see why they feel the need to mess with that. Once they get an explanation its not going to change anything anyway.

They also didn't do a very good job with Jim's death last episode. In the book, they handled it better in that you knew exactly why he wanted to be left alive, the show was a little murky on that. I've been reading lots of messgae boards and most who haven't read the book don't understand what that was all about. In the book, Jim makes it clear that he wants to come back as a zombie so he can track down his zombie family and rejoin them.

I did like the way they handled Amy's death better on tv than in the book. In the book, Andrea shoots her in the head right away as opposed to waiting for her to become a zombie....it was cool to see her actually turn and to see how long it took as well as the process involved. Plus it was pretty tense watchign Andrea get that close to her zombie sister.

I will say that even though Laurie Holden (Andrea) is a good actor, they really screwed up giving her that role. Andrea should be ALOT younger and innocent looking, similar to Amy. It makes her eventual transfermation into the person she becomes that much more dramatic. On the show she's already kind of a bad ass which kinda ruins it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:02 pm 

shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Nope, CDC is not in the books. But, neither is Merle or his brother or that entire department store storyline from episode 2. Not sure how I feel about the CDC stuff for next episode, its a little too Lost-ish for my liking. Also, I think it takes away from the main storyline which is leading me to believe that the HUGE event that SHOULD happen Sunday won't be happening after all...and that will really be disappointing.

Getting an explanation has never been a factor in the comics, the day to day struggles of just surviving has taken precedent and carried the book with no problem for over 80 issues. I don't really see why they feel the need to mess with that. Once they get an explanation its not going to change anything anyway.

They also didn't do a very good job with Jim's death last episode. In the book, they handled it better in that you knew exactly why he wanted to be left alive, the show was a little murky on that. I've been reading lots of messgae boards and most who haven't read the book don't understand what that was all about. In the book, Jim makes it clear that he wants to come back as a zombie so he can track down his zombie family and rejoin them.

I did like the way they handled Amy's death better on tv than in the book. In the book, Andrea shoots her in the head right away as opposed to waiting for her to become a zombie....it was cool to see her actually turn and to see how long it took as well as the process involved. Plus it was pretty tense watchign Andrea get that close to her zombie sister.

I will say that even though Laurie Holden (Andrea) is a good actor, they really screwed up giving her that role. Andrea should be ALOT younger and innocent looking, similar to Amy. It makes her eventual transfermation into the person she becomes that much more dramatic. On the show she's already kind of a bad ass which kinda ruins it.

This is part of the reason that I'm kind of glad that i didn't read the graphic novel before seeing the show. I can see it with fresh eyes.

But I'm still looking forward to reading the graphic novel druring the break between seasons.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
welp let's see what they're going to do with this. i had almost forgotten about it. tally ho!

i think this doctor dude is going to try and infect some fresh meat for further studies (i.e. the good of the world versus the good of one or more people), but that's just me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:38 am 

Good final episode for the season. See ya CDC. Bye Doc and Jackie.

Shane is a wacko. He tried to do right by Rick, but couldn't get him out of the hospital. When he explains to Laurie, she seems content, which is ended by Shane trying to force himself on her. He apparently subscribes to the Hova school of thought regarding women.

Sort of hinted at an explanation for what caused the zombies. But nothing definitive. TS-19 was Jenner's wife. Revealed he's basically just a schlub. His old lady was the real brains of the operation. Too bad she got zombified. That explains why Jenner was so upset last week when the last of the samples burned up. It was the last piece of his wife.

The whisper is something that apparently will play a major role in season 2. And Robert Kirkman has some interesting thoughts on what may happen in season 2 regarding Merle.

It's gonna be a long wait until Halloween 2011.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:40 am 

Kirkman interview

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Walking-Dead-Finale-Kirkman-1026436.aspx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:29 am 

Good season ender. It wrapped enough up to be satisfying and gave you enough to think about to keep it interesting.

I got the backround I was looking for from the beginning and I think it really added to the concept. We saw Shane really wasn't the bad guy he has become. We saw the absolute chaos of the beginning of the apocalypse.

I don't understand the absolute lack of hope. They could caravan to some pretty remote spots that have both food and water sources and probably never see a walker again. You could see Atlanta from where they were before. Go to a mountain with a lake or a national park or something where, even if you do get the occasional zombie, they should be manageable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:17 am 

but they are near a major metropolitan area. They can find gas or at least another car that has a full tank. How hard would it be to find a rural area in the south?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:43 am 

good dolphin wrote:
but they are near a major metropolitan area. They can find gas or at least another car that has a full tank. How hard would it be to find a rural area in the south?

There's abandoned cars everywhere. You would think they could csphon gas into their cars at almost any time that they want.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:10 pm 

Any guesses on what Jenner told the sheriff?

My guess is that the disease is somehow man made. It was tested by the government on its citizens and got out of control...or maybe he fucked the guy's wife as well.

I'm just glad they didn't follow the black woman's suggestion that it is somehow god's wrath.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Any guesses on what Jenner told the sheriff?

He probably told him where his porn stash is at home so nobody discovers it and thinks he some sort of perv.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 85  Next