It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:
why do pickles keep popping up as the go to food everyone craves at the fall of society.

Carl had it right again binging on chocolate pudding.

lots of electrolites. Great for preventing cramps. Last thing you want when being chased by a zombie horde is to cramp up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Oh no! Second tier characters in the hilltop are turning into walking dead and killing lower tier characters, none of which I care about.

And just think, an extra hour tonight!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Oh no! Second tier characters in the hilltop are turning into walking dead and killing lower tier characters, none of which I care about.

And just think, an extra hour tonight!

No extra hour.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:06 pm 

Thank god too.

Holy fuck what was the point of that episode?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
I think it's time that little Henry looks at the flowers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:12 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Thank god too.

Holy fuck what was the point of that episode?

I...
I dont know.

You know what it is!

No. I dont. I have no idea what it is.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:44 pm 

Great first 10-15 minutes.

The rest = Holy dogshit Batman.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
That was a dumb fucking episode.

It would be cool if Jadis cut Negan's balls off, cauterized him up, and just set him free.

I bet he'd be a changed man.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:25 pm 

This better be the best season finale they've ever done to make up for how bad it has been over multiple seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Douchebag wrote:

This was kind of my review of it. The beginning was great and was pretty exciting. A guy at work kind of told me what was going to happen
in the second half of the show and it was worse than he described. I get that it is all make believe but I find it frustrating that there is never
any consistency at how long it takes to turn to a zombie. Carl gets straight up bit and it takes days. You get scratched and some zombie guts
in there and it's less than 24 hours. Whatever fits the writers narrative. I try not to pick nits too much because, well, it's a show about zombies
for crying out loud.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:23 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

This was kind of my review of it. The beginning was great and was pretty exciting. A guy at work kind of told me what was going to happen
in the second half of the show and it was worse than he described. I get that it is all make believe but I find it frustrating that there is never
any consistency at how long it takes to turn to a zombie. Carl gets straight up bit and it takes days. You get scratched and some zombie guts
in there and it's less than 24 hours. Whatever fits the writers narrative. I try not to pick nits too much because, well, it's a show about zombies
for crying out loud.
The massive problem is that the show already declared that everyone has the virus already and that is why everyone turns when they die no matter how it happens and yet getting stabbed with a non-fatal wound ends up turning you into a zombie too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The most frustrating thing about the show is there is potential for compelling storylines and character arcs. But too often they are buried in pile after pile of shit.

The stuff with Simon basically taking over the Saviors? Interesting. But then you have him be an idiot and roam around in the dark in Hilltop after getting in a firefight and he just says "oh well maybe they all left in the 3 minutes since everyone stopped firing".

The stuff about biological warfare and secretly turning people? I can buy it (if I ignore all the other times zombie blood didn't infect people). But then you have these zombies be basically stealth killers where one LITERALLY FALLS DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS INTO A ROOM WITH SLEEPING PEOPLE AND NO ONE WAKES UP!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:27 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

for crying out loud.
The massive problem is that the show already declared that everyone has the virus already and that is why everyone turns when they die no matter how it happens and yet getting stabbed with a non-fatal wound ends up turning you into a zombie too.

I have come around a bit on this.

The wound acts like a zombie bite did early on where it would lead to the infection and that would cause you to die. When people got bit, they would be killed or left for dead. Or have their leg chopped off. If you think someone just got a cut from a knife, they don't know it's the same as being bit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:35 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

for crying out loud.

The wound acts like a zombie bite did early on where it would lead to the infection and that would cause you to die. When people got bit, they would be killed or left for dead. Or have their leg chopped off. If you think someone just got a cut from a knife, they don't know it's the same as being bit.

I think I can buy that.

The show still sucks though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

for crying out loud.

I think I can buy that.

Without question.

And my rationalization doesn't take into account that you have to believe that on all the other times they've used zombie blood and guts as a means to blend in, that no one ever had a cut or had some fluid drip into the mouth or eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:43 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

for crying out loud.

I think I can buy that.

Without question.

And my rationalization doesn't take into account that you have to believe that on all the other times they've used zombie blood and guts as a means to blend in, that no one ever had a cut or had some fluid drip into the mouth or eyes.

Exactly. That's where it falls apart.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:44 pm 

That's why it's a shitty show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:46 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Terry's Peeps wrote:

That's in the comic, too. Somehow in the comic it was much cooler though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:48 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Did the comic have them use the walker guts? I honestly can't remember.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:50 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Did the comic have them use the walker guts? I honestly can't remember.

Yeah, that was right about when I quit reading. But they had an assault force with a bunch of arrows & guts shoot into the camp. Everybody was cool because there weren't life-threatening injuries and then....that night.....AAAAHHHHH....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:01 pm 

Sorry I should have been clearer.

I meant did they ever cover themselves in zombie guts in the comics.

I remember the Saviors using arrows covered in guts. That's how Negan thought Rick was dead. He got the Tara treatment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:42 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
The stuff about biological warfare and secretly turning people? I can buy it (if I ignore all the other times zombie blood didn't infect people). But then you have these zombies be basically stealth killers where one LITERALLY FALLS DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS INTO A ROOM WITH SLEEPING PEOPLE AND NO ONE WAKES UP!

As wife and I were watching this crap last night, I commented that I'm pretty sure that people that have survived years in a world with zombies and other humans wanting to kill, would all probably be pretty damn light sleepers. :lol: Must have been really comfortable laying on a wood floor in the heat...

Also, apparently the Saviors in their impossible to break out of flimsy wire jail didn't need a guard watching them at night. Also nice that a little kid happened to have the key to it...

The guts getting in a cut and infecting you thing is just dumb. Someone with nothing but time could probably find 200 specific examples throughout the show where this didn't happen. Now it happened to 5 people in a night. (If I knew how to post a pic, I'd add one of when Rick was fighting the bloody, spiked zombie at the garbage people and the spike went right through his hand)

Someone mentioned already, but also interesting that Maggie seems to have been pregnant for 3 years, and her stomach actually sinks in still.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:22 pm 

I can't wait until this season ends, because that means I can stop watching it. I thought that the Negan-led Saviors was the high point of the comics anyway. I stopped reading during the Whisperers because it put me to sleep (other than a few Negan storylines). Too much eye-rolling when I watch the episodes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
tommy wrote:
I can't wait until this season ends, because that means I can stop watching it. I thought that the Negan-led Saviors was the high point of the comics anyway. I stopped reading during the Whisperers because it put me to sleep (other than a few Negan storylines). Too much eye-rolling when I watch the episodes.

I think the Negan character has been wasted. Actually find myself longing for the Governor. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: ....
tommy wrote:

How do a bunch of people in a caravan of vars and trucks drive in through a narrow path and not get completely mowed down by all the perched machine guns waiting for them? Also, no Snipers?

I just don't get it. It would be like, "pick a dude to pick off". No way any of those guys makes it to or in the gate.

I apologize to The Hawk

Last edited by Panther pislA on Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:51 am 

Panther pislA wrote:
tommy wrote:

How do a bunch of people in a caravan of vars and trucks drive in through a narrow path and not get completely mowed down by all teh perched machine guns waiting for them? Also, no Snipers?

I just don't get it. It would be like, "pick a dude to pick off". No way any of those guys makes it to or in the gate.

Well the Saviors seem to have an unlimited number of people in their ranks.

Seemed like they had about 50 or so that were on the move last week and then that same number showed up at Hilltop. After the firefight with about 30 people getting mowed down, they still had the same number of people retreating with Simon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:58 am 

T-Bone wrote:
tommy wrote:

I think the Negan character has been wasted. Actually find myself longing for the Governor. :lol:

Probably. He's been wasted but is still ten times as charismatic as Rick. I wish they'd delve into Negan's contradictions--his apparent thoughtfulness vs. his ruthlessness and savagery, his considering people as both a resource and slaves (mental or physical), and his desire for a secure world vs. his wish for maintaining power. Mofo needs his own series.

Rick should have his own series called "Dr. Stupid."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:07 pm 

"What the shit! No really, what the shit!"

Negan saying exactly what we've all been thinking watching the past few season of this show.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:57 pm 

Well that was another hour down the terlet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:00 pm 

The entire world has fallen into an epic bath of shit, you've led a group of people to save them, you are captured by this weird ass lady in a garbage dump... A FUCKING HELICOPTER comes flying by and YOU SAY BARELY ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

I kind of wished the survivor with long hair would have survived.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 85  Next