It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 157  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Jbi11s wrote:
I think they may be working the angle that any character on the show could be a faceless man/woman.

:lol: :lol: Ned was secretly a faceless man and a shapeshifter and he warged into Varys shortly before the execution. Then he turned into a hummingbird and flew into Littlefingers chamber where he killed him and assumed his identity.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Olenna's verbal pounding of Cersei while doing that paperwork was priceless. I thought for sure The Mountain was about to be unleashed. Lots of emotions percolating in the Kingdoms...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
I think they may be working the angle that any character on the show could be a faceless man/woman.

:lol: :lol: Ned was secretly a faceless man and a shapeshifter and he warged into Varys shortly before the execution. Then he turned into a hummingbird and flew into Littlefingers chamber where he killed him and assumed his identity.

:lol:

Angry Hank is great.

I don't think Syrio will be a Faceless Man.

What do we say to the God of Death? NOT TODAY!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I understand the sentiment, but the faceless men have ways had the potential to be anyone. I agree it would be weak writing to find out Tyrion or Sansa is a faceless man, but if a side character like Varys were found to be a face changer I think that would be kinda cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I read about the difference between the Septon Meribald speech and the Brother Ray scenes. Sounds like the TV show really kinda fucked that up.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
https://youtu.be/6lsOmZvdCeg

At the end of that video, they seem to have heard confirmation that the Clegane bros will meet in a battle royale.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 am 

Color me unimpressed with last night. If you havent read the books, good luck caring or following what happened. I was pumped for the Mountain fight scene and it ended before it began.

I also dont think the King has the authority to take away trial by combat.

They drop the Brotherhood Without Banners in about once every 18 episodes and expect people to remember. And now suddenly they are going to head north to battle the white walkers??

The Arya ending was the only thing worthwhile for me.

Fuck Meereen. Fuck it right in the ear. I dont need to see Tyrion, Missandei and Grey Worm play Never Have I Ever.

I'm cranky this morning.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Color me unimpressed with last night. If you havent read the books, good luck caring or following what happened. I was pumped for the Mountain fight scene and it ended before it began.

I also dont think the King has the authority to take away trial by combat.

They drop the Brotherhood Without Banners in about once every 18 episodes and expect people to remember. And now suddenly they are going to head north to battle the white walkers??

The Arya ending was the only thing worthwhile for me.

Fuck Meereen. Fuck it right in the ear. I dont need to see Tyrion, Missandei and Grey Worm play Never Have I Ever.

I'm cranky this morning.

Too many story lines for a 50min show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:24 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I don't like that they've taken Tyrion from a drunken shrewd tactician to an drunken idiot.

It's been a great season but last night's episode was one of the worst of the series.

Is there no explanation for Arya healing from repeated violent stabs to the gut and then floating around in a shit river? The actress is that adept at healing wounds with opium? That was just dumb. Everything with Arya is dumb. I'm trying not to think too much about it but Jaqen's whole purpose was just to train her to help her complete her list I guess? He never meant for her to be a faceless man? I suppose he did tell her when he gave her the coin that she would be able to kill the people on her list but I don't know...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Going into last night I did not expect there to be much happening after reading about eps 9 & 10; however, it was probably the weakest one of the season. No matter, looks like next week's will be epic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:35 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I don't like that they've taken Tyrion from a drunken shrewd tactician to an drunken idiot.

It's been a great season but last night's episode was one of the worst of the series.

Is there no explanation for Arya healing from repeated violent stabs to the gut and then floating around in a shit river? The actress is that adept at healing wounds with opium? That was just dumb. Everything with Arya is dumb. I'm trying not to think too much about it but Jaqen's whole purpose was just to train her to help her complete her list I guess? He never meant for her to be a faceless man? I suppose he did tell her when he gave her the coin that she would be able to kill the people on her list but I don't know...

When she was running down the steps and slid on her stomach head first under the cart, I remarked to my wife "She's a tough motherfucker to be sliding around after three stab wounds to the stomach.

The Tyrion thing is a fucking crime. Meereen ruins everything it touches. Its a bottomless pit of suck... Theon and Asha cant get there fast enough with the ships to take her and Dothraki army to Westeros.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:05 pm 

Help me out here. Why did the soldiers lay down their arms and be taken at River Run? Why didn't they leave with their swords instead of now being hostages or at a minimum being released with no weapons?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:07 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Help me out here. Why did the soldiers lay down their arms and be taken at River Run? Why didn't they leave with their swords instead of now being hostages or at a minimum being released with no weapons?

In the books they spell it out a little more clearly. It was part of the deal that Jaime and Edmure brokered. Also in the books, Blackfish escapes again before the Lannisters take Riverrun. Poor Jackref might be on suicide watch now...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:09 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

In the books they spell it out a little more clearly. It was part of the deal that Jaime and Edmure brokered. Also in the books, Blackfish escapes again before the Lannisters take Riverrun. Poor Jackref might be on suicide watch now...
Wasn't the deal to leave? Are they then going to pick up their weapons and march on?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The entire Arya storyline was ridiculous and largely pointless. She went through all of this training and now what? She's good with a knife? Not going to be that helpful in the zombie war.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Wasn't the deal to leave? Are they then going to pick up their weapons and march on?

The deal was that they would be allowed to go free, without weapons, and vow not to take up arms against the Lannisters or Freys again. Or they could choose to stay but recgonize the Freys as the leige lord of Riverrun. Or they would be allowed to keep their weapons but join the Night's Watch.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:47 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
The entire Arya storyline was ridiculous and largely pointless. She went through all of this training and now what? She's good with a knife? Not going to be that helpful in the zombie war.

It will be helpful when its time to start killing people on her list. Meryn Trant can attest to that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:49 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
The deal was that they would be allowed to go free, without weapons, and vow not to take up arms against the Lannisters or Freys again. Or they could choose to stay but recgonize the Freys as the leige lord of Riverrun. Or they would be allowed to keep their weapons but join the Night's Watch.
Thanks. That makes more sense.

When they were talking of the deal I had assumed it was basically going to be them walking out with their weapons and going away and then the army entering to take it over. That makes more sense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:

It will be helpful when its time to start killing people on her list. Meryn Trant can attest to that.

I thought she had to renounce the list to train. I guess it's back now, but it seems like there are bigger problems than Stark revenge at this point.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:07 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

I thought she had to renounce the list to train. I guess it's back now, but it seems like there are bigger problems than Stark revenge at this point.

But she doesnt know that. Only The Night's Watch really knows and everyone thinks they are a joke anyway. We, the viewer/reader, recognize that more important things are happening but even the northern houses dont realize the dire threat that is headed their way.

Speaking of... way to just ditch the Bran storyline again. White Walkers? No big deal, lets watch D&D ruin the Tyrion character some more.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
So who did Sansa write a letter to and send via Raven? My guess here is that the big battle this Sunday looks pretty hopeless and then
Littlefinger comes to the rescue but I am just guessing that as someone who has not read the books. He owes her one and has the
army of that boy at his disposal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:28 am 

T-Bone wrote:
So who did Sansa write a letter to and send via Raven? My guess here is that the big battle this Sunday looks pretty hopeless and then
Littlefinger comes to the rescue but I am just guessing that as someone who has not read the books. He owes her one and has the

That is supposedly who it was sent to. Another thought is that she bypassed Littlefinger altogether and wrote straight to Robin Aryn but I don't think that's as likely.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:35 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

That is supposedly who it was sent to. Another thought is that she bypassed Littlefinger altogether and wrote straight to Robin Aryn but I don't think that's as likely.

Yeah, this is becoming a tired trope as well in this series...

Battle of the Blackwater: Tyrion and King's Landing looks ready to fall and the Tyrell Army comes out of nowhere to save the day.

Battle at the Wall: The Wildings are ready to finish off Castle Black and Stannis comes out of nowhere to save the day.

Battle of the Bastards: Jon and Sansa are about to fall to Ramsay and Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale come out of nowhere to save the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:42 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I will feel that the show is really getting a lot dumber if Sansa does not tell Jon and Davos that she sent that off and the army might be coming.

They need to address that. It would be impossibly stupid for her to keep that information to herself. I understand her not telling them before she sends the message. But, once its sent, that is information that they need to know about.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:45 am 

I will feel that the show is really getting a lot dumber if Sansa does not tell Jon and Davos that she sent that off and the army might be coming.

They need to address that. It would be impossibly stupid for her to keep that information to herself. I understand her not telling them before she sends the message. But, once its sent, that is information that they need to know about.

She won't tell them until after the fact.

The shocked look on the faces on Jon and Davos will be what the series highlights.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:50 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

The shocked look on the faces on Jon and Davos will be what the series highlights.

Yeah, I know. I'm just preparing myself with some pre-disappointment.

All will be forgiven if the battle is extra-cool - which I think it will be. I'm fully expecting some bastard brawling and dragon fire this weekend. Somebody's dad should be killed as well in honor of Father's Day. Maybe Walder Frey?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:51 am 

It wouldn't be a surprise attack if she told them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:52 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Yeah, I know. I'm just preparing myself with some pre-disappointment.

All will be forgiven if the battle is extra-cool - which I think it will be. I'm fully expecting some bastard brawling and dragon fire this weekend. Somebody's dad should be killed as well in honor of Father's Day. Maybe Walder Frey?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, not giving the military commanders tactical military info is just silly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:01 am 

This guy created his own trailer....

https://vimeo.com/170560671

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:19 pm 

Cersei is going to light up King's Landing with wildfire in the last episode. Seeing a lot of rumors of Tommen dying or killing himself in episode 10. Agree with everyone above about Arya. Just dumb. And we get Dany swooping in at the last moment to save the day. :lol: I don't even think this show is that good anymore. I just watch it because I know fatass will never finish his story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 157  Next