It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 157  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
IMU wrote:
No. Cersei is Queen.

But there would be those that support a Targaryen making a claim to the throne. Or two...as the case seems to be.

I understand she is queen. What I am saying is, Jon Snow is the rightful heir.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Cashman wrote:
IMU wrote:
No. Cersei is Queen.

But there would be those that support a Targaryen making a claim to the throne. Or two...as the case seems to be.

No. The throne was taken. The Targaryens are no longer the royal family.

If Dany was currently Queen...then Jon would be the rightful King.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:42 am 

IMU wrote:
Cashman wrote:
IMU wrote:
No. Cersei is Queen.

Just because it was taken, doesn't mean the line of succession changes. I think, in the end, Jon will be sitting on the throne, with his step sister/actual cousin as his wife. And Bran(I think that is his name) should be king or steward of Winterfel.

They have Daenerys too powerful right now, for me to think she will be queen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I was pretty skeptical that they would be able to wrap up this season and leave just the right tone but I think they knocked it out of the park.
Looking forward to watching it again this week. From what I have heard they are going to do a season with like 7 episodes and then a
final season with 6 or something like that. A lot to wrap up but holy shit does this make me excited to see what happens in Westeros.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:50 am 

What an amazing episode. This season did an amazing job of tying up all these storylines that seemed separate and finally giving them a common theme.

Unless they mess it up, this show has a decent chance of going down as the best of all time. The amount of quality characters and different stories that are finally all converging it unlike anything I ever remember. Not bad for a show that seemed like a tv version of Lord Of The Rings when I first saw the trailers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:56 am 

I feel like I missed something. What about Dannys guard who got the disease that turned him into stone? What about The Hound?!?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Cashman wrote:
I feel like I missed something. What about Dannys guard who got the disease that turned him into stone? What about The Hound?!?

Jorah is off...somewhere.

The Hound is with the Brotherhood.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I think the line of succession is all fucked up now.

Taking out the Targs because they were defeated:
Shouldnt there be a Baratheon taking the throne? Roberts "children" are dead so it should pass to his brothers. They are all dead so I would assume it would go to Baratheon cousin or something. Or is this move just Cersei taking the throne by force much like Robert did?

Now, to bring the Targs back in:
Dany is Aerys trueborn daughter, considering she has the backing of Dorne who support female rulers, I think that Dany would be the actual Queen. Jon is Rhaegar's son so I would assume he falls in after Dany. But considering Rhaegar was already married, any children he had outside of that marriage would still be considered bastards barring a royal decree to make them legitimate.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:04 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Shouldnt there be a Baratheon taking the throne? Roberts "children" are dead so it should pass to his brothers. They are all dead so I would assume it would go to Baratheon cousin or something. Or is this move just Cersei taking the throne by force much like Robert did?

Dany is Aerys trueborn daughter, considering she has the backing of Dorne who support female rulers, I think that Dany would be the actual Queen. Jon is Rhaegar's son so I would assume he falls in after Dany. But considering Rhaegar was already married, any children he had outside of that marriage would still be considered bastards barring a royal decree to make them legitimate.

Under the 2nd:

King-Male Heir(Rhaegar)-his son(Jon Snow)

IF Snow is dead, and Rhaegar did not have any more kids, it would go to the next brother or if no brother is present, to the next sibling.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am 

Cashman wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Under the 2nd:

IF Snow is dead, and Rhaegar did not have any more kids, it would go to the next brother or if no brother is present, to the next sibling.

Right, but the thorn in that plan is Dorne supports female succession in their lines. Also Jon is still a bastard because he was born outside of marriage.

Not to mention the whole third angle that the books threw in and the show rightly left out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Under the 2nd:

Right, but the thorn in that plan is Dorne supports female succession in their lines. Also Jon is still a bastard because he was born outside of marriage.

Not to mention the whole third angle that the books threw in and the show rightly left out.

Did they really leave it out?

Lyana and Rhaegar most likely didn't name the kid Jon.

Maybe she whispered his true name to Ned.

Maybe he was named after the first great Targaryen conqueror...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:13 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Under the 2nd:

Have we been told, Rhaegar was married?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Yes. The Oberyn/Mountain fight was because Rhaegar's wife, Elia Martell (Dorne), was murdered during the Sack of King's Landing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Cashman wrote:
IMU wrote:
Cashman wrote:
IMU wrote:
No. Cersei is Queen.

Just because it was taken, doesn't mean the line of succession changes. I think, in the end, Jon will be sitting on the throne, with his step sister/actual cousin as his wife. And Bran(I think that is his name) should be king or steward of Winterfel.

Using that logic then wouldn't it be true that the rightful heir is from the family that was on the throne before the Targaryans took over?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:49 am 

shakes wrote:
Cashman wrote:
IMU wrote:
Cashman wrote:
IMU wrote:
No. Cersei is Queen.

Using that logic then wouldn't it be true that the rightful heir is from the family that was on the throne before the Targaryans took over?

Unless they are all dead?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
There was no King of Westeros before the Targaryens. They "united" the 7 kingdoms.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:08 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Yes. The Oberyn/Mountain fight was because Rhaegar's wife, Elia Martell (Dorne), was murdered during the Sack of King's Landing.

Along with their natural born children.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:11 pm 

If Jon was legitimate he'd come before Dany based on primogeniture. He's the son of the firstborn son of the monarch.

That Sept of Baelor scene was great. The music and the build up of tension. Nice way to streamline the plot by removing so many characters at once. :lol: How about the septa's punishment? Zombie Mountain rape all day and all night. :puker:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:14 pm 

Zizou wrote:

That Sept of Baelor scene was great. The music and the build up of tension. Nice way to streamline the plot by removing so many characters at once. :lol: How about the septa's punishment? Zombie Mountain rape all day and all night. :puker:

Are we sure its zombie rape? I've been debating back and forth. That was my initial thought but who knows if all the equipment is working. I mean Qyburn really only brought him back to be an unstoppable killing machine. I dont think he was built to fuck... Maybe I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:15 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

the inbreeding right? jon wouldn't be seen as a fullblood.

i think TP's right about the name.

it was an incredible season finale. the sept crumbling is still stuck in my head, along with the eerie quiet of tommen's death. the whole thing was unsettling as it was satisfying. still strange to think of all the characters who are now gone because of that wildfire.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This show seems to be devolving into thinly disguised feminist agitprop. I hope it doesn't continue down this road next season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:32 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
This show seems to be devolving into thinly disguised feminist agitprop. I hope it doesn't continue down this road next season.

Do I need to contact Julie Dicaro?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty fucking lame. Will probably get worse next season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
may have just been a throwaway, but perhaps when Sam got to the library and we see they apparently keep track of...everything (who is appointed what etc) its possible sam might stumble upon some information about line of succession that had been overlooked. that, or inevitably discovers some awesome way to kill the White en masse.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
First thought when seeing the Sept blow up...how long before someone does an Overwatch "play of the game" meme for it...

...this is one of dozens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSP8TmZyBzQ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:12 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

if anything they'd probably like to get feminists off their back after all the BS they took over the "omg sansa rape" (which didn't even happen on camera) and shireen being burned at the stake.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:37 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I don't care about all of this. Think the midget planks the blonde next season?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

if anything they'd probably like to get feminists off their back after all the BS they took over the "omg sansa rape" (which didn't even happen on camera) and shireen being burned at the stake.

...which may be the reason why the show is seemingly devolving into dimwitted feminist agitprop.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I don't care about all of this. Think the midget planks the blonde next season?

He's got a shot if she drinks enough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 157  Next