It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 100  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Just heard a spot after Cubs postgame for a law firm that gets you out of timeshare contracts in case, for example, your wife dies of cancer and it's too depressing to vacation there anymore. That's...dark.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Curious Hair wrote:
Just heard a spot after Cubs postgame for a law firm that gets you out of timeshare contracts in case, for example, your wife dies of cancer and it's too depressing to vacation there anymore. That's...dark.

That reminds me, I heard Jeff Joniak doing a commercial for a timeshare exit company, and then there was an ad for Grandview Homes (which buys your home without putting it on the market) and the spokesperson sounded just like Jeff Joniak.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Can't stand the Jim Beam commercial with the chic with the crackling voice. Enough already.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 am 

'77Cubs wrote:
Can't stand the Jim Beam commercial with the chic with the crackling voice. Enough already.

you don't recognize mila kunis? she's totally wrong for that ad. she really tries to hard.

since it's morning and i'm watching tv, i can't stand that ad...i think it's raisin bran? dad and daughter fishing. it makes no sense. they take pot shots at each other, with "werewolves of london" playing over them instrumentally. then she catches a fish and the dad says "guess we're eating cereal for dinner." it is a really...really...facepalm.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
the one with the asian baby playing with a stuffed lion, neglecting a jealous dog, until Daddy Amazon one-clicks
a lion mane hat for the dog and then the baby pays attention because it thinks the dog is a lion.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Alex Guthrie.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:24 pm 

I just saw the long form version of the Hyundai "Sweet Caroline" commercial. Even worse than the short version.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:24 pm 

not so much the ad itself, but the music.
The BMW ads with the oh-so-fashionable stomp/chant/life-affirming-lyrics imagine dragons type bullshit.
Turns out it's a fucking Goo Goo Dolls song from a year and a half ago......
Way to keep that finger on the pulse Johnny Goo Goo.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:13 pm 

I enjoy the conspiracy theory that Paul Westerberg wrote all the Goo Goo Dolls' songs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
That Verizon beta cuck who interrupts the ODB presser calling a "technical foul" and mistaking the "red zone" for the "strike zone".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I just saw the long form version of the Hyundai "Sweet Caroline" commercial. Even worse than the short version.

My friend and I have discussed before whether commercials that are so bad can have a negative impact on sales. I have despised the McDonald's commercials for the past several years ever since that one with the douchebag who refused to talk to people until he had his morning coffee. That commercial has made me swear off McDonald's for good.

Hyundai's Sweet Caroline is slowly getting there as well. It's even worse for me. I no longer have cable, so the only commercials I see are on Hulu. Hulu has a lot less commercials, so they rotate the same ones multiple times per episode of whatever you are watching. So I have to see that dumb bitch yell "So good" too many damn times. Hyundai is getting closer to the chopping block.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Franky T wrote:
That Verizon beta cuck who interrupts the ODB presser calling a "technical foul" and mistaking the "red zone" for the "strike zone".

Yeah, this is just an awful campaign in general but I'm not sure I've ever liked one of theirs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
SuperMario wrote:
Hyundai's Sweet Caroline is slowly getting there as well. It's even worse for me. I no longer have cable, so the only commercials I see are on Hulu. Hulu has a lot less commercials, so they rotate the same ones multiple times per episode of whatever you are watching. So I have to see that dumb bitch yell "So good" too many damn times. Hyundai is getting closer to the chopping block.

Not to mention that he comes right back with Sweet Caroline when that isn't even the correct lyric. It is offensive to fans of Neil Diamond who are the very fans they are trying to convince to purchase a Hyundai. Also, look how far to the right he is in the lane! Not to mention all the cars behind him -- that's just dangerous driving.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 pm 

"Are you a medium, Bob?"
"After last...night's...dinner...I'm...probably...a large."

Bob recorded that line on his deathbed, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:06 pm 

Bud Light.......

DILLIE DILLIE............

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Sensodyne commercials are not saying that dentists recommend using it, but that these other non-dentists think "dentists are really going to want to recommend it." As bad as the Life Lock telling me that not all transactions can be monitored.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
So Pedro Strop got an endorsement deal with A car dealership in Sterling Illinois and I’m being bombarded with adds for it during Hawks game and college football today. It’s not at murder level yet but it’s getting there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
The Geico commercial with the triangle solo. :evil: :evil:

The Chili's commercials where the guy sings everything to the tune of "I need my baby back, baby, back, baby back..." :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
This Willson Contreras commercial is pretty brutal.

I just keep telling myself, that was the best takes they could get. Holy cats.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:37 pm 

The It's Just Lunch commercials are back, but instead of running a rotation of terrible spots, they're only running the baseball one where he says "suuuure, maybe you can have a beer and a fraaaaaankfurtuh while you root-root-root for the hoooome team." I very, very rarely want to murder the man on the radio, but...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:21 pm 

Some commercial for some video game Middle Earth: Shadow of War that uses some simpering slowed choral version
of 'Zombie' by The Cranberries. That song was terrible in the first place, but it's even worse now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:05 pm 

Why does Bob Uecker laugh every time he smells a Usinger sausage?
(Might only resonate with my fellow Wisconsin viewers.......)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:33 pm 

there are 2 commercials that get played so goddamn much, it's brought my piss to a boil just hearing the first few seconds...and they're not new:

1) the state farm commercial with the two thieves. golf clap worthy maybe the first time...annoying the second...rage inducing the six hundredth...which is probably a conservative number of how many times it's come on during breaks.

2) the cheetos commercial with the dad singing "tell it to my heart". i can't stand the new chester the cheetah anyway. he seems like a two-faced scumbag. but the bad singing is unforgivable. and to have it played as often as it is...makes me hate every fucking paycheck that asshole gets for singing it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Franky T wrote:
Those California Closets commercials...my God, talk about white privilege.

The latest one has some lady telling us she asked her "designer" if she could have a drawer "just for my sunglasses".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
it's not a "commercial" but that ten second spot "featuring" Jason Goff and the B&G show, Jason is spouting some insane sentence about Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and nothing he says makes sense. Anyone else hear this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I’ve heard it a few times. No clue what his point is. I always ask “that’s the clip you chose to attract listeners?”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:10 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
it's not a "commercial" but that ten second spot "featuring" Jason Goff and the B&G show, Jason is spouting some insane sentence about Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and nothing he says makes sense. Anyone else hear this?

On a related note, I am not a fan of those pre-recorded spots they play after a big game (usually Bernstein or Mully saying something like, "Well, the Bears lost again, falling to the Vikings, and are now 1-4. Stick around for full coverage..."). You just know they recorded two versions days earlier. The fakeness is off-putting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
Jaw Breaker wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

On a related note, I am not a fan of those pre-recorded spots they play after a big game (usually Bernstein or Mully saying something like, "Well, the Bears lost again, falling to the Vikings, and are now 1-4. Stick around for full coverage..."). You just know they recorded two versions days earlier. The fakeness is off-putting.

I heard that they send the clips they do not use to little children in Africa.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

I always think of this old SNL sketch when I hear those spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7IN1UDWJgY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 am 

shirtless driver wrote:
Bud Light.......

DILLIE DILLIE............

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Damn if I wasn't doing something yesterday and that line popped into my head. I really second this nomination

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 100  Next