It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 100  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I don't understand this NCAA student athletes "Label Me" commercial: https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wQJz/ncaa-label-me

"Label me, you know you want to."
"You do it behind my back."
"Say it to my face."

Lost the afternoon show but landed on his feet at an ad agency in record time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:18 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
The Microsoft ad with Common doing his typical Common inspirational gesticulation shit.

Oh, and the Mastercard one with that 'you can't judge a book by looking at it's cover' song
with SZA and that terrible Mexican band, The Tracks. That singer pisses me off, SZA is fine though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
There is a commercial they keep showing on Hulu for Bounty paper towel that states 'Strength Has No Gender!!'. That's cool, I'm all for anyone thinking they can be a hero but the whole point of it is to collect stories of only women being heroes... or Shero as they call it. If strength has no gender, why are they only collecting stories of women heroes and why do you need to re-name the word hero? Hero is already gender neutral...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Hank Scorpio wrote:
There is a commercial they keep showing on Hulu for Bounty paper towel that states 'Strength Has No Gender!!'. That's cool, I'm all for anyone thinking they can be a hero but the whole point of it is to collect stories of only women being heroes... or Shero as they call it. If strength has no gender, why are they only collecting stories of women heroes and why do you need to re-name the word hero? Hero is already gender neutral...

Now its neutraler

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:54 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Now its neutraler

Our gender neutral goes to 11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Hero.

This commercial will make herstory for its empowerment of womyn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Fisher Oven-Roasted Nuts

This commercial is wrong on several levels. First, they go on about how the competition's cashews are "fried in oil." Well, guess what...your own fucking cashews are ALSO fried in oil! Just because you have introduced a new "oven-roasted" version doesn't mean you're not also selling the exact same thing that Planters and others are. The competition is not "secretly fried in oil" -- the oil is listed right on their fucking package! (As it is on yours.)

"Never fried...nothing to hide." FUCK YOU.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:11 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Fisher Oven-Roasted Nuts

This commercial is wrong on several levels. First, they go on about how the competition's cashews are "fried in oil." Well, guess what...your own fucking cashews are ALSO fried in oil! Just because you have introduced a new "oven-roasted" version doesn't mean you're not also selling the exact same thing that Planters and others are. The competition is not "secretly fried in oil" -- the oil is listed right on their fucking package! (As it is on yours.)

OH YES! Fuck this commercial right in its face. I hate this one. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Just bring back the two Rosies. That was more interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am increasingly irritated by an Allstate commercial. It is the one where the young Ban Bersteinish kid comes into mother and fathas bedroom to tell him he wrecked the car blah blah blah.

Remind me I want to punch Bernsie.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:52 am 

BMX is running a spot for a Sir Mix-a-Lot show at the Cubby Bear. It goes "hear hit songs like 'Baby Got Back'!" and I'm waiting for the guy to list more songs I can hear but they never come. He only mentions "Baby Got Back."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Is your posse on broadway, CH?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Fisher Oven-Roasted Nuts

OH YES! Fuck this commercial right in its face. I hate this one. :lol:

i came here to post about this one too.... the part that pisses me off is when the whole-foods-shopping-everywoman/protagonist-chick asks the competitors about the ingredients the fat old lady sounding competitor peanut voice says JUST NUTS.... FRIED IN OIL!??! -- repeat that? -- JUST NUTS.... FRIED IN OIL. then they do the fisher's oven roasted thing and the announcer voice comes on like "NO LIES.... NOTHING TO HIDE" --- well who the fuck was hiding anything, even in this commercial? you had the old lady plainly say it twice.... i mean, come the fuck on, the logic doesn't even hold up for 30 seconds in the same goddamn commercial.

honestly i'd prolly go out of my way to avoid fisher oven roasted nuts and look to make sure there's oil listed on any of my future peanut purchases. call it a hunch the competitor disgusting old lady voice would bum me a cigarette if i needed it. ain't that america?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
BMX is running a spot for a Sir Mix-a-Lot show at the Cubby Bear. It goes "hear hit songs like 'Baby Got Back'!" and I'm waiting for the guy to list more songs I can hear but they never come. He only mentions "Baby Got Back."

i remember 102.7 used to have the occasional concert coming up and once they boasted they had the chubbster himself, chubb rock! i don't think they even mentioned his one hit just the two of us.

but hey, for a hefty man like himself with a big ol hit from 91-92 you're just kind of glad he's alive, you know?

but yeah when i heard the same commercial i thought the same thing as you did here... i couldn't even tell you another sir mix-a-lot song and i'm fairly well versed in the art/form.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
McDoink’s Folgers read reminds me of why somebody punched him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:42 pm 

The Hyundai ad with the completely unnecessary falsetto version of Steve Winwood's "Higher Love".
Isn't Winwood's voice high and reedy enough as it is?
:evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:11 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

i remember 102.7 used to have the occasional concert coming up and once they boasted they had the chubbster himself, chubb rock! i don't think they even mentioned his one hit just the two of us.

but hey, for a hefty man like himself with a big ol hit from 91-92 you're just kind of glad he's alive, you know?

but yeah when i heard the same commercial i thought the same thing as you did here... i couldn't even tell you another sir mix-a-lot song and i'm fairly well versed in the art/form.

Can't believe you missed the great followup "Put 'em on the Glass"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Chubb Rock still alive? Damn. Good for him. I make one Chubb Rock reference per semester....been a while since anyone picked it up, though. Not in this century, actually.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Regular Reader wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Can't believe you missed the great followup "Put 'em on the Glass"

Being a car guy, I've always had a place for "My Hooptie"- Six-nine Buick, Dueces rollin', three hub caps cuz' one got stolen...

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
It was brought up elsewhere on the board, but there are presently three different corporations running "we lost your confidence, here are all the ways we're going to dupe you into forgetting they ever happened" spots and it is angering, for some reason.

Wells Fargo, Facebook and Uber. Stop apologizing and just don't do stupid, bad shit to make a few extra thousands on your billions.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
There's a commercial on the score that starts with "lickity segur financing" and hes weird and I hate it.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Darkside wrote:
There's a commercial on the score that starts with "lickity segur financing" and hes weird and I hate it.

Hochberg?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:18 pm 

I like the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab commercial that says they'll treat you with all the newest forms of SCIENCE, like biomedical engineering and avatars. I know what they mean, but I still think to myself "my avatars are helping stroke victims? cool!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:04 am 

"We shoulda' used a condom but....(smirk) we got distracted..."

They straight up talkin' bout bareback buttfuckin' in prime time.
:shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dAb2/gilead-honestly-its-time

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:54 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I like the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab commercial that says they'll treat you with all the newest forms of SCIENCE, like biomedical engineering and avatars. I know what they mean, but I still think to myself "my avatars are helping stroke victims? cool!"

Are they affiliated with the Marines? They do an "OOH-RAH" at the end of their commercial which I thought was a Marines thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 am 

KDdidit wrote:
McDoink’s Folgers read reminds me of why somebody punched him.

:lol:

https://tribthegame.wordpress.com/2014/ ... -the-face/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:32 am 

This Wendy’s kids meal commercial where the kid and mom talk in a bad godfather impression. Fuck you, I hope Luca Brasi comes to your house and wacks both of youse.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:50 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Are they affiliated with the Marines? They do an "OOH-RAH" at the end of their commercial which I thought was a Marines thing.

Not to my knowledge. They just use the theme from Patton because the implication is that they're going to go to war with spinal cord injuries as if they're Patton. It all has a weird written-by-committee feel, because a lot of the copy is obviously written by I-fucking-love-science millennials who have the tic of using the mere word "science" as the ultimate trump card of logic and reason. But it doesn't really work for a hospital, because when they say, like, "we're going to conquer brain injuries with a little thing you may have heard of called SCIENCE," well, you're a hospital, you'd pretty well better use science! Don't they all? I don't think NorthShore uses witchcraft. But how many of said millennials really like the film Patton, count on listeners to recognize it as such, and would also favor comparing spinal-cord rehabilitation to fighting World War II? It's a weird series, but my favorite is still the one where the announcer says "Hey. Stroke" so as to talk shit to a blood clot in the brain, but really just sounds like he's calling the listener a jerkoff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:38 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Not to my knowledge. They just use the theme from Patton because the implication is that they're going to go to war with spinal cord injuries as if they're Patton. It all has a weird written-by-committee feel, because a lot of the copy is obviously written by I-fucking-love-science millennials who have the tic of using the mere word "science" as the ultimate trump card of logic and reason. But it doesn't really work for a hospital, because when they say, like, "we're going to conquer brain injuries with a little thing you may have heard of called SCIENCE," well, you're a hospital, you'd pretty well better use science! Don't they all? I don't think NorthShore uses witchcraft. But how many of said millennials really like the film Patton, count on listeners to recognize it as such, and would also favor comparing spinal-cord rehabilitation to fighting World War II? It's a weird series, but my favorite is still the one where the announcer says "Hey. Stroke" so as to talk shit to a blood clot in the brain, but really just sounds like he's calling the listener a jerkoff.

Grab your red pen and strike out the word can’t.

Strike out can’t?!? That’s an important fucking word!!! I’m not going to stop saying can’t, even IF they cure every disease.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
shirtless driver wrote:
"We shoulda' used a condom but....(smirk) we got distracted..."

They straight up talkin' bout bareback buttfuckin' in prime time.
:shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dAb2/gilead-honestly-its-time

"Daddy, why would two men need a condom?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 100  Next