It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
While we should all justifiably laugh at Brandon, let's not overlook the stupidity of Coach thinking he was some kind of huge jury threat and the poor play that had Albert pretty much screwed before Hantz's blunder and now has him pretty much screwed at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
shakes wrote:
Nice to see that one of the worst seasons in the history of Survivor will be remembered for hosting one of the worst moves in Survivor history.

I said this to the wife yesterday while watching the show. Cochran was the only one that made any sort of move and his backfired in his face. It's been a boring boring season that thankfully is being put down Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Finale tonight.

Hopefully Coach wins, if only so he never comes back again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:07 am 

probably won't see it as i am visiting a friend...depending on who wins i may not even try to ondemand it or anything.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:45 pm 

I really want Coach to lose.

Susan Lucci of Survivor.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:20 pm 

Piss off Sophie.

Quit yer cryin'.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:40 pm 

Poor Coach.

Albert didn't get a vote.

How in the hell did Sophie win?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:30 pm 

Worst season in awhile.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:34 pm 

W_Z wrote:
probably won't see it as i am visiting a friend...depending on who wins i may not even try to ondemand it or anything.

This friend doesn't have TV? What's her name?

And - I never realized there was enough women on this board to get this thread to 8+ pages. Congrats, men.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 pm 

Thanks for helping us get it to page 9, ma'am.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Worst season ever. Sophie did NOTHING to deserve a win. Garbage.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:46 pm 

Muff cabbage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Lil Hantz seems like he's a bad hair day away from attempting suicide. Dude is off his rocker.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:21 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Horrible season, glad its over, hope they all die.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:51 am 

spanky wrote:
This friend doesn't have TV? What's her name?

And - I never realized there was enough women on this board to get this thread to 8+ pages. Congrats, men.

he has a TV. he doesn't watch "survivor". we watched "christmas evil", (aka "you better watch out!") a splended 1980 christmas movie about a deranged santa claus. way before its time, and a lot more interesting than "silent night, deadly night".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:54 am 

The fact that Brandon had no one from his family there was odd.

Other than Russe, who is a caricature of himself at this point.

Survivor: One World seems a bit odd. So both tribes live together at the beginning. Ok. So what?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:00 am 

looks like i didn't really miss anything but i didn't think sophie did *nothing*. she was pretty good in challenges at least. when it came to the game she didn't exploit anything really but...i don't think it'd be fair to say she was just a tagalong.

i'm glad coach didn't win. but it was his best overall game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:02 am 

And no more Redemption Island next time. :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I honestly thought Coach would handily win once Ozzy was eliminated (and he made the right move obviously by not taking Ozzy along.) I don't really understand why jury members vote like they do in this game. Unless the camera was ignoring Sophie's big moves, I didn't really see her doing anything throughout the game -- it was basically understood that Coach is leading the tribe and Coach will make the decisions. Time after time, when it came down to voting, they would do what Coach told them to do.

Survivor is a game; it is not "real life", so talking about honor and integrity should never mean anything. Everyone is lying at one point or another in that game, or else they are getting voted out. There is no honor among thieves. So then you have to vote based on who played the best manipulation game, and if you want to add some votes for the challenge performances, that's fine too. At the end of the day though, I don't see how Sophie can win 6-3... she just wasn't that good. My thought is that in the heat of the moment, some people voted against Coach once he admitted to all of these backstabs/betrayals.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 am 

That's been the problem for a while now.

The jury gets butthurt and votes for nice people rather than the most deserving.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

newper wrote:

Survivor is a game; it is not "real life", so talking about honor and integrity should never mean anything. Everyone is lying at one point or another in that game, or else they are getting voted out. There is no honor among thieves. So then you have to vote based on who played the best manipulation game, and if you want to add some votes for the challenge performances, that's fine too.

I think that if Coach had made some variation of the above statement to the jury instead of describing himself as a "bad strategist," he would have had a better chance of winning the vote. His description of himself as strategically incompetent made Sophie's (false) claim that she was the one who "brought Coach along"--not the other way around--seem more credible.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 pm 

newper wrote:
I honestly thought Coach would handily win once Ozzy was eliminated (and he made the right move obviously by not taking Ozzy along.) I don't really understand why jury members vote like they do in this game. Unless the camera was ignoring Sophie's big moves, I didn't really see her doing anything throughout the game -- it was basically understood that Coach is leading the tribe and Coach will make the decisions. Time after time, when it came down to voting, they would do what Coach told them to do.

Survivor is a game; it is not "real life", so talking about honor and integrity should never mean anything. Everyone is lying at one point or another in that game, or else they are getting voted out. There is no honor among thieves. So then you have to vote based on who played the best manipulation game, and if you want to add some votes for the challenge performances, that's fine too. At the end of the day though, I don't see how Sophie can win 6-3... she just wasn't that good. My thought is that in the heat of the moment, some people voted against Coach once he admitted to all of these backstabs/betrayals.

you're right, Survivor is a game and honor and integrity have no business being mentioned during the 40 days they play it. However, you are wrong in stating that Coach deserved to win because he didn't. Coach played a shit game. HE is the one who brought "honor and integrity" to the game, he's the one who preached it to everyone, therefore, when he acts in a different manner he comes off as a huge hypocrite to the jury.

If coach would've played the same game while the whole time never once mentioning honor and integrity as something he believes in then he would've easily won the game if he made it to the end making the same moves he made.

People hate hypocrites more than just about anything else and that showed last night.

That's why guys like Will from Big Brother did well...he came right out in the begining of the game and said he was going to lie, cheat and steal his way to the top and then when he did just that no one held it against him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:58 pm 

shakes wrote:
you're right, Survivor is a game and honor and integrity have no business being mentioned during the 40 days they play it. However, you are wrong in stating that Coach deserved to win because he didn't. Coach played a shit game. HE is the one who brought "honor and integrity" to the game, he's the one who preached it to everyone, therefore, when he acts in a different manner he comes off as a huge hypocrite to the jury.

If coach would've played the same game while the whole time never once mentioning honor and integrity as something he believes in then he would've easily won the game if he made it to the end making the same moves he made.

People hate hypocrites more than just about anything else and that showed last night.

That's why guys like Will from Big Brother did well...he came right out in the begining of the game and said he was going to lie, cheat and steal his way to the top and then when he did just that no one held it against him.

You make some real good points. However, isn't Russell an example that goes against this? He came out from the beginning and said he was going to do whatever to win and he did it and still did not win?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 pm 

RFDC wrote:
shakes wrote:

You make some real good points. However, isn't Russell an example that goes against this? He came out from the beginning and said he was going to do whatever to win and he did it and still did not win?

He was the best player that season by leaps and bounds, but because people got their feelings hurt they didn't vote for him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:09 pm 

RFDC wrote:

I think the difference is that Russel's moves felt more personal and vindictive to the bitter jury members.

The juries in these games are fickle, sometimes they are able to look past their personal feeling and give an honest award to the best player, other times they let their own egos get in the way and they vote out of spite. Keep in mind that these aren't normal people that go on these shows, these are vain egotistical self absorbed dbags for the most part and they tend to judge the final vote based not on "who played the best game" but "who did the least harm to me".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:10 pm 

shakes wrote:
Keep in mind that these aren't normal people that go on these shows, these are vain egotistical self absorbed dbags

Oh we know. :wink:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
shakes wrote:
Keep in mind that these aren't normal people that go on these shows, these are vain egotistical self absorbed dbags

Oh we know. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7