It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Storage Wars - Unlocked
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The post show wrapup, waiting for the fight and Darrel pulls out the wad of cash! lol

Always a sign of a wealthy man to walk around with all his cash in a rubber band.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:13 pm 

Hester brought his tax returns! Sold $1.7M gross last year. Not bad for a resale shop.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
There is no reason this show should be good but it is. I've watched it from damn near the beginning. I'm pretty sure Darrell is from Santee, CA (where Nascar's Jimmy Johnson) grew up. It's very close to San Diego but its as redneck as the middle of Alabama.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:28 pm 

Darrel and mr Gang Looking DB live on the edge everyday. Both said they have come near broke to stay in the game.

These guys are doing nothing, they buy shit and try to resell it. If they do, they make money. But to tell me they knew gold was in a box, is bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:29 am 

I get confused on the Storage reality shows on which is which.

There is a show which is produced by a storage company, i believe it is Storage Wars, that has made a killing due to every moron coming out for their get rich quick schemes. Apparently the auctions are at all the lockers that they own.

For awhile I watched a locker show with two former actors Ton and some weaselly looking guy from an HGTV show. That show is beyond staged. The way the auctions are produced is a clear indication they are set-ups. Extreme close-ups. Multiple different angled shots. Once they get inside the locker, the hidden treasure troves they find are comical. I could go on and on.

last season these two whack-a-loons get in their Huge moving fan and go cross-country to out-of-state auctions. They make a killing and talk about how they are doing great and are making a killing. Meanwhile they are driving cross-country in a gas guzzling moving fan. No talk of hotel, food, or any other expenses.

I think Spike TV has their own version and it beyond staged. Anyone ever see SPikeTv's version?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:49 am 

The Spike TV Version is amazingly bad as to how staged it is.

I have bought a locker before, maybe 5 years ago, paid $300 and bought one at a place I had storage as well.

Still have the air compressor I got in there and sold the rest of the equipment. Maybe made $500 profit.

At the end of the show they did the breakdown, basically showing these guys making $3-$6 for every $1 they spent. Which I think applies to Barry and Darrelle as they dont have stores to sell all the little crap they find.

Hester makes money because he has a decent store, trucks, etc and has the capacity to by more crap than anyone else.

Gangbanger wannabe and hottie Brandie, probably do OK, as he said they get 400 people in the store on some days now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Great show. Wasn't there a reference on a recent episode that Hester had gotten into the auction business and was losing his shorts? Also, I was shocked by how nice Darrell's house was.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I have seen most of these episodes and yeah it is kind of addictive especially when they have
a bunch of them back to back. I find that Brandie chick pretty attractive, no idea how that
douchebag ever managed to wrangle her.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Yes, they said Hester was struggling with the Auction company he started. Darrell also finally admitted he was going through financial hardship/divorce/custody battle, which makes sense since he hadn't put in a bid for a few episodes.

Anyhow, I fucking love this show. Brandi is really hot. Rumor is, someone is shopping naked pics from when she was apparently a stripper.

Also found it interested that the two are not married. Always just assumed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Bucky Chris wrote:
Also found it interested that the two are not married. Always just assumed.

This is true, apparently he knocked her up a couple of times but they aren't technically married.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:55 pm 

I've recently become addicted to this show. Lots of late night marathons always suck me in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
You want to talk about a show that sucks you in and is always on.....Full Throttle Saloon!!