pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mary Louise Parker is teh hotness.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:32 am 
1000 CLUB

I can't wait. Have NO IDEA what the hell is going to happen this season but hope they revert to Season 2 quality. Season 3 wasn't nearly as funny and took itself a little too seriously. I want it lightened up a bit again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:06 pm 

hawkeye wrote:
I can't wait. Have NO IDEA what the hell is going to happen this season but hope they revert to Season 2 quality. Season 3 wasn't nearly as funny and took itself a little too seriously. I want it lightened up a bit again.

I agree completely. One and two were great, three was just weird.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Chus wrote:
Mary Louise Parker is teh hotness.

Indeed...when she was on the West Wing, I wanted to do evil things to her...and by evil things, I mean fuck the shit out of her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Well I watched this show for the first time last night. Not sure what the big deal is. It kind of reminded me of an episode of Growing Pains, except there's no laugh track, the language is coarse, and the head of the family is a drug runner instead of a psychiatrist. Same kind of sitcom mentality, though. I guess I'll give it another shot next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:49 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Well I watched this show for the first time last night. Not sure what the big deal is. It kind of reminded me of an episode of Growing Pains, except there's no laugh track, the language is coarse, and the head of the family is a drug runner instead of a psychiatrist. Same kind of sitcom mentality, though. I guess I'll give it another shot next week.

You really need to see the first two seasons. Kevin Nealon as Doug Wilson is awesome.

<º)))><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kevin Nealon and Celia Hoades make the show for me along with the hot mom. TM I'd also recommend avoiding watching the show until you've seen the first 3 seaosns to really know what's going on. Back to last night's episode, it was a big disappointment for me. I don't know where they're going to take this season yet but if last night was any indication I don't really like it. Plus the new brother character isn't that funny or interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:55 pm 

hawkeye wrote:
Kevin Nealon and Celia Hoades make the show for me along with the hot mom. TM I'd also recommend avoiding watching the show until you've seen the first 3 seaosns to really know what's going on. Back to last night's episode, it was a big disappointment for me. I don't know where they're going to take this season yet but if last night was any indication I don't really like it. Plus the new brother character isn't that funny or interesting.

What new brother? Do you mean Andy's father ?

<º)))><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chus wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

What new brother? Do you mean Andy's father ?

Yeah that's what I meant. Was pretty stoned watching it last night so thought it was the older brother and not the dad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:44 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

It's more like "Pot Mom" if you recall that play.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 pm 

It doesn't get much better than when Kevin Nealon delivered the line "Cock-juggling Thunder Caller Bob". Priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:25 am 
1000 CLUB

I didn't see Monday's episode yet but this season has been a complete turd so far. It's way too far fetched and not funny any more. The enjoyment of this show came from the fish out of water aspect of her living in and dealing drugs in the perfect little suburban town with stereotypical weirdo suburbanites surrounding her. Now she's just this sociopath drug lord woman who fucks everyone apparently. There's ZERO heart to this show any more. Nobody to really root for. And what the hell happened to Shane? That kid really forgot how to act. It's like he was just winging it before and some acting coach got a hold of him and screwed him up much like Charles Barkley's golf swing. And they're also pulling a Sopranos with the story line from last year with him. Did they just forget that Shane had gone crazy, talking to himself and his dead father? It's disrespectful to the audience to just forget a major storyline like that. Hell, just make a comment like "looks like those therapy sessions really helped Shane" in the first episode and it's over. They didn't even bother to do that.

Finally, the writing has gotten extremely lazy. What used to be sharp and witty dialogue has turned into complete slop. Whatever laughs I get out of the show any more are strictly from Doug and Andy. The thing I realized last week is that for the most part I'm laughing at what they're saying because I've grown to like their characters so much from previous seasons, not because what they're saying or doing THIS SEASON is entertaining. I'm just laughing along with them, not at what's going on. I've never seen a show go so far down hill so quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:40 am 

I see what you're saying, but I'm still enjoying it. Give Monday's episode a watch. IMO, the best episode of the season so far.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:40 am 
1000 CLUB

OOgie wrote:
who is the young guy ? Andy that lives in her house? Her Brother?

It's her dead husband's brother so her brother in law. When they introduced his character in the first season I was expecting the typical sexual tension/love story thing but they've done a good job of keeping their relationship strictly platonic aside from one goofy thing that happened this season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:43 am 

showing some more T & A this season Mary Louise Parker! Nice!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:46 am 
1000 CLUB

walkrman5 wrote:
showing some more T & A this season Mary Louise Parker! Nice!

Of course they are. They have no other option since their storyline and writing are now so poor.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Nino's in Wheeling
Where is Conrad?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:52 pm 

This season had zero nudity related to Mary Louise Parker. :x :x I guess she did show an ass crack in the final episode, but a big fall off from seasons past.