It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Homeland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's
Brody isn't going anywhere in terms of not being on the show

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/17/homel ... interview/

– Damien Lewis was supposed to die — again! “There was a plan very early on to kill Brody in episode 7 or 8 this year,” Gansa says. “We felt there was enough story between these two characters to tell through [the end of the season] and that there probably is another chapter in that story, but frankly we don’t know what it is yet … The show really elevates when Carrie and Brody are together on screen, so I think that definitely mitigated the possibility of keeping him alive and giving him a role down the line.” Lewis winning an Emmy for his performance, Gordon says, wasn’t a factor in keeping him around though. “You can’t let all the awards and the acclaim dictate where the story would go,” he says. “You can’t let the tail wag the dog.”

– Carrie is not off the hook: “I don’t think Saul is going to be ignorant [of Carrie helping Brody in the finale] and I think Carrie has some explaining to do,” Gansa says.

– Carrie’s attention will shift to a new case: “Inevitably that’s going to happen,” Gansa says. “If you look at these two seasons, the Carrie and Brody story, we’ve told a significant part of that story …. There is a point where we’ll fall back on the franchise — Carrie and Saul trying to keep the world safe.”

– Brody and his family will almost certainly appear in season 3. The producers played it coy. “Damian’s involvement and his family’s involvement is very much up in the air in light of what happened in the finale,” Gansa says. “It’s a nice idea hanging over the next season: Where is Brody? What’s he doing?” But producers also say all the actors whose characters survived the finale (save F. Murray Abraham, who’s pending a negotiation) are signed on for season three. “What is Brody’s role going to be next season if he’s fugitive No. 1? We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,” Gansa says. “The Carrie-Brody [relationship], we began to feel we were repeating ourselves slightly [in season two], so unless we can establish a different dynamic between these two characters, we don’t want to tell the same story again … if there’s a chapter three it needs to be a reinvention of some kind.”

– Season 3 might start with most assuming Brody is dead: “Posit this: The investigators are going to believe Brody was possibly in that car … if Brody was in his car, there’s a very good chance there would be absolutely nothing left of him,” Gansa says. “We also have our ever-present mole who could have been responsible for moving the car. Those are the possibilities that are running around in our head.”

– Brody probably wasn’t responsible for the finale attack. “A lot of people told me they still have a glimmer of doubt about Brody,” Gansa says. “And if you watch his behavior through finale there are moments where it’s a little uncertain as to whether or not he may have been responsible. He was willing to blow himself up in the first season, so it very well may have been a suicide play. But you’re smart to notice it was Carrie who motioned them out [of the memorial service].” Pressed on whether it would be plausible for Brody to execute the attack given what we’ve seen of him this season, Gansa says: “I agree with you, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t people out there who don’t think of that possibility. I don’t want to dissuade anybody of that … if you look back on the season, you’d have to think hard and your brain would start hurting to understand why he did certain things if he was responsible at the CIA.” Adds Gordon: “People are reading into it more than anything… in our minds, you have to play fair with the audience. We’re astounded sometimes of what people read into it. Most notably Saul last year, he says the mourner’s prayer over a suspect, which is an act of his humanity, and people said suddenly he’s the mole.” Which brings us to…

– The CIA mole is probably not Saul. Gansa notes Saul was conceived as the show’s moral center. “From the very beginning that was always the case, that was the conception of Saul, which made it so strange that people were convinced he was the traitor,” Gansa says. “He was the guy who occupied the moral center of the show and very much so in the finale.”

– Saul might be pitted against the mysterious Dar Adal (Abraham) in season 3: “The intelligence community is decimated by this attack and how is the agency going to move forward?” Gansa says. “And one way it might move forward is to call recently retired intelligence officers to come back and rebuild the [agency]. And Dar Adal may be one of those people who are called back into the fold and that would immediately bring him into conflict with Saul.”

– Producers make no apologies for implausibilities. “One of the things the show does promise is twists and turns,” Gansa says. “I don’t think any of us are on the call to defend the season, mostly because we’re too close to it to know where we were successful or not with certain plot points. I think the show is always going to surprise and whether that’s plausible or implausible is for you guys to judge.”

– That silly car accident subplot was actually going somewhere at some point. “There was a deeper plan for that that morphed halfway through the season,” Gordon says. “It involved something with Brody’s political rise that was going to be leveraged against it … But really it was about Dana’s degrading connection with Brody. It was really as much about a character-thing and loss of innocence.” Gansa adds: “It was also meant to characterize Walden as the villain in the piece.”

– Carrie’s story in the finale is a mirror image of last season’s ending: “Last season ended with Carrie being the only one who thought Brody was guilty,” Gansa says. “Now she’s the only one who believes he’s innocent.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Season three trailer

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/08/specta ... mpression/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I am going to have to buzz through last season again to remember what was going on. Trailer looks pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 pm 

Started rewatching the last 4 episodes from last season and got through one and a half. Kinda forgot how good
this show can be. Starts back up on Sunday evening I believe. Brody's wife looked pretty damn hot naked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:05 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I recently rewatched the S2 finale. I remember being underwhelmed at the time but that really was a solid hour of TV. I agree. You forget how good this show is.

And Brody's wife is exceptionally good-looking.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:47 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Pretty good start.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I thought it was good, but I'm hoping that they don't fall into a cycle of Carrie has another meltdown/agency throws Carrie under the bus/Carrie takes time to get healthy/agency has an issue that Carrie is the best person for the task so we need her back/rinse and repeat...it already happened in S2, and it looks too familiar in the S3 kickoff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:07 am 

Pretty solid start. I should probably rewatch the last 15 minutes as I wasn't paying as close attention as
I should have. I have some of the same concerns as you MM, I can see this becoming very formulaic
revolving around Carrie's illness. I know that is part of what makes the show interesting but I hope the
writers don't use it as a crutch. No one in her position would be getting multiple chances with that kind
of condition no matter how good she was at her job.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 pm 

Whoa. So that whole thing was just a plan to get Carrie close to the people who blew up Langley?? For about the 100th time since this show started I did not see that coming. This show is fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:31 pm 

Mrs. Meatball and I just finished watching , and went :shock: at the last scene. Great twist, and in the nick of time, because we were starting to get tired of the whole hospital arc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
yea that reveal at the end was amazeballs. The set up involved and how far back it went is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. The question is, was it set up from the very beginning or was it something Saul came up with after Carrie had already gone off the reservation a bit?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:56 am 

Nice twist there at the end. I was not too impressed with how season three was coming out of the gate
early on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:23 am 

I thought this past episode was very good, possibly one of the best of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:57 am 

Agreed. This new bad guy is going to give Saul all kinds of trouble which is the last thing the poor guy needs because he looks like he's on the brink of a grabber.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:06 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Agreed. This new bad guy is going to give Saul all kinds of trouble which is the last thing the poor guy needs because he looks like he's on the brink of a grabber.

Yes, the previews for next week look incredible. The funny thing is that I am not even really missing the Brody
character wherever he may be. Can someone clue me in on the pregnancy test portion of Carrie's stop at home?
Does she not want to believe she is pregnant?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 am 

I'm not missing Brody's character either but if it means less of his wife and daughter they can bring him back anytime. Those story lines are getting boring.

Yes Carrie keeps taking a pregnancy test hoping she's suddenly not going to be pregnant anymore. That will be another interesting twist because it looks like Quinn is getting ready to "hit that."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:19 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
I'm not missing Brody's character either but if it means less of his wife and daughter they can bring him back anytime. Those story lines are getting boring.

Yes Carrie keeps taking a pregnancy test hoping she's suddenly not going to be pregnant anymore. That will be another interesting twist because it looks like Quinn is getting ready to "hit that."

Yes, he seems to have blurred the lines in his mind between professional support and wanting to get in
her pants. It also appears from previews next week that he was made at the scene of the double murder
which is going to cause problems for their operation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:19 am 

Another pretty solid episode. There was never a time Carrie and Quinn were together is there? Does the
baby have to belong to Brody? I liked Saul being a bad ass and locking up the future director in the conference
room. Another episode without Brody, I wonder when they will bring his storyline back into the fold.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:04 am 

T-Bone, how do you get through all of this Sunday night TV?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 am 

Douchebag wrote:
T-Bone, how do you get through all of this Sunday night TV?

I watched Walking Dead last night and my dog got me up just before 4am today so I had
time to watch Boardwalk and Homeland before leaving for work at 6:15.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:33 pm 

So far, so good the last few episodes, plus hopefully they've done something to push the Dana Brody (Lessaro) storyline far enough away that we don't have to endure her for awhile.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:39 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
So far, so good the last few episodes, plus hopefully they've done something to push the Dana Brody (Lessaro) storyline far enough away that we don't have to endure her for awhile.

What if they send us all the tit pic she sent the crazy dude?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finally got caught up.

At first I thought the acting was shitty. The fucking and then the seriousness of Brody and blondy. But then I'm thinking Brody's character is suppose to be bi polar. Or just a crazed nut for being in a hole for 8 years. I know blondy is bi polar, but she annoys me with her god damn crazed facial expressions.

Brody's wife can't act and they don't really give her anything complicated other than looking like a MILF. I'm not gonna blame the actress that plays the daughter. The writers wrote her poorly and are sexing her up too much.

This show has too much sex, to be honest. The main plot is enough to carry this show. It's just lazy writing to kill the hour. Where some shows need it, this one does not.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Last night's episode was the best of the new season. Lots of twists and surprises. Highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:11 pm 

Godfella wrote:
Last night's episode was the best of the new season. Lots of twists and surprises. Highly recommend it.

I need an "oh shit" moment or two, and Saul visiting Brody definitely qualifies. Similar to what T-Bone said, I wasn't too thrilled with how season three was shaping up, then the last few episodes have completely changed that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:10 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Godfella wrote:

I need an "oh shit" moment or two, and Saul visiting Brody definitely qualifies. Similar to what T-Bone said, I wasn't too thrilled with how season three was shaping up, then the last few episodes have completely changed that.

It was a good episode. I knew that Saul was going to find Brody at the end but his shocked reaction to the condition
he found him in was pretty incredible. He obviously wasn't expecting to find him like that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:05 pm 

Real good episode last night but highlights that this show really only works when Brody or Saul are on camera.

The other characters, including Carrie, only really work when they are talking to one of those two. Dana, the daughter, goes from being unwatchable on her own to pretty solid when talking to Brody.

Take just about any character and I think that works which is too bad because they just absolutely have to have Brody die on this mission. There is no way he can be brought back AGAIN in any way that works at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:34 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Real good episode last night but highlights that this show really only works when Brody or Saul are on camera.

The other characters, including Carrie, only really work when they are talking to one of those two. Dana, the daughter, goes from being unwatchable on her own to pretty solid when talking to Brody.

Take just about any character and I think that works which is too bad because they just absolutely have to have Brody die on this mission. There is no way he can be brought back AGAIN in any way that works at all.

I'd have to agree with you that Brody definitely breathes new life into this season. Just judging by those previews
it just seems inconceivable that he would survive this next mission. The whole thing seems pretty far fetched even
by this show's standards. Now that Boardwalk Empire is gone for 8 or 9 months and The Walking Dead moving
into its mid season break, I am glad that we have this running for a few more weeks. Season finale is December 15th.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree, Doc. This last episode was the best in Homeland's run.

This guy is the star of the show and the best actor. All of the other actors are sub par.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:14 am 

Well the plot thickened a bit last night. Looked like the mission was going to shit and Brody managed
to pull one out of his hat. Should be an interesting last two episodes this season. I still don't understand
the end game of this mission other than putting a U.S. backed figure head in a leadership role.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next