It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
This thread is for those of us that have read the books and want to discuss the show without worrying about spoiling it for the losers who can't read or are too poor to afford comic books and should die in a fire.

I'll start us out...........

So, how do you feel about the major departure from the story with Shane still being amongst the breathing?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
shakes wrote:
This thread is for those of us that have read the books and want to discuss the show without worrying about spoiling it for the losers who can't read or are too poor to afford comic books and should die in a fire.

I'll start us out...........

So, how do you feel about the major departure from the story with Shane still being amongst the breathing?

It's not just that but how it happened.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:12 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
It's not just that but how it happened.

Agreed, I didn't want to say too much in the first post in case someone mistakenly clicked on the thread.

Carl shooting Shane is still probably the pivotal moment of the entire series and they totally skipped it. Its weird because they started going down that path last season and they had the scene where Shane was pointing the gun at Rick, but this season it seems like they've dropped that storyline altogether as Shane seems completely normal with Rick now and seems to have accepted that he's not taking Rick's place in the family.

What's the next holy fuck moment you're looking forward? For me, its gotta be when Rick and co. realize that Herschel is keeping a barn full of zombie loved ones. That's gonna be awesome and hopefully we can finally start to see the transformation of Rick to a badass. It was already hinted when Herschel said he refused to believe there was no cure being worked on.

But, the lack of living people at the barn sucks cause that means there won't be that many deaths when the barn situation falls apart. In the book I think Herschel had two kids killed in that scened alone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I hope they don't skip that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
i can afford comics but choose not to but em because they are gay, but i do like spoliers...so what happens to the black guy n his kid who have the other radio that rick gave them?.... will the handless hillbilly reappear?...and how do you know that carl won't shoot shane after he heals up?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:59 am 

312player wrote:
i can afford comics but choose not to but em because they are gay, but i do like spoliers...so what happens to the black guy n his kid who have the other radio that rick gave them?.... will the handless hillbilly reappear?...and how do you know that carl won't shoot shane after he heals up?

Settle down there, champ. We'll give you the straight dope you just need to have some patience.

Also, were you drunk/high/brain damaged when you wrote the above post?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:05 am 

Oh I'm just kiddin' ya!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:17 am 

I know comic books have the word books in the name. I also know Dr. Seuss is considered to have written books. Is it fair to call stories with 10 words per page a book for an adult reader?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:33 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I know comic books have the word books in the name. I also know Dr. Seuss is considered to have written books. Is it fair to call stories with 10 words per page a book for an adult reader?

Who fucking cares? Is there a story? Characters? Emotion etc? Does said "book" convey those properly? I would say The Walking Dead series of "graphic novels" does all of those things quite well. The awesome illustrations kind of take care of the need for a lot of description and such as well.

So, yes, it is fair.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:01 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Who fucking cares?.

You and I. Does anyone else matter?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:05 am 

good dolphin wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Who fucking cares?.

You and I. Does anyone else matter?

Not really.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:29 pm 

The moment that I'm really looking forward to the most is when Andrea finally becomes the sharp shooting badass we all know and love. The way they've been over dramatizing her relationship with guns so far is going to lead to a huge payday down the road I'm guessing. No one wants her to have a gun, she doesn't even know where the safety is, she can't load the thing under pressure, etc etc.

In the previews for the whole season there's a 2 second clip of her in a cul-d-sac in a subdivision. I'm assuming this is in Wiltshire Estates, the overrun suburb they camp out in before reaching the farm in the book. In the clip, she is standing by herself while holding a gun as a number of zombies descend upon her from about 20-30 feet away. My guess is she head shots about 10 in a row in that scene and Andrea the sniper is born.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:45 pm 

Another good episode. Can't wait to see the episode where the barn doors swing wide open, both literally and figuratively!

Nice to see Maggie and Glen get together, for us comic fans that was an iconic moment.

The biggest OMG moment from the show though had to be in the previews for next week when we see Merle show up again. So, I guess he isn't going to be the governor after all, unless they are showing him in a completely different location doing his own thing? They show him briefly telling someone he doesn't look so good. We also see Daryl fall off a horse and get an arrow through the arm. is it possible Merle and Darryl stumble upon each other in the woods and that is who Merle is talking to in the previews???

Either way, I hope they don't drag the farm scene on for too many more episodes. My guess is two more should do it. next week a walker stumbles into the farm and we get to see the barn for the first time as Herschel refuses to let the new people shoot the zombie. Then the episode after that all hell breaks loose in the barn and Rick and co. take off for greener pastures.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:27 pm 

I think Meryl will be a figment of Daryl's imagination after he's hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Good call.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:33 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

That could be it. Kinda burrito if it is cause I hate when shows do that...way too Lost like.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:32 pm 

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/11/the-walking-deads-robert-kirkman-more-new-characters-including-michonne-in-the-works.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:51 pm 

shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

That could be it. Kinda burrito if it is cause I hate when shows do that...way too Lost like.

The guy who plays Merle is probably the most notable actor in the cast. There is no way he took the part without a promise of more Merle.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:16 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

thanks for posting that Peeps! Nothing new in there we didn't already know, but its still cool to hear him even mention Michonnis. The one thing that bothers me is the fate of Tyrese? Will he or will he not be on the show? Having a black character named T-dub already makes me wonder if they will 86 Tyrese's character altogether. Seems odd that they would have a T-dub and a Tyrese in the same small band of travelers. Or maybe T-dub gets killed soon paving the way for Tyrese.

If we don't get Tyrese and are stuck with T-dub instead I'll be pissed. T-dub sucks compared to Tyrese.

Really interested to see where they go after the hiatus. I guess they will find the prison and spend the rest of the season there. The prison/Governor storyline is rich enough to encompass an entire season, maybe even half of season 2 and all of season 3. A great cliffhanger would've been to end season 2 with the discovery of the prisson, but I guess and even better cliffhanger would be to end season 2 with Rick, Glenn and Michonnis being captured by the governor and Rick getting his arm cut off.

Either way, its gonna be fucking awesome!

Really looking forward to Andrea discorving her sharpshooting abilities in the next couple episodes. It looks like she goes zombie hunting at Wilshire Estates next week. I'm guessing she strings together a big enough headshot combo that even Lipid would be impressed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:53 pm 

I don't care if her character changes or not, I want to kick that actress in the uturess. She does not play tough well and if they knew the character was to go in that direction, it was a miscast.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:59 pm 

So far when she tries to play tough it cones across as constipated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:26 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

good call

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:28 pm 

did i miss an episode? what happened to the black guy n his kid with the other walkie talkie?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:30 pm 

312player wrote:
did i miss an episode? what happened to the black guy n his kid with the other walkie talkie?

they haven't been back on the show since Rick left them at their home way back at the beginning of season 1.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:31 pm 

do they meet up again in the book?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:45 am 

312player wrote:
do they meet up again in the book?

yes, Rick and co go back to his house to check on him and find him still living there, but his son has turned into a zombie and the dad has him chained up in a back room. Needless to say dad is a little messed up in the head.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:31 am 
1000 CLUB

I sure hope that the next episode picks things up a little bit, because I felt this week's was pretty lacking. Nothing really happened besides Norman Reedus getting beat up real good.

The 'big reveal' of the barn was pretty much expected, at least by everyone on the board. Even Herschel's character mentality seemed to change from 'mysterious' to 'anxiety-driven'.

I almost would rather the group leave the farm already and move on to another area as this plot in the story is getting pretty stale.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:40 am 

They'll probably resolve the Farm/missing girl story before the midseason break.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Yeah, I would expect a good episode this week and maybe a little surprise. The barn thing we pretty
much figured out thanks to Shakes but we'll see how that all works out too. I am guessing they'll
leave the farm in the next 2 episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Another group member has to die, and soon. Furthermore, why the hell haven't Shane and Laurie spilled the beans about their fling yet? The only reason I see for the writers to drag this subplot on is the possibility that her unborn child is actually Shane's kid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next