It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tucker Max
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Anyone read,I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell? I am 1/4 into it and it is so good.This guy reminds me of a guy I grew up with.

Post subject: Re: Tucker Max
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
chaspoppcap wrote:
Anyone read,I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell? I am 1/4 into it and it is so good.This guy reminds me of a guy I grew up with.

I found most of the book to be entertaining although Tucker Max himself seems like a huge fucking douchebag.

Most of these stories, in my opinion, are ~65% lies mixed with 25% truth with 10% embellishment...give or take, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:19 am 

I think alot of them are true because I have had adventures like this myself

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
I think alot of them are true because I have had adventures like this myself

Oh boy!

I'm sure you have!

I mean, this one time I drank like, 40 beers and did some cuh-raaaaaazy stuff. No one was around to see it, but you can bet it was just nuts!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:03 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I don't know if all of his shit is true, but the company I worked for in the 90s did business with Cooley Godward for our IP stuff. Another big IP firm was Fenwick West where Tucker Max did a summer internship. The two broads he mentions in his Charity Auction story are definitely real people and partners at Fenwick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:10 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't know if all of his shit is true, but the company I worked for in the 90s did business with Cooley Godward for our IP stuff. Another big IP firm was Fenwick West where Tucker Max did a summer internship. The two broads he mentions in his Charity Auction story are definitely real people and partners at Fenwick.

Hey now, I said around 25% truth w/ 10% or so hard embellishment.

It's like historical fiction.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SomeGuy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Hey now, I said around 25% truth w/ 10% or so hard embellishment.

It's like historical fiction.

Yeah, you can tell the story anyway you want. He writes that one of the partners of this silk stocking law firm was wasted and tried to get him- a 24 year old summer associate- to fuck her in her office. Alcohol does do strange things to people, but that doesn't seem like the best career move for a 40 year old partner in a law firm who we assume was intelligent enough to get to her position. I'd bet if she were writing the story she'd say she flirted with the kid a little. The truth may be somewhere in between.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:53 am 

I read the book several years ago in my mid 20s and I found it to be funny and entertaining. Now, skimming his stories on his website I think I'd throat punch the guy if I met him in real life.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:03 am 

Zizou wrote:
I read the book several years ago in my mid 20s and I found it to be funny and entertaining. Now, skimming his stories on his website I think I'd throat punch the guy if I met him in real life.

I know guys just like him.I swear to God.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:06 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Doubtful - you're a clown and only watch brother and sisters your fucking weirdo. GO AWAY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:22 am 

ChgoSportsFreak wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Doubtful - you're a clown and only watch brother and sisters your fucking weirdo. GO AWAY

I sense a call out! You want it you got it rookie.
Brothers and sister I had to look it up, I had no clue what it was obviously you know all about it you pink shirt wearing doucebag.I sir am not a hillbilly,I grew up in the city among the Irish.I there fore 1)know how to drink 2) have not slept with any of my relatives or livestock ,unlike you it seems.Does mommy still cut the crusts off your PB&J sandwiches before she brings them down to the basement for you? I bet you still wear a nametag every day to your McJob.Am I right?